Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:10 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Most Californians tend to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 04:07 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
They typically don't do trials. They usually claim to have a huge database, but then fail to follow through on quality dates or set you up with people nowhere near your criteria just to fulfill the agreement of 1-2 dates per month. Finding a legit one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I would check the Better Business Bureau and Yelp as part of your due diligence before signing on with one.
I think the Matchmaker is not as popular anymore. I've heard this Matchmaker that said there were NO pleasing some of his clients. This one recalled a woman with a specific set of requirements. HE found a guy that had everything but ONE thing that she was looking for. He was a couple of inches shy of her height requirement...so he set her up anyway.

When she called him in for an appt., she gave him his profile and what he was all about, and she was like "Nope, too short!"

He leveled with her an said, "Um, listen, as of now...in my database, this is the best I could do...just meet him for lunch and just find out what he's like, okay"

SHe stormed out of the office.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
My goodness, what a huge circle of friends you have! You always seem to know somebody that is familiar with every situation presented on this board.
Or, like many of us, have you just read about them?

Old 11-30-2018, 08:50 AM

973 posts, read 915,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I think the Matchmaker is not as popular anymore. I've heard this Matchmaker that said there were NO pleasing some of his clients. This one recalled a woman with a specific set of requirements. HE found a guy that had everything but ONE thing that she was looking for. He was a couple of inches shy of her height requirement...so he set her up anyway.

When she called him in for an appt., she gave him his profile and what he was all about, and she was like "Nope, too short!"

He leveled with her an said, "Um, listen, as of now...in my database, this is the best I could do...just meet him for lunch and just find out what he's like, okay"

SHe stormed out of the office.

You'll find this is the case for many online dating websites too. No preference on anything. Except for height.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You don’t have to be angry it wasn’t directed at you in fact you seem like a reasonable and very well balanced human being.

I liken Californians to Crossfitters Vegans Tesla owners:

An atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar...
I only know because they told everyone within two minutes.

Don’t even get me started on ‘Florida Man’.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
You don’t have to be angry it wasn’t directed at you in fact you seem like a reasonable and very well balanced human being.

I liken Californians to Crossfitters Vegans Tesla owners:

An atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar...
I only know because they told everyone within two minutes.

Don’t even get me started on ‘Florida Man’.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I can't even argue with your stereotype of Californian's. *Sigh* Do enlighten me about the "Florida Man" though. I am clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships