Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 AM

641 posts, read 405,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace21 View Post
I wanted to post incog for this because its very shameful and embarrassing but I'm still not able to do it. Maybe fonts aren't allowed to post anonymously here.

This late October, a guy and I started dating. He was my very first boyfriend and very first relationship. We met at age 19 in 2017 but didn't get serious until now at age 20. He admitted to liking me for a very long time since we met in the beginning but I never believed him at the time because of my low my self-esteem and body-image.

Fast forward to now, we broke up. He's actually the one that initiated it by saying he feels I deserve better and he's not the one for me anymore. All of this was said last night and I cried for the entire night. I don't think I've ever cried so heavily like this before. Throughout our relationship(very short one, embarrassing), I would CONSTANTLY put myself down, thinking I was too ugly to be with him, because I hate how I look. Anytime he'd call me hot, beautiful, sexy, doll, I'd cringe and always accused him of lying. This was an everyday thing. I'd even flake going on dates with him because I felt too insecure to dress up and I felt I would embarrass him while were out. I would always ask him how can such an attractive, outgoing guy like him find an awkward unattractive young woman like me so special, when there other more attractive girls that aren't self-loathing.

Before he asked me to be his girlfriend, I asked him if he could be able to handle my insecurities because they're too much to handle. Perhaps that's why he wanted to break up because they definitely become much harder to deal with after a while. He still insists on being friends and its going to be hard for me to "just be friends" with a guy I'm romantically, sexually, and emotionally attracted to. If he gets another girlfriend, I don't know how I can stomach it. Not because I'm overly jealous but because I feel like no other guy will ever like me like he did. He definitely has more dating options than I do. I'm invisible to most guys my age and not conventionally attractive. I have a weird young doll face (wide eyes, button nose, plump full lips, and cheeks), slim/athletic (not curvy), and I'm too awkward and weird for a guy to truly ever like or love me.
You've attracted this desirable guy in the first place, so you look better than you think and it's all in your head.

Go for a less attractive guy next time and see how that goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 08:53 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donth8me View Post
i knew all this sounded familiar - you are rehashing everything from the first baby-faced ingenue thread you started several months ago.

//www.city-data.com/forum/52981156-post20.html

did you follow the suggestions people gave you back in september? You obviously didn't follow your own decision about swearing off dating.

You got similar advice in your first thread (which was locked) as you are getting again here. Will you actually take some of the advice, or can we expect a third thread in three more months?
+1.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:47 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
I've tried therapy before and one of the reasons I stopped going is because I always felt like they would sugar-coat and tell me things I wanted to hear. I want a therapist that's going to be direct & honest and just tell me I'm genuinely ugly to ever experience true love.
We could do that here, but I think warnings or some junk are given out for that. Not sure, because I ignore them, but I know I’ve shaken up some rudderless posters in need of real advice.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 AM

39 posts, read 21,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
OP take a step back and breath. Definitely find a therapist that specializes in body dysmorphic disorder. You need help desperately if you feel this way.
I don't think I have BDD. I absolutely hated hearing that from one previous therapist in the past. I have to deal with guys and girls my age constantly staring me down to the point where I feel uncomfortable. With girls my age, maybe they're silently competing with me & with guys, they should've been taught to not stare at girls for a long time without saying anything.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I don't think I have BDD. I absolutely hated hearing that from one previous therapist in the past. I have to deal with guys and girls my age constantly staring me down to the point where I feel uncomfortable. With girls my age, maybe they're silently competing with me & with guys, they should've been taught to not stare at girls for a long time without saying anything.
Other people aren’t the problem.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:43 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
And a good therapist will teach you ways to cope with your uncomfortable feelings of inadequacy and to face your fears. No therapist in the world is going to pat you on the head and say, "yes, you're right. You are too hideous to be loved."

Old 12-02-2018, 11:55 AM

587 posts, read 423,800 times
Quote:
It's in your mind

If you just said you do not feel you are good-looking/ have negative attributes, why would you think they (other girls) would even "consider you as competition"

Old 12-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
It's in your mind

If you just said you do not feel you are good-looking/ have negative attributes, why would you think they (other girls) would even "consider you as competition"
Its just the way certain girls would look at me. Like they're analyzing my outfit, face, and hair. Its not like they're smiling or being friendly. That's one of the reasons why I feel unattractive.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:03 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
Its just the way certain girls would look at me. Like they're analyzing my outfit, face, and hair. Its not like they're smiling or being friendly. That's one of the reasons why I feel unattractive.
Erm, honey...females DO this. It's not just happening to you.

You have a persecution complex as well as the issues I listed upthread.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Erm, honey...females DO this. It's not just happening to you.

You have a persecution complex as well as the issues I listed upthread.
Well, they need to stop doing this because it makes me feel I'm self-conscious about my looks. I just came back from christmas shopping at Target/shopping mall and so many different girls were glaring at me with a blank facial expression. I even asked my friend if something was wrong with my appearance and he said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships