Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:27 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times

Advertisements

Facial hair is polarizing. Women are seldom indifferent to it. I sense that more women dislike beards than like them, especially ones with any length, but beards seem to almost force women to make a choice whether they find you attractive or not. In my personal experience, that's a better situation than going mostly unnoticed. For regular men whose appearance isn't all that eye catching, getting noticed can be a real asset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 10:32 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Paul Newman is ideal, but I’ve always like tall men, and he’s only 5’9. Honestly, I like tall men, taller than me, but not super tall, like 6’1 and above, I’m a short person. No short men either, when I was younger, I wore high heels so that made them really short. Ideal height is 5’11-6’1. Not too hairy. My daughter is dating a handsome, good looking guy, but he’s too hairy for me. Not too stupid, not a he man, not too crazy about big muscular guy. But firm muscle abs would be ideal. No preference for hair or eye color except the combination is reasonably good looking. Also when I was dating, I was looking for some combination of my gene and his gene for good looking offsprings, I’ve got it, by luck off course.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:35 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Yeah, he's kind of a not chad, in't he? Apparently in a good way. The attention he, Jeff Goldblum, and Adam Driver get should buoy the spirits of not Chad's everywhere.

Is it weird that I can name 3 not classically handsome actors really quickly? Almost like I've been thinking about this or something
Well, and as a Goldblum fanatic myself, his popularity has exploded because he's aged well, he rocks the "silver fox" look, and he's getting more attention now than he ever did when he was young and perhaps more traditionally good looking. But more than that I think is that he is just oozing character. He could look a lot worse than he does and if he still acted and dressed and behaved and spoke as outrageously zany and fun like he does, he'd still have women into him.

I don't actually know who the other guys are...but I'm not really that into celebrities in a general way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women are pretty damn picky lol..I’m balding a in the back and I’m not gonna look good bald
Look, I feel for ya in the whole inevitability of balding for guys who are predisposed genetically to it. But you've got a choice to try and keep what hair you've got, even when nature has you 80% of the way to total baldness, or to just shave the rest off. If you shave the rest off, at least some women are into that. So even if full hair is the first preference, bald guys have a shot. I didn't ever say that just because a full head of hair might come out ahead, other styles are unacceptable, now did I?

Women aren't any picker than men when it comes to looks. Some women are genetically predisposed to struggle with various aspects of appearance, just like guys. I think it's just that if you're a guy and you aren't gifted in the looks department, you might be able to amp up some other part of your appeal and still get women's interest. If you're a woman with a looks problem, you either have to wrap your life around fixing that, or find a man who fetishizes your look (like weight) because a guy who finds you bad to look at won't even go there. I've heard that from almost ALL men. Whereas I've known plenty of women who will adjust their opinion of a guy's looks if she appreciates some other facet of him a lot, or it just won't matter.

I know a guy right off the top of my head who is downright seriously ugly. Really ugly, head to toe. But he's got a decent looking (for her age, she's pretty, but they're both older people) woman who is madly in love with him. She loves his mind, his character, his sense of humor, she adores him. They've been married a very long time...he's always been an ugly dude, she's a gracefully aging pretty woman. He did not get her with his looks. But I bet her looks were important to HIM.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:50 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh shush, you! Hitler would not have agreed. Chad isn’t dark and brooding with extreme features. I’m attracted to my opposite. In appearance, anyway. Is that better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Yeah, he's kind of a not chad, in't he?

It's compared to my fat sorry 'behind', everyone's a Chad. I honestly don't even know who that actor is or what movie/show that clip is from. (I also live under a rock)

Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Well, and as a Goldblum fanatic myself, his popularity has exploded because he's aged well, he rocks the "silver fox" look, and he's getting more attention now than he ever did when he was young and perhaps more traditionally good looking. But more than that I think is that he is just oozing character. He could look a lot worse than he does and if he still acted and dressed and behaved and spoke as outrageously zany and fun like he does, he'd still have women into him.

I don't actually know who the other guys are...but I'm not really that into celebrities in a general way.

Look, I feel for ya in the whole inevitability of balding for guys who are predisposed genetically to it. But you've got a choice to try and keep what hair you've got, even when nature has you 80% of the way to total baldness, or to just shave the rest off. If you shave the rest off, at least some women are into that. So even if full hair is the first preference, bald guys have a shot. I didn't ever say that just because a full head of hair might come out ahead, other styles are unacceptable, now did I?

Women aren't any picker than men when it comes to looks. Some women are genetically predisposed to struggle with various aspects of appearance, just like guys. I think it's just that if you're a guy and you aren't gifted in the looks department, you might be able to amp up some other part of your appeal and still get women's interest. If you're a woman with a looks problem, you either have to wrap your life around fixing that, or find a man who fetishizes your look (like weight) because a guy who finds you bad to look at won't even go there. I've heard that from almost ALL men. Whereas I've known plenty of women who will adjust their opinion of a guy's looks if she appreciates some other facet of him a lot, or it just won't matter.

I know a guy right off the top of my head who is downright seriously ugly. Really ugly, head to toe. But he's got a decent looking (for her age, she's pretty, but they're both older people) woman who is madly in love with him. She loves his mind, his character, his sense of humor, she adores him. They've been married a very long time...he's always been an ugly dude, she's a gracefully aging pretty woman. He did not get her with his looks. But I bet her looks were important to HIM.
I would not look good bald..I got a big nose and thin lips..

I’m screwed either way really lol so I’m just going with what I got not like it’s gonna make a difference.

I don’t really see the part about men not giving women a chance if they’re not attracted they’res plenty of unattractive women in relationships

So either men are more lenient then you think with looks or men have a much more diverse taste in women then vice versa which I think is true.

Last edited by JBT1980; 12-07-2018 at 11:22 AM..

Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM

651 posts, read 407,750 times
Hmmm, the majority of responses seem to indicate dark hair/italian type. Whats up with that?

Maybe the reason i am not as successful is because I dont have those typical "virile man" characteristics, even though I have been told many times I am good looking? No confidence issues either.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Hmmm, the majority of responses seem to indicate dark hair/italian type. Whats up with that?

Maybe the reason i am not as successful is because I dont have those typical "virile man" characteristics, even though I have been told many times I am good looking? No confidence issues either.
Nah I’ve got that and women aren’t attracted to me..then again I’m losing my hair and my face probably isn’t attractive.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:41 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
I would not look good bald..I got a big nose and thin lips..

I’m screwed either way really lol so I’m just going with what I got not like it’s gonna make a difference.

I don’t really see the part about men not giving women a chance if they’re not attracted they’res plenty of unattractive women in relationships

So either men are more lenient then you think with looks or men have a much more diverse taste in women then vice versa which I think is true.
There are women who are unattractive TO YOU in relationships. But their men probably find them attractive in some way. I think it's the diversity of taste at work there, but I think that women also have diversity of taste at a similar level, AND more willingness to prioritize other factors.

Like sure, most women prefer taller guys, but most men prefer women who are not overweight, too, so that one is a wash as far as I'm concerned. A guy can more easily get away with being big...if he's also tall. Tall women are also de-selected at times by many men. While more men lose their hair, just trying being a woman who has seriously thinning hair (I have known some!)

I guess I'm saying an ugly guy with a great personality, good sense of humor, that kind of thing...probably has it better than an ugly woman with a great personality and good sense of humor, at least when it comes to finding someone willing to date them. Though one would have to be using platforms that allow one to express their personality. Swipe apps won't serve either of those people well. Play superficial games, win superficial prizes.

But to the point, the thread asked if women have a type. It doesn't make a woman "too damn picky" to have a type, or preferences. Not any more than it makes a man too damn picky to have a type, or to have preferences, which most do. And just because any person has an idea in their mind of what they find ideally attractive, does not mean that person would not give a chance to anyone who didn't fit it to a T. Which is in evidence with the fact that most people are able to go around experiencing relationships.

Like, if I were "picky" (and I'm the one who said the things that made you issue that complaint) then why have I dated and had sex with a tremendous spectrum of partners who had a great variety of appearances? I mean, I'm the one who found something to like, in all those different kinds of guys in my lifetime. I think that is the opposite of picky.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
There are women who are unattractive TO YOU in relationships. But their men probably find them attractive in some way. I think it's the diversity of taste at work there, but I think that women also have diversity of taste at a similar level, AND more willingness to prioritize other factors.

Like sure, most women prefer taller guys, but most men prefer women who are not overweight, too, so that one is a wash as far as I'm concerned. A guy can more easily get away with being big...if he's also tall. Tall women are also de-selected at times by many men. While more men lose their hair, just trying being a woman who has seriously thinning hair (I have known some!)

I guess I'm saying an ugly guy with a great personality, good sense of humor, that kind of thing...probably has it better than an ugly woman with a great personality and good sense of humor, at least when it comes to finding someone willing to date them. Though one would have to be using platforms that allow one to express their personality. Swipe apps won't serve either of those people well. Play superficial games, win superficial prizes.

But to the point, the thread asked if women have a type. It doesn't make a woman "too damn picky" to have a type, or preferences. Not any more than it makes a man too damn picky to have a type, or to have preferences, which most do. And just because any person has an idea in their mind of what they find ideally attractive, does not mean that person would not give a chance to anyone who didn't fit it to a T. Which is in evidence with the fact that most people are able to go around experiencing relationships.

Like, if I were "picky" (and I'm the one who said the things that made you issue that complaint) then why have I dated and had sex with a tremendous spectrum of partners who had a great variety of appearances? I mean, I'm the one who found something to like, in all those different kinds of guys in my lifetime. I think that is the opposite of picky.
Men have more things that make them unattractive(outside of face which both genders can’t contol ) that
are totally out their control like hair and height(I’m 5’8 and receeding so I’m ****ed) and you say not wanting fat women but not wanting short guys is a wash? Look I know losing weight can be hard for some women but it’s a lot easier then a man trying to grow lol

I’m not knocking anyone for preferences it is what it is..When I get the money I’m gonna get hairplugs and a nose job and hopefully that will get me a few dates at least and my foot in the door

Last edited by JBT1980; 12-07-2018 at 12:08 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 12:07 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Women are pretty damn picky lol..I’m balding a in the back and I’m not gonna look good bald
Put a hat on if you can. That's what I would do if I went bald, but fortunately for me, my hair doesn't look to be going anywhere, anytime soon. It doesn't make sense genetically, since most males on both sides lost it or most of it by 30 and I'll be 36 in a couple weeks. I might wake up one day at 50 and it will almost all disappear with no warning, who knows? I don't look good with a shaved head either, which is fine because one compliment I usually receive is ''You have nice hair''. It's really thick and heavy. I keep it short, but not shaved short. I currently have it shaved completely down on the back and sides, but left quite a bit on top. I haven't tried it like this in quite a few years. I'm still getting used to it. Only did it 3 days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships