Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 12:39 AM

587 posts, read 423,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I agree. Put some new pics on vacation at an exotic beach, in a brand new car (go to Miami and rent a Lambo and take some pics sitting on it), pics with hot girls, etc.
What's the point? It's not your own car, like you are trying to show you have something that you really don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 05:27 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
What's the point? It's not your own car, like you are trying to show you have something that you really don't.
It's better than buying the car when you can't afford it.

Ladies have rent the runaway in which they rent expensive dresses and accessories for a day. It's pretty much the same thing.

https://www.renttherunway.com/

Old 12-17-2018, 05:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most women hate car pix. So lame.
LOL. Yeah right...

Old 12-17-2018, 05:55 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I really wish that were true, but I notice guys with "fast & furious" style cars and in recent years huge as 4x4's seem to get a lot of attention from ladies. And I've seen many profiles where women specifically Mention off roading as something they like to do even though they don't own 4x4's themselves. but maybe thats cause I live in Texas.

Even if I won a brand new high end vehicle tomorrow in a raffle I would not post pics standing next to it on a dating sight cause I would not want to attract that type.

I remember when I had a crotch rocket going to biker friendly bars there were women in the parking lot who if you offer to ride them around they would run to their car and pull a helmet out of their trunk(yep they owned a motorcycle helmet but not an actual motorcycle.) it was kinda funny.

look up the song "mud cricket" on youtube and it will give you and Idea of the chicks into 4x4's around here.
Yeah you'd be surprised how some women would pretend to into a male interest as a reason to meet men. I met a woman who was a biker junkie, but didn't own a bike. Just liked riding on the back of them.

At first, I thought women hung around sports bars to meet men, but turns out, some women are into football. lol

Old 12-17-2018, 06:03 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
I base this on my Tinder results: only 2 years ago when I was 36 I had at least some results, but now at 38 with the exact same pictures I'm getting none. Same thing on Match. I also remember that on Match.com a few years ago the ratio of men/women in my age bracket was even, about 1:1, but now I counted 800 men and 600 women in my area and age bracket.
The downturn is due in part with online dating giving women a "kid in a candy store" mentality. They get distracted by something better, and better, and better. It's a situation that perpetuates itself. And with a constantly full inbox from male suitors, it can be baffling.

I've known some women to quit online dating altogether due to the fact they couldn't handle the sheer volume of emails they get.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Nope. Not at all. I don't view it as a market. That's economic transaction language, not interpersonal relation language.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:08 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope. Not at all. I don't view it as a market. That's economic transaction language, not interpersonal relation language.
hey, how else do people return spoiled goods if not at the market? they want a refund instead of the old catch and release practice... compensation!

Old 12-17-2018, 08:15 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. Yeah right...
I don’t think anyone but a gold digger would get excited about a guy perched on a “Lamborghini”, it says: “I’m not much to look at, but how about this car?” ...and when she finds out it’s rented?

WTH would a woman get all excited about looking at a picture of a guy with “hot girls”? It always looks staged, and then sad.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:48 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t think anyone but a gold digger would get excited about a guy perched on a “Lamborghini”, it says: “I’m not much to look at, but how about this car?” ...and when she finds out it’s rented?

WTH would a woman get all excited about looking at a picture of a guy with “hot girls”? It always looks staged, and then sad.

This for the win!

Those car pics just look ridiculous. Same with the shirtless bathroom selfies.

OP... UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

Old 12-17-2018, 09:21 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
I read "downturn in the dating 'market'" and think, "Does this mean RothT&A portfolios are down because it's bear territory or is this just a correction? And could this have to do with a trade war with the overseas dating market?"

I know, I am horrible. But like Timberline, I find these comparisons of dating to some kind of marketplace amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships