Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 06:35 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times

Advertisements

Everything you did -- the sexting, the sexual compliments, the making out on the 2nd date -- says you're just looking to get laid. Slow the heck down, Romeo. Next time, spend a little more time just DATING and getting to know each other.

This one is done, of course. She's already told all her friends what a creep you are, so don't bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 08:20 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Everything you did -- the sexting, the sexual compliments, the making out on the 2nd date -- says you're just looking to get laid. Slow the heck down, Romeo. Next time, spend a little more time just DATING and getting to know each other.

This one is done, of course. She's already told all her friends what a creep you are, so don't bother.
Thats a little harsh. She was a willing participant in the making out, so thats not the issue. Women send mixed signals to men all the time and expect us to be mind readers. I do think the sexual texting and all that was too much, but its easy to fall into that trap too in this day and age. I think the OP has the advice he needs, which is back off and don't bring it up again, assuming he gets another chance.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
This was pretty quick though given that she was messaging me. I think I just said something off putting and need to back off a bit.

Really? You figured that out all by yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Eww, too heavy too soon.

Didn’t a voice inside your head tell you not to send that text? Listen to that voice next time.

I personally would not give you a second chance because my creeper alarm just sounded.

There are other ways to let a women know you find her attractive without telling her about your dirty mind. I’m sure that made her feel gross.

Next time just compliment her hair, eyes, smile etc. You’ll make her feel like a lady.

This ^^^

Telling a woman you want to bang her is very different than making love because the emotional commitment boils over.

The former is sex...available just about anywhere.

The latter says something about what is in your heart. And can lead to the greatest sex you will ever have.

Well, not you....but other men who understand how to treat a woman.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:44 AM

880 posts, read 531,820 times

Its time to back off and hopefully you learn from this mistake.

When it comes to sex, and all things sexual i have the mind and the mouth of a hormonal teenage boy. I'm pretty upfront about it but i also tell them that i don't sext nor do i send nudes, and i try to avoid sexy talk because i know that once sex is on the table they seem to lose focus, they don't care to get to know me better and any direction i try to take the conversation they always push it back to conversations about sex.

If we are texting and this happens and they don't seem to be getting the hint then they usually wake up to a "i think we're too different" text. That's my nice way of telling them to go away.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:51 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post

Its time to back off and hopefully you learn from this mistake.

When it comes to sex, and all things sexual i have the mind and the mouth of a hormonal teenage boy. I'm pretty upfront about it but i also tell them that i don't sext nor do i send nudes, and i try to avoid sexy talk because i know that once sex is on the table they seem to lose focus, they don't care to get to know me better and any direction i try to take the conversation they always push it back to conversations about sex.

If we are texting and this happens and they don't seem to be getting the hint then they usually wake up to a "i think we're too different" text. That's my nice way of telling them to go away.

Yup. Just too many women undressing you before you get to know them. Poor guy. Good on you for making it clear to them that you are not that sort of guy.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:52 AM

243 posts, read 224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Really? You figured that out all by yourself?

This ^^^

Telling a woman you want to bang her is very different than making love because the emotional commitment boils over.

The former is sex...available just about anywhere.

The latter says something about what is in your heart. And can lead to the greatest sex you will ever have.

Well, not you....but other men who understand how to treat a woman.
THIS!! LMAO!!

---

Anyways, look man, women like sex as much as we do. But you need to be smart about it. Don't come out so blunt because obviously they will think that is all you want. If sex is all you want, that's cool, but make sure you do it with a woman who is looking for the same. Never lead anyone into an emotional relationship if you don't mean it. The opposite is also true, if you want a partner for more than just sex, then understand that you can't come off so direct within such a short time.

You didn't say how old you were, but i'm assuming you're young, don't worry, take this as a lesson learn. Experience will teach you how to be better with women.

"Thank u, Next" lol

Old 12-19-2018, 09:59 AM

880 posts, read 531,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Yup. Just too many women undressing you before you get to know them. Poor guy. Good on you for making it clear to them that you are not that sort of guy.
Im a girl....i just have a mind like horny boy

Old 12-19-2018, 10:10 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
There's definitely a time and place for a dirty mind. Just not usually on the second date with someone you barely know.
Right, and it sounds like she would have been more accepting of more flirty banter over the "I want to &*%$ your @^*&$" kind of sexting. Women can be sexually open but still want to be wooed.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:24 AM

785 posts, read 954,088 times
I'm in good graces lol. She said that it threw her off a bit and that she gets horrible messages through online dating but likes me and wants to spend more time with me.

She liked that I owned up to it and apologized.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:31 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
I'm in good graces lol. She said that it threw her off a bit and that she gets horrible messages through online dating but likes me and wants to spend more time with me.

She liked that I owned up to it and apologized.
Awesome! Salvaged for now. Now proceed with caution and as a Southern gentleman would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships