Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 02:10 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Based on the OP's own posts of an ideal relationship that involves a woman spending all of her time with him and not having any outside interests or relationships with friends or family. Perhaps that's appealing to some, but I feel smothered just reading about it in the abstract.

It's also not what a real loner or introvert would like or want. Introverts need space. Even from loved ones.

Basically, he wants a woman with the personality of a dog. That's what my dog is like. No doggie friends, no doggie family, and hangs around me all the time (even follows me into the bathroom or cries at the door if I shut it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 02:11 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
[quote=Sydney123;53937274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

For the record....^^^^^ I did not post the above. That was the OP who posted it. ... lol
Yeah, the forum is being a little funny in how it is handling the quotes and replies.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:12 PM

67 posts, read 34,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Do you want to experience some success, or do you prefer to be able to state you have had a complete lack of success?
I'm a failure with women and relationships and a loser.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Based on the OP's own posts of an ideal relationship that involves a woman spending all of her time with him and not having any outside interests or relationships with friends or family. Perhaps that's appealing to some, but I feel smothered just reading about it in the abstract.
Honestly, while do like to spend a lot of time with an SO, I also understand the importance of having space.

You know what they say, too much of a good thing...

Old 12-20-2018, 02:20 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
3 questions if somebodynew or anyone else can answer.

1.Do you know any men or women with terrible attitudes toward the sex they want to date who nonetheless attract and have relationships with lots of people?
Sure. Not all terrible attitudes are dating enders. I don't know what other people are talking about. But attitude one is the idea of rejection. You see it start when kids start playing the dating game in early high school. The kids who express interest and get turned down and do not internalize REJECTION express more confidence outwardly, likely because they ARE more confidence. Confidence is attractive. If a person takes that someone doesn't want to go out with them as a REJECTION (of any more than an offer of an outing) is can't help but feel like a reflection on them. (Side story. My DD was interested in a boy. He was expressing interest in her in his actions but then went out with someone else. Her first instinct was to wonder why she was not good enough. <I cringed to myself.> She then realized that that was stupid. That she was not going to let someone not going out with her affect her sense of self worth.) We know that confidence is attractive. But no matter how people yell I am WORTHY online, when they use the rejection language and wind up hating the "rejector", they have piled two highly unattractive attitudes together/

The second attraction killer attitude is that of wanting to "get" a date / partner where the concern never really gets to who that PERSON is. Basing this want on shallow things like looks (theirs being important and theirs being the excuse for why they aren't "getting). This attitude seeps through communication and is nearly obviously cringey to the target. Oh aren't I special? I am one of the 30 people who meet the category female in your hunt today, just one in your acquisition numbers game. I don't care how well a person thinks they are writing articulate OLD messages, this attitude reeks through. And the plonks follow.

I HATE the Chad attitude. The red pills stuff makes me crazy. I would never go out with one of these guys. On purpose. One cannot escape that if what you want is to play like a playah, some of this stuff "works". The ones who are good at it actually look pretty decent at first. Like narcissists, their charm hides their stuff until later. This is an example of a terrible attitude that needn't be a dating killer.

Quote:
2.Do you know any men or women who are fine people but who struggle to find love, painfully and beyond the normal, expected struggles?
Given that I think almost all people are "fine people", I find that question is easy to answer yes to. But I see nothing about being "fine" that means datable.

Quote:
3.Is it conceivable that a person can be embittered, as unwise as that is to let happen, as a result of their very difficult experience and not as the cause of it?
Of COURSE it is conceivable to be embittered. We see it all the time. Who even cares about cause? The notion that cause is the thing is part of the broken thinking processes. Is the people who did not go out with the embittered person the cause? Of course not. They have very right to go out with whomever they want, and not to with whomever they don't. Maybe the sun is the cause. Cuz it's there. Why is blame/cause even a consideration? The person feeling the suffering has the power to make a change in a way that is going to be mentally and emotionally healthy whether it yields the love of their life or not. Seems like a straight win to me.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
Speak, and so shall it be.

Gonna be honest with you. Nothing in this life is for everyone. Maybe relationships is just not for you.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
You are a loser AND a "failure with women" or you are a loser BECAUSE you are a "failure with women"? DO you even see a difference?

Old 12-20-2018, 02:23 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
It reads like he wants a captive, not a partner.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
3 questions if somebodynew or anyone else can answer.

1.Do you know any men or women with terrible attitudes toward the sex they want to date who nonetheless attract and have relationships with lots of people?

2.Do you know any men or women who are fine people but who struggle to find love, painfully and beyond the normal, expected struggles?

3.Is it conceivable that a person can be embittered, as unwise as that is to let happen, as a result of their very difficult experience and not as the cause of it?
1 and 2

I'm not sure I know any of them personally, but I do know of them and there are plenty of them out there.

3. That's an of course for me.

In the case of number 3, it becomes a vicious cycle.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It reads like he wants a captive, not a partner.
Sadly a lot of people do...

All the times I myself have been "kidnapped" within the last couple of years. Some of my friends had "kidnappers" as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships