Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 690 times

Advertisements

My ex lived with me for 5 yrs until I made him move out because he didn't pay any bills and refused to work except for odd jobs. After he left, we still texted and visited regularly but no sex was involved. He would leave birthday and Valentine's gifts in front of my door and he always seemed jealous of me being out with friends and get upset when I didn't respond to his texts right away. When we would get together around twice a month, his conversations consisted of him telling me he was going to be homeless if he didn't figure out what to do.His truck was falling apart and he was perpetually working on it.
After a year of these visits, I saw on social media, that he was frequently in pictures with a woman. I asked him why he still visited me if he was with her now. He said he had been working on her house and hung out with her sometimes. He also said that she was very insecure and crazy. The last time that I saw him, he had come over and asked if I would rent my spare bedroom to him. I didn't give him an answer but asked if he could stay with the woman while he worked on her house as she seemed to like having him around. He said he couldn't breath well there since she had 6 dogs living indoors.
After he left, the woman called me for the first time and asked me what kind of relationship he and I had. I told her we texted and visited regularly but didn't have sex. She informed me that they had been practically living together for a year and she had purchased him a truck, an iPhone, and given him use of 2 of her bank cards. She also said she had met his family and he had met hers. I was of course very perplexed and wondered if I ever really knew him since he had gone into such detail on a regular basis about his dire living situation.
She texted me after she confronted him and said she told him she was taking everything back that she had purchased him and was done with his dishonesty. The very next day she texted and said he was ready to be an honest man and would marry her that day if she wanted. He told her he would never speak to me again if she never brought me up again. She posted a picture of them out dining with her son and grandkids later that day. She texted me a few more times letting me know that they were building a life together and she told him it was important to her for him to tell me that they were together now. I didn't respond to those texts.
Unbeknownst to her, I feel hurt by his lies to me also, but he didn't attempt to apologize to me. He just disappeared from my life. A week after his pledge of love to her, she texted me again saying he was acting strange again and didn't know if she could believe him because of all his lies and wanted to vent. I didn't respond to that either.
A few days after that she called and left a voicemail asking if I would meet her for lunch and talk. Once again, I did not respond. A week after that, she called late on a Saturday night. I didn't answer and she texted asking if I could talk. I didn't respond. She texted a few days later saying that she wanted to get the truth out of him, that we both deserved that and would I call her so she could put him on speaker to tell me.
I didn't respond to that as I had no idea what she meant and for that matter, I didn't want to get on her ridiculous level. I have not heard another word from him but I haven't told her that.
Can someone shed some light on this nuttiness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 12:49 AM

1,158 posts, read 954,547 times
She's a nut. Block her and him too...Sounds like he may have been making his situation sound "dire" as a back up plan. Maybe he hoped you would take him back so he could leave her.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:36 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
...… id stay away far far away

Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM

706 posts, read 572,879 times
If it were me, i would text her/him one last time telling them to leave me alone, then I would block them. Be happy you didn't marry him and move on with your life.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiann View Post
My ex lived with me for 5 yrs until I made him move out because he didn't pay any bills and refused to work except for odd jobs. After he left, we still texted and visited regularly but no sex was involved. He would leave birthday and Valentine's gifts in front of my door and he always seemed jealous of me being out with friends and get upset when I didn't respond to his texts right away. When we would get together around twice a month, his conversations consisted of him telling me he was going to be homeless if he didn't figure out what to do.His truck was falling apart and he was perpetually working on it.
After a year of these visits, I saw on social media, that he was frequently in pictures with a woman. I asked him why he still visited me if he was with her now. He said he had been working on her house and hung out with her sometimes. He also said that she was very insecure and crazy. The last time that I saw him, he had come over and asked if I would rent my spare bedroom to him. I didn't give him an answer but asked if he could stay with the woman while he worked on her house as she seemed to like having him around. He said he couldn't breath well there since she had 6 dogs living indoors.
After he left, the woman called me for the first time and asked me what kind of relationship he and I had. I told her we texted and visited regularly but didn't have sex. She informed me that they had been practically living together for a year and she had purchased him a truck, an iPhone, and given him use of 2 of her bank cards. She also said she had met his family and he had met hers. I was of course very perplexed and wondered if I ever really knew him since he had gone into such detail on a regular basis about his dire living situation.
She texted me after she confronted him and said she told him she was taking everything back that she had purchased him and was done with his dishonesty. The very next day she texted and said he was ready to be an honest man and would marry her that day if she wanted. He told her he would never speak to me again if she never brought me up again. She posted a picture of them out dining with her son and grandkids later that day. She texted me a few more times letting me know that they were building a life together and she told him it was important to her for him to tell me that they were together now. I didn't respond to those texts.
Unbeknownst to her, I feel hurt by his lies to me also, but he didn't attempt to apologize to me. He just disappeared from my life. A week after his pledge of love to her, she texted me again saying he was acting strange again and didn't know if she could believe him because of all his lies and wanted to vent. I didn't respond to that either.
A few days after that she called and left a voicemail asking if I would meet her for lunch and talk. Once again, I did not respond. A week after that, she called late on a Saturday night. I didn't answer and she texted asking if I could talk. I didn't respond. She texted a few days later saying that she wanted to get the truth out of him, that we both deserved that and would I call her so she could put him on speaker to tell me.
I didn't respond to that as I had no idea what she meant and for that matter, I didn't want to get on her ridiculous level. I have not heard another word from him but I haven't told her that.
Can someone shed some light on this nuttiness?
What part of this DONT you understand?

Old 12-20-2018, 04:33 AM

605 posts, read 334,045 times
Do not try to figure this one out. Ensure you tell them both to leave you alone. YOu need to show this if down the line, you need a restraining order.

He called her crazy. Just back off. Nothing good can possibly come of this

Old 12-20-2018, 05:16 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,288,275 times
Why is there even a question here? She's insecure with a liar.

More importantly, why have you not blocked her number?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 AM

410 posts, read 340,190 times
Block their numbers. Don't respond - at all. The wolf that comes to the door is that one that you feed.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:50 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,507,109 times
I agree with the others. Just blocked the numbers, so you don't even get these texts anymore.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:04 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,111,443 times
I agree with everyone else - block them both and don't allow them back into your life again. Nothing good could come of it if you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships