Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 06:31 AM

4,410 posts, read 2,905,157 times

Advertisements

I always grew up thinking being rich or famous helped with getting a lot of women, but it seems like a lot of pro athletes don't have good looking wives or girlfriends like I expected. Then with MeToo movement, it seems like a lot of these famous men had to either pay or harass women into liking them. And then I know of a lot of rich men that just have trouble finding serious girlfriends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 06:36 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,820,464 times
Maybe, just maybe, some pro athletes aren't attracted to the same things you find attractive on a photo? People don't couple with a two dimensional image. They couple with a person.

And yup, people, despite being wealthy can be disgusting creeps, or have trouble falling in love. I have no idea how money would help someone have chemistry and a connection, other than potentially having more leisure time to meet people.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:42 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,152,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I always grew up thinking being rich or famous helped with getting a lot of women, but it seems like a lot of pro athletes don't have good looking wives or girlfriends like I expected. Then with MeToo movement, it seems like a lot of these famous men had to either pay or harass women into liking them. And then I know of a lot of rich men that just have trouble finding serious girlfriends.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:54 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,725,995 times
Quote:
This post reads like a Mad Lib that you filled in while sitting on the toilet after watching Access Hollywood.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:55 AM

19,468 posts, read 12,103,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, some pro athletes aren't attracted to the same things you find attractive on a photo? People don't couple with a two dimensional image. They couple with a person.

And yup, people, despite being wealthy can be disgusting creeps, or have trouble falling in love. I have no idea how money would help someone have chemistry and a connection, other than potentially having more leisure time to meet people.
The internet has done a weird thing where average people have become utterly obsessed with looks. In some cases it seems to have triggered BMD -a body dysmorphic disorder that makes them see most people as ugly. If couples are not properly "looks matched" they think there is a serious problem.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:58 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,871,360 times
Nothings changed for thousands of years. Women are still drawn to men with lots of money.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:06 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,820,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The internet has done a weird thing where average people have become utterly obsessed with looks. In some cases it seems to have triggered BMD -a body dysmorphic disorder that makes them see most people as ugly. If couples are not properly "looks matched" they think there is a serious problem.

These are people who have clearly never experienced falling in love.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:00 AM

617 posts, read 1,198,870 times
They have lots to weed through - I'm betting they want somebody who appreciates them as people rather than for their fame/money.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:11 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,320,792 times
Quote:
Ah, the myth of the rich.

And then there's bum self almost having to beat away women (and men) with a stick.

Like seriously, you saw me getting up from that bush. Let me work and save up money so I can get a home. Y'all really expect to love me out of a cardboard box?

Old 12-20-2018, 10:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,907,301 times
Quote:
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships