Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Very nice seeing this post! I imagine there are plenty of people out there who, like me don't let what kind of shape the other person is in bother them. After my 2nd divorce, I was talking to a lady not far from where I lived. I told her I was 44 and was 5'7" and weighed 270. She came back with I was too heavy for her. She had told me she weighed 155. Didn't bother me. When she told me I wasn't in her weight range, I told her that it was her loss. My present wife, who I met a couple weeks later, totally agrees with me.
I don’t get it...of course it didn’t bother you that she was 155lbs, you were probably within inches in height, but you weighed over 100lbs more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 10:50 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
let it go, just like the song says

Old 09-09-2019, 10:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
let it go, just like the song says
Ha! Yeah I don’t really care all that much, just pointing out what I think is one person’s double standard. In overdrive. @ “yes, I’m willing to accept a relatively average sized woman, but she rejected an obese man. My wife agrees.”
Ok.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:07 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ha! Yeah I don’t really care all that much, just pointing out what I think is one person’s double standard. In overdrive. @ “yes, I’m willing to accept a relatively average sized woman, but she rejected an obese man. My wife agrees.”
Ok.
yah, i agree with you.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:14 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t get it...of course it didn’t bother you that she was 155lbs, you were probably within inches in height, but you weighed over 100lbs more.
True.

And 155 may not even be considered overweight for the woman, depending on how tall she is. She may well be within normal weight range.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:20 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Very nice seeing this post! I imagine there are plenty of people out there who, like me don't let what kind of shape the other person is in bother them. After my 2nd divorce, I was talking to a lady not far from where I lived. I told her I was 44 and was 5'7" and weighed 270. She came back with I was too heavy for her. She had told me she weighed 155. Didn't bother me. When she told me I wasn't in her weight range, I told her that it was her loss. My present wife, who I met a couple weeks later, totally agrees with me.
Why would 155 bother you? It's a normal, healthy weight for many women your height and taller, depending on bone structure.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
LOL

You guys are funny

Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would 155 bother you? It's a normal, healthy weight for many women your height and taller, depending on bone structure.
True. I noticed he did not even say what her height was. Without that information, a person's weight is fairly meaningless.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:28 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
You know how this thread was beating a dead horse for a while regarding menopause and weight gain. Well 18 of the last 26 comments, #s 243 thru 268, have been directed at a poster who hasn't returned. I think it's pretty clear that several women don't want to be his caretaker and they resent his characterization of his weight (270 at 5-7) being somehow comparable to a woman being 155 at any height. Point taken. Repeatedly.

I'm calling the ASPCA

Old 09-10-2019, 12:42 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
This could be a touchy subject, but I saw this post on the POF forums...

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/1673...Postpage3.aspx

The very last one where he expressed how dating in your LATE 40s and 50s can be diffucult as there is not a divide between the 2 where people just choose to let themselves go vs. those who decided that they NEED to stay fit and eat healthy.

There is also a problem for those late 40s' - 50s (of both sexes) that have taken care of themselves and look good. And that problem is they expect someone who, likewise, has taken care of themselves and look good, but we all know that once you hit late 40's those folks become rare.

Most people are content to just let themselves go. That is if you're looking at the same age range. So that's another thing you have going against you because it looks like you're in good shape and maintained your looks

Late 40s are pretty much the turning point where your metabolism starts to slow and you can no longer eat sugary sweets and such and still burn them off while barely walking like you did in your 20s or 30s.

Some haven gifted with the YOUTH gene where you look young for a 50 year old, whereas everyone else, looks their age (50).

So I was wondering for those of you out there that had reached that age that decided to keep maintaining your health, how many of you finding it hard to find a healthy partner about that age? I hear that healthy women in their 50s tend to complain about all they keep meeting is men that have beer guts that are the size of a 9 mos pregnant woman. Some of these men are pretty much inactive, too.
It doesn’t matter tho...if you are dating, married or in a committed relationship......being fit & maintaining a good weight is important for your overall health.....& for keeping relationships as much as finding them........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships