Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 05:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missseptember View Post
He just texted me that we should plan to get together in the next week or so..... Ok, so do i just let him suggest when and where and see how that date goes....???

In fact, how do I respond to that???
What do YOU want to do? How do you want things to be different from yesterday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 05:46 PM

115 posts, read 63,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Back to your original question: Does he only want sex?

Again I say yes. In my experience, this is not how a man conducts himself on a first date when he wants something long lasting. Most men know if you sleep with someone the first date, the dynamics are so thrown off that a relationship usually does not result from it. It really is too soon to have sex the day of meeting and be able to develop a solid foundation for a relationship after it.

Whatever you decide, please please please do not have sex with him until you discuss being in a committed exclusive relationship first.

I promise you that if have sex with him on date 2, 3 or 4, and don't ask before about being in a relationship, after that night he will contact you once or twice more, and then move on to the next girl.
Ok, I get it, and I am not desperate for sex, so yeah, I can wait.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What do YOU want to do? How do you want things to be different from yesterday?
I want to go on a regular date (dinner maybe, maybe something active, even drinks are fine) and then just observe his actions. If he asks me over, I say no, and see if he ghosts me afterwards... That would be my plan...IDK, maybe I should know better

Old 01-01-2019, 05:50 PM

553 posts, read 302,023 times
Quote:
I want to go on a regular date (dinner maybe, maybe something active, even drinks are fine) and then just observe his actions. If he asks me over, I say no, and see if he ghosts me afterwards... That would be my plan...IDK, maybe I should know better
That's fine. Give him a chance. I personally would leave it up to him to pick the place and time. That will tell you a lot.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
That's fine. Give him a chance. I personally would leave it up to him to pick the place and time. That will tell you a lot.
Exactly, so I will write sure, would love to see you again or something like that.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:55 PM

553 posts, read 302,023 times
Quote:
Exactly, so I will write sure, would love to see you again or something like that.
I think that is a perfect reply. Good luck and please post an update

Old 01-01-2019, 05:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Then just say something like, "Sounds great. I'd love to go eat somewhere and maybe [insert activity here - whatever fun thing people do where you live]. Where do you feel like going?"

I do think you need to at least make a suggestion, and I think you should be specific, because if you leave it open to his interpretation, he'll probably just wanna make out in your house again.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
I think maybe you should have a date where drinking isn't involved.

It's a little surprising drinking was involved after your breakfast date -

Like, an afternoon hike.

Drinking every time you see someone kind of obscures the reality of the two personalities.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think maybe you should have a date where drinking isn't involved.

It's a little surprising drinking was involved after your breakfast date -

Like, an afternoon hike.

Drinking every time you see someone kind of obscures the reality of the two personalities.
I know, he asked what we can do, I would like to spend more time with you. I couldnt come up with anything. It was also raining, and nothing really in the area to do (we were more in the suburbs than the city), so we were grateful at least one bar was open for drinks.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I think that is a perfect reply. Good luck and please post an update
I will def update Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships