Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 04:30 AM

110 posts, read 75,932 times

Advertisements

My ex and I broke up about 3 months ago but we remained friends and whenever we are together we would flirt, hold hands and basically act like a couple. He kept telling me that he wouldn’t get mad or jealous if I start seeing someone new. So recently I met a guy and he took me out on a date and I posted a picture of us cuddling on my social media. When my ex saw it he flipped and basically said I was cheating on him. He told me “how could I do this to him when we had just started talking again for a month. Why would you be doing that with another guy when we’re talking again” how would I know we were talking again when we never stopped acting like a couple? I had asked him to go out multiple times and he would reject me or ignore the text so why would he think that I think we’re “talking” again. Besides the fact that we still hold hands and the occasional flirting and kissing I feel rejected by him like he didn’t want to get back with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 04:34 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
You say your moving on but you've asked him out multiple times? You did not make a clean break, so now both of you are confused about your status. I think breaking up but continuing to kiss and flirt set you both up to get hurt.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
You say your moving on but you've asked him out multiple times? You did not make a clean break, so now both of you are confused about your status. I think breaking up but continuing to kiss and flirt set you both up to get hurt.
I asked him out before I was trying to move on. I got tired of him rejecting me time after time so I decided it was time for me to move on and I’m still trying. I still have feelings for him and it’s not gonna stop over night. He was my first real love. We stay friends because we know one another better than we know ourselves.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:41 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
So it worked, eh?

The power of posting images on social media...you got just the reaction you were hoping for, he's 'jealous' now.

Have fun with it, let us know how it goes!

Old 01-07-2019, 04:43 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
You never stopped acting like a couple but say you've moved on? Still hold hands and kiss ?Sorry, that does not compute

Old 01-07-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
So it worked, eh?

The power of posting images on social media...you got just the reaction you were hoping for, he's 'jealous' now.

Have fun with it, let us know how it goes!
I wasn’t even trying to get him jealous. I posted because I was genuinely having a good time and wanted to share it. And also I was drunk. He never checks his Snapchat anyways and doesn’t watch my stories so I wasn’t even expecting him to see it

Old 01-07-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You never stopped acting like a couple but say you've moved on? Still hold hands and kiss ?Sorry, that does not compute
I’m trying to move on. This was the first date I pushed myself to go on cause I can’t sit around letting him reject me. So on nye I decided it was time for me to go on a date with someone new

Old 01-07-2019, 04:50 AM

I love him but at the same time it was making me miserable not knowing if he even wanted a relationship with me anymore. Little did I know he wanted to get back with me. After two weeks we broke up he came to me with a pregnancy scare. He thought he got another girl pregnant. So I hope you guys see how I was having doubts whether me wanted me or not.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:54 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,322 times
You need to just cut ties with the ex. You cannot have it both ways

Old 01-07-2019, 05:30 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
I love him but at the same time it was making me miserable not knowing if he even wanted a relationship with me anymore. Little did I know he wanted to get back with me. After two weeks we broke up he came to me with a pregnancy scare. He thought he got another girl pregnant. So I hope you guys see how I was having doubts whether me wanted me or not.
Which is why I point out that this was a calculated move on your part. You wanted to trigger a reaction. There's nothing at all wrong with that, and you've pretty much admitted to it without saying it--but at the end of the day, why keep going around in circles with an unsure 'ex'? Is the game playing THAT fun? And what of the poor guy you used for the selfie--the guy who took you out not realizing he's only a prop being used to get a reaction out of another man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships