Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:47 PM

35,565 posts, read 17,911,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeIceCream View Post
What makes you so sure that they'd know what's wrong with me? Who's to say some of them aren't in the same boat (a couple of them are)?
I don't know, FreeIceCream. I assumed you could ask your siblings or co-workers.

I've long thought there could be a thriving business with people in your situation - you have no idea why you're unable to establish a relationship. I've thought I could go to coffee, or for a drink, with you, and I'll tell you in a half hour what you're doing wrong. I'm really surprised that business hasn't come about, since there are really so many in your position, and so many people are on Online Dating Sites who never get past the first date.

I could tell you, in a half hour what the problem is.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,078,334 times
Move to a new place.

If you still want to see prostitutes, seek them in strange towns with no connection to the one you live in.

Don't tell anyone where you live, work or hangout that you frequent prostitutes.

Any girl in your age bracket will be sorely put off that you frequent prostitutes, unless they happen to be a prostitute.

Practice responsible/safe sex.

Best wishes.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:16 PM

1,166 posts, read 875,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I could tell you, in a half hour what the problem is.
What kind of info do you need? Is there like a series of questions you have?

Old 01-07-2019, 08:19 PM

1,166 posts, read 875,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Move to a new place.

If you still want to see prostitutes, seek them in strange towns with no connection to the one you live in.

Don't tell anyone where you live, work or hangout that you frequent prostitutes.

Any girl in your age bracket will be sorely put off that you frequent prostitutes, unless they happen to be a prostitute.

Practice responsible/safe sex.

Best wishes.
1. I plan on relocating in the next couple of years.
2. I already did this in my current town. It's a small town and I had to travel to a larger city about 50 or so miles away to find them.
3. I don't
4. I know this, I don't understand the stigma behind prostitution though.
5. Always do

Old 01-07-2019, 08:25 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
OP, you're not some freak, just because you haven't had a gf by 21. You wouldn't have been a freak if you hadn't had sex yet, at your age. Are you in college, btw?

There are lots of guys your age, who haven't had sex yet. They just don't talk about it, except maybe with their best buddies. There was a university professor who used to post here, and she said over several years, that she has grad students, men and women, who were still virgins, in grad school. Apparently they mentioned to her in the course of working with her, that they'd never had a bf or gf. And students work so many hours these days, while going to school, that a lot don't have time for relationships.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up. You're doing yourself a disservice, by feeling like you're behind the curve.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:29 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,188,203 times
next time you hire a lady..... take her out to eat ….and take her dancing practice some social skills …

if you do get to asking a woman out ….that's not a professional....i'd be a little quiet about the "willing to pay" that can come across as a turn off

Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 PM

1,178 posts, read 684,728 times
Quote:
I'm not in bad shape physically, I'm 6'1 and 185 pounds, no bad acne or anything like that. I'd say my problem is my social skills, but since dating isn't a "clear cut" thing, I have trouble understanding the gray areas.
Be upfront in dates about your lack of understanding for dating etiquette.

I am like that. I tell people straight up. The man I am with now doesn’t mind. He likes straightforwardness. As a girl, if yu told me that, I’d be like, cool, now I know I need to be straightforward back to avoid awkward dating comfusion.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:54 PM

78 posts, read 55,478 times
Maybe forget about dating, you need to start with is girl-friends, friends who are girls. Make as many as you can.

All my relationships pretty much started that way. We palled around and already knew each other and it just grew. Now that I think about it I don't think I was ever on a "first date."

Old 01-08-2019, 02:08 AM

71 posts, read 37,526 times
Quote:
I don't understand the stigma behind prostitution though.
I almost can't wait to get far enough past the cutoff point here and give up on finding any worthwhile wifey material that doesn't think I'm ignoble trash, and move right onto the prostitutes.

This whole process of coupling has grown so monumentally tedious. At least with hookers, you get half of what you want out of a relationship.

I feel like if modern romance keeps growing more-and-more unenthusiastic, jaded, and risk averse, there may be a nice uptick in brothels in the next few years.

Maybe I should start investing now. Are any publicly traded?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:28 AM

5,402 posts, read 3,590,986 times
someone once told me "your trying to hard", take it easy and it will happen, your only 21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.