Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:56 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,134 times

Advertisements

Yikes. My club perspective was much more fun than this. I suppose for women, the pressure isn’t as high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 07:53 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
I thank the Christ I was never forced to capitulate to these environs and these associated people. If I went to a bar or nightclub it was with a very specific purpose or group of people. Not a general fishing expedition to find a stranger or make myself feel elevated. I can only imagine the perpetual sadness and feeling of little self worth for the people that frequent these types of places.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:21 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,404 times
My night club experiences have been far more fun, less pretentious, and less try-hard than this LOL. The key is to not take them or yourself so seriously and just have a silly good time. Back when I was single, if I hooked up, great, otherwise oh well. If there are a lot of dudes who act like the guy described in the article, I certainly feel bad for them lol. Nowadays I go with my fiance and/or friends to goof off or see a show.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:57 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had a good time sometimes. I used to hang out at night clubs that catered more toward the heavy metal and hard rock side of things as that was more my thang and we had a good time.

What was described sounds like a nightmare, definitely not my scene. I'm too old for that crap anymore. I don't do nightclubs anymore haven't for 20 years now. LOL.
I'll go to clubs to see a band, but that's the thing...I'M THERE FOR THE MUSIC!

I'm a headbanger too! Hence the name...

Old 01-14-2019, 04:12 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tamale View Post
If you want to meet women - buy/rent/borrow a puppy and take a stroll through a park.
Heh. The other day in the park I was admiring a guy's lively dog and just so he knew I wasn't trying to hit on him, I mentioned that I adopt only senior dogs, and it was nice to meet a young dog. He immediately asked me, "Do you know anyone that would take an old Great Dane?"

So now I have an old Great Dane. Elvis.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:18 PM

310 posts, read 202,809 times
If this is a supposedly truthful club life description for many, I'm glad I spent my youth reading and painting pictures.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:10 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
I met my husband at a bar in the 1970s. We are still married. No OLD, no meetups. The bar had live entertainment which is why I went with my friends. It was a body shop; now it is a parking lot.

Imho, the best way to meet a love interest is in college or joining groups that hav3 activities you enjoy.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
It varies wildy between types of clubs and even per club it can depend on the dj that night. The crowd and vibe can vary wildly. I'm in my 40s and myself, my wife and our friends still frequent nightclubs in L.A. and Vegas. We are there for the music first and foremost, and to have fun among friends. So we don't notice nor partake in all the shallower aspects the article points out. We just make sure to go to certain clubs we know well and only for specific djs we follow and/or genres we know will have a good crowd. Choose poorly and it can be a horrible experience full of dudebros and wannabe ig models, on the other hand you can have an amazingly good time as well. However I don't think they're good places to meet people to date. It's usually too loud and hectic.

Last edited by 11thHour; 01-17-2019 at 02:34 AM..

Old 01-17-2019, 03:57 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Egads!
In recollecting.....it's been dern near 14 years since I ventured into a nightclub. One in buckhead ...was fun as it had a rooftop area to relax and not be pummeled with the blasting music. Preferred the Jamaica nightclub that I stumbled upon.....definitely didn't feel the bumps and bruises most of the nightclubs are notorious for.

I prefer the laid back....jazz or rastah genre. Ppl are less anxious to get drunk or embarrass themselves with lewd antics.

I appreciate music...I also appreciate my hearing. I can't find anything delightful in being deaf or blinded by the lights....

Old 01-17-2019, 04:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTraveller View Post
I was done with it at 21. Once the thrill of getting in underage was over that was it but even before that I was like this sucks its so loud you can't talk and my eyes are burning from cheap cologne and perfume.

Its the same scam as football. Everyone pretends to like it because they don't know almost everyone else is also pretending to like it and no one wants to be odd man out so they pretend to like it.
Do you have a relationship question?

I mean, that is the section you are in OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships