Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 02:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

I’m trying to get myself out there more and be more social with women which is hard for me to do with strangers.

I’ve been small talking with a lady in my building the past few weeks. We seem to have a decent repoire by now so I asked her if she wanted to grab some coffee sometime not trying to be too aggressive and make a date already instead so a meetup with no pressure to see if we click.

She said I’m too short for her (I’m around five seven and a half maybe near 5’8 she’s about 5’4)

Stuff like this is why I don’t put myself out there. It’s not just rejection but I have to be put down also?

I’m done with Mod cut..

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2019 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
She has a preference. What's wrong with that? I'd hardly consider that a put down, and I'd say you're being overly sensitive.

I'm 5'8" myself, and there were plenty of women that rejected me during my online dating days, but you just move to the next one. A self-defeating attitude won't do you any good I can assure you. Keep putting yourself out there.

EDIT: I just looked at your posting history. You have literally been posting and complaining about "rejection" on here for 10 years. At what point do you seek professional help to assist you with your issues?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:43 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I’m trying to get myself out there more and be more social with women which is hard for me to do with strangers.

I’ve been small talking with a lady in my building the past few weeks. We seem to have a decent repoire by now so I asked her if she wanted to grab some coffee sometime not trying to be too aggressive and make a date already instead so a meetup with no pressure to see if we click.

She said I’m too short for her (I’m near 5’8 she’s about 5’4)

Stuff like this is why I don’t put myself out there. It’s not just rejection but I have to be put down also?

I’m done with this sh1t.

I'm responding without reading everyone else's comments yet.

What she said was rude, whether she meant to be or not. But now you know she's a waste of time. Better to find out now, than 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 years, whatever, down the road.

I know the rebuff still stings...but it says way more about her being rude like that, than it does you, about not being 6ft.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:53 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
5 foot 8 isn't even that short for a man. It's just below average, but only by an inch or two at the very most. A guy that's 5 foot 8 shouldn't even stand out as short, unless he's standing around a bunch of guys that are over 6 foot tall.

Only on this forum have I seen stories of people blaming their height on not getting dates. Unless they were like 5 foot 4 or so.

I was friends with this guy that was like 5 foot 6 and he used to get dates and have girlfriends. He claimed he was 5 foot 8, but he was adding on a couple inches. Guy was maybe just about 5 foot 7 at the tallest. Someone even married my 5 foot 7 cousin, who is very challenged in the looks department if you ever saw him.

I know countless examples of 5 foot 8 or shorter guys that get dates/have girlfriends/are married.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:04 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
5 foot 8 isn't even that short for a man. It's just below average, but only by an inch or two at the very most. A guy that's 5 foot 8 shouldn't even stand out as short, unless he's standing around a bunch of guys that are over 6 foot tall.

Only on this forum have I seen stories of people blaming their height on not getting dates. Unless they were like 5 foot 4 or so.

I was friends with this guy that was like 5 foot 6 and he used to get dates and have girlfriends. He claimed he was 5 foot 8, but he was adding on a couple inches. Guy was maybe just about 5 foot 7 at the tallest. Someone even married my 5 foot 7 cousin, who is very challenged in the looks department if you ever saw him.

I know countless examples of 5 foot 8 or shorter guys that get dates/have girlfriends/are married.

Speaking of...

When I was in my late teens, early 20's, I used to do data entry. I worked with a bunch of people, in a single room.

A lot of us were about the same age, and we all became friendly/friends. One of the guys was parapalegic in a wheel chair. He was cute, he was funny, he was nice, and if he had asked me, I would've gone out with him. Alas, he never asked and I was too shy to ask him. There's so much to attraction...it's not JUST looks, or JUST height or anything like that.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:05 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
seems like a polite rejection...

it's better than saying she doesn't like your personality and offend you for being you

saying you are too short is as polite as saying you are a boring person

FYI, it is rarely about the "reason", you would have taken any rejection personally. maybe the next person will say she has a boyfriend, would that lie make you feel better? if she doesn't want to date you, why does she need a "reason" beyond she doesn't want to date you? if she goes out with you, what "reason" does she need for that other than she wants to

Old 01-08-2019, 03:20 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
A thread on this same topic by the same OP was deleted earlier today by another moderator because the topic of height is off-limits and has been discussed many times in past threads. This thread will remain in place, but is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships