Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 12:16 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I've known women who have stopped taking birth control and didn't tell their partner because she wanted to get pregnant, but he didn't.
And I've known of men who've sabotaged a woman's birth control. People really suck sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 12:21 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
We’re couples who broke up due to one person not wanting kids and the other wanting kids really in love? When I think in love, I think of doing anything for the other person. I am skeptical of if these people were really fully in love.
Compromise on a car? What the hell. Trade it in if you can’t stand it after a couple of years.
Move to your spouse’s hometown? Sure, with the right job offer and you can move again if you can’t stand it.
Kids? If you don’t like them you can...........

Yeah, that’s why you DONT compromise on this issue.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:23 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,897 times
Quote:
We’re couples who broke up due to one person not wanting kids and the other wanting kids really in love? When I think in love, I think of doing anything for the other person. I am skeptical of if these people were really fully in love.

So you believe that being in love with someone would mean doing something for that person that you don't really want to do?By doing that,that would show real love for that person?No...it means that you know 100% that you don't want children.This should be something that is talked about early in the relationship.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:27 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
When I'm in love with someone I don't want them to do things they really don't want to do, especially life changing things.

Also, love isn't enough to make a relationship work.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:29 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Some that thought they didn't want kids turn out to be a great , loving parent.
But some really, really mean they do not want children.
Thing is, you can't gamble with a kid's life and better to break up then to leave after the kid is born

Old 01-19-2019, 12:48 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
I would think it would be incredibly hard to find someone who doesn’t want kids.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:54 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
I would think it would be incredibly hard to find someone who doesn’t want kids.
So?

Old 01-19-2019, 01:03 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
(Raises hand)

100+ matches in DC on OkCupid women 25-32 who don’t want kids. Not that hard if you hunt on the right grounds.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Not hard at all. I've never looked for women that didn't want kids, but most people I've dated haven't. My partner never has. I can only think of 2 in the last 5 years or so that did.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:18 PM

185 posts, read 134,218 times
Quote:
I would say the person who doesn’t want kids agrees to have one. You don’t always get what you want. That’s part of being in a relationship and not being single. If my wife wants to live in the city and I want To live in the suburbs I’m not going to break up with her.
The decision to have/not have kids is one thing I consider non negotiable in relationships. The example that you mentioned above ie where you live in no where comparable to deciding to bring another human being into this world. Some people just do not like kids and if they decide to have one just to please or keep a significant other that that can breed resentment which would eventually destroy the relationship and the child will suffer as well if they are never able to bond with them.

Sometimes love just is not enough. You can love someone a great deal, but find you are just not right for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships