Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 02:39 AM

83 posts, read 57,738 times

Advertisements

Say she flirted with him but he didn't flirt back or anything. Earlier today I was at Starbucks doing some work on my laptop and a woman said hi and and was making some comments about what I was doing, then just sat down across from me and started some obvious flirting, not for long as I told her I was busy and she finally got up and left, and when I got home I told my fiance and we just laughed about it.

But if a woman tried to flirt with your man and even if he didn't reciprocate, would you want him to tell you, or even view it as a bad thing if he didn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 05:19 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,984,353 times
I would want to be told and I probably would not like it if it was kept from me. I would laugh about it as well. But it all depends on the relationship. Some people would rather not know. Other people would be mad if it was kept from them and they found out. These types of things are all subjective to each relationship and person. Oh, and I don't look at my husband as "my man," so there's that.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:01 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
It really depends on the whole situation. Yes, I would like to know about some of the flirting, but I don't need to know about every single interaction my husband has with other women. And of course, I would care more about the flirting if it were a woman that he might interact with in the future (a grocery store cashier, etc...).

For example, my first serious boyfriend was a drummer in a local band. He got flirted with a lot when I wasn't around. I trusted him completely and... I didn't need to know about any of the flirting when I wasn't with him. It was a given.

With my husband, before we were married, some sales rep visited his workplace a couple of times and flirted hard with him. He did tell me about that, and we had some laughs. And I thought those flirts were good for his self esteem, since he is not the type of guy that flirts with women. He's never even tried or wanted to pick a woman up at a club or a bar.

So my feeling is that a wife wants to know, but if that husband is a chick magnet, probably she doesn't need to know about ALL of the flirts directed towards him. And it also depends on how secure the wife is about her husband's physical attraction and emotional devotion towards her. So if that wife is pregnant or is having issues with her weight or her looks, it'd be best not to tell her about any of the flirts until she is feeling better about herself.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
If there was a point to it, like being an amusing story, sure.
If it's just a ho hum part of every day life, I don't see the point..at least, no good point.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:42 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Not really.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:45 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
I don't expect a play-by-play of all the interactions my partner has in his daily life, no.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:47 AM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
I actually think its sexy AF when i hear about someone flirting with my guy, maybe its a weird kink thing??? But if he flirts back i'd be pissed.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:53 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
No. You can’t control what other people do. If it was something extreme, then I might be interested, but mostly, not. And like ellybelly83, I like it when he gets a little attention. It’s good for him to feel attractive to others.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:57 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
No - certainly not if it was a one-off kind of situation. If it was a recurring thing, at work for example, then I would want to know about it and discuss. Frankly, I've not been with guys who are frequently flirted with so it's a non-issue.

Seems like what is defined as flirting is very subjective and probably gets to be more common when the "beholder" is jealous.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:37 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
Say she flirted with him but he didn't flirt back or anything. Earlier today I was at Starbucks doing some work on my laptop and a woman said hi and and was making some comments about what I was doing, then just sat down across from me and started some obvious flirting, not for long as I told her I was busy and she finally got up and left, and when I got home I told my fiance and we just laughed about it.

But if a woman tried to flirt with your man and even if he didn't reciprocate, would you want him to tell you, or even view it as a bad thing if he didn't?

I don't need to know unless the woman who was flirting was someone we know, or a friend of mine. I trust my husband to handle everyone else. (To be clear, I trust him to handle it if it's someone we both know, or a friend of mine too, but I need to know if someone I know is flirting with my husband. There will be words, and there will (most likely) be an ending to the friendship.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships