Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 09:11 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

I think I need to go to one of these since I’m never around single women.

The old thing isn’t for me. I’m 5 7 1/2 which for old is almost like having leprosy lol and not very good looking so it’s a waste of time for me on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 11:38 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I think I need to go to one of these since I’m never around single women.

The old thing isn’t for me. I’m 5 7 1/2 which for old is almost like having leprosy lol and not very good looking so it’s a waste of time for me on there.
Yeah, I'm 5'8", so I hear ya. Funny, in person. One woman I dated a woman that was 5'7" herself, met her in person. I lucked out because she says she doesn't care about looks, more into personality.

But yeah, if you're like around my height, you might as well find a petite Filipina, most of which are 5'3" and under. lol

Old 01-31-2019, 03:22 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
There is no such thing is "doing OLD right", there's no right or wrong way of doing it. There are too many moving parts and variables to consider. There's no end-all, be-all solution to this, with likely the exception of going out and meeting women in public where you can use your personality, charm, humor, or whatever, to demonstrate your personality.

A computer is too limiting and actually takes the enjoyment and fun out of getting to know someone. Let's say if a woman has a strict height requirement of dating men no less than 6 feet, and she's only 5'3". If she met a 5'10" guy in person...and if he's charming enough, she may actually overlook it. THAT'S the advantage of meeting people in person.

I've noticed people would throw out their shallow list of requirements because they've met stand-out people that they've become attracted to them by the dynamics of meeting someone in person.

I knew of a woman that told me she only dated blondes, but wound up marrying a brown haired man. Sometimes real life experiences, people wind up changing their mind about it on the fly. The whole "Expectation vs. reality" thing.

I knew of a dude that had a policy to never date Hispanic women, because he said they all have tempers...but he met a kind, sweet PR woman that knocked his socks off.

That's what I"m getting at here.

What you write here and in subsequent exchanges with Timberline lead me to think you are indeed not "doing OLD right". Doing it right is simply answering enough questions, and writing enough about yourself, that a potential date can read what you posted and decide *if* they want to meet you. Me, I would have no interest in meeting a woman who was not really eager to meet a guy like me. And as I posted, I am *not* a "mass appeal" kind of guy - easily 90% of American women at least I am certain would not like me, would not want to date me - the hard-core child free aspect alone knocks most of them right out of the box.

But, you know what? I am perfectly OK with that. Like I said, electrons are cheap. I would just be looking to get my bona-fides out there, where all can take a look, and the very few that might be interested could get in touch if they wanted.

You are trying too hard. That's obvious to me, just reading your posts on here. If you have physical attributes that most women don't want, without listing them here, but we all know more women want a guy more like Paul Newman, and less like Danny DiVito - you are simply going to have to cover more ground, and, probably also settle for a woman who does not have the most appealing physical attributes as well. Just mastering the obvious here.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm 5'8", so I hear ya. Funny, in person. One woman I dated a woman that was 5'7" herself, met her in person. I lucked out because she says she doesn't care about looks, more into personality.

But yeah, if you're like around my height, you might as well find a petite Filipina, most of which are 5'3" and under. lol
A lot of times short women are the biggest height snobs.

I mean most women are but they are the worst lol

Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
A lot of times short women are the biggest height snobs.

I mean most women are but they are the worst lol
If you did OLD again, maybe try reverse match, so that your height is already in someone's acceptable range. That way you only see profiles where in theory you won't meet that attitude or stated preference.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
If you did OLD again, maybe try reverse match, so that your height is already in someone's acceptable range. That way you only see profiles where in theory you won't meet that attitude.
My height is in an extremely small percentage of acceptable range for women with old..and then that’s just the height barrier once you get the extremely small amount who won’t care about that how many will be attracted to everything else about me.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:55 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
probably also settle for a woman who does not have the most appealing physical attributes as well. Just mastering the obvious here.
I think I may or may not have explained in previous posts, maybe this one. That that's the problem with online dating. Such women that you mention, even raise their bar even more. Thus their unrealistic expectations. I have reached out to these kinds of women only to be ignored.

I think I mentioned a heavy set girl that a female friend tried to introduce me to via her Facebook friends list. Though it's not through a dating site, it's still via "electrons". I was told that we had a lot of common interests and such and her female friend could picture us together.

I introduced myself, told her about the friend that said to contact you. I got ignored. I was kind of surprised and thought maybe there were technical difficulties after 2 or 3 attempts.

I reached out to the female friend that wanted to introduce me to her heavy friend. Was wondering if my message ever got through to her. I found out from said female friend that she simply wasn't physically attracted. I was landblasted and thought to myself, "Um, has she weighed herself lately or even looked at a mirror before stepping in the shower?!"

I just rolled my eyes. I kind of joked to myself, "Hell, if I'm going to get rejected, it might as well be from someone that's attractive, right? lol" But this? I've known a few fat ugly dudes that wanted supermodels and not their equal. So no worries, I'm not THAT guy. I know my equal and I have realistic standards.

Unfortunately , with online dating, people want that they themselves cannot offer...ie - washboard abs.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:31 PM

575 posts, read 339,061 times
ThisTown: Just wanted to chime in and say I strongly appreciate the satire in your highly agreeable posts.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
I saw recently a posting of a local singles mixer happening in a city about an hour away. You have to pay 20 bucks a pop though, and I was surprised at the large RSVP list of people signing up (over 100) via the Meetup platform. I rarely see this many sign up for any event in this amount. The thing is, the organizer only hosts it like once every 4 months. So it's not a routine Meetup. Of course, it's a Valentines Day mixer...so it would make sense.

That said, would you, or have you ever been to a paid singles event like this? If you had, had you any luck doing so? Figured with people who do some online dating here, it'd behoove them to attend these organized in-person singles events, yes?
No way in hell I’d ever go to a mixer. Especially here in Washington DC. It would be totally filled with the pretentious, super stuck up, yuppie types that y’all about their job 24/7 I’m totally sick of already.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And once again you completely miss the point, which I've tried to get across time and time again with a multitude of posts.
+1.

Huge difference between "please say more than hi!" & a thesis of "well crafted" boring nonsense.

If one is repeatedly turned down, maybe it's time to look within. What is really going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships