Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:19 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,838,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I’ve just seen and experienced too much to accept that as a definitive truth.
Oh I doubt it's the "definitive truth," not sure that exists but it definitely is "my truth."

I'm attracted to the type of women that are attracted to me when I'm trim and fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 02:40 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,333,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If it wasn’t natural for you I can definitely see why it was uncomfortable. It’s not for a lot of guys though. Don’t discount the idea that some women out there like big guys. Granted in a lot of these cases the size or bulk is associated with strength, like an offensive lineman. But I know plenty of women whose husbands/boyfriends are big, “fluffy” guys and aren’t shy about what they prefer.

So I definitely disagree it’s as easy as losing weight and models will be throwing themselves at you. I’ve just seen and experienced too much to accept that as a definitive truth.
In my experience it made a difference. Not going from no interest to models being interested (are models really the standard-like what if she's only an ear ring model?), but going from no interest to some, which I was very pleased to see happen, even though I screwed that up.

I'm 6-1 an I like to weigh about 165 (don't currently but I like to), and I really think, objectively, I don't carry weight very well. My blood lipids and blood pressure start to complain if I get beyond 180 or so, and I like my look better lighter. At 180 + I didn't look like an offensive lineman so much as a fat wide receiver, which isn't really a thing.

I was pretty doughy from age 10 til about age 21, at which point I got quite fit. I'm sure I felt better, and felt better about myself at the lower weight, but I still had almost crippling social anxiety, so I think a lot of the added attention I noticed was due to looking better.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
In my experience it made a difference. Not going from no interest to models being interested (are models really the standard-like what if she's only an ear ring model?), but going from no interest to some, which I was very pleased to see happen, even though I screwed that up.

I'm 6-1 an I like to weigh about 165 (don't currently but I like to), and I really think, objectively, I don't carry weight very well. My blood lipids and blood pressure start to complain if I get beyond 180 or so, and I like my look better lighter. At 180 + I didn't look like an offensive lineman so much as a fat wide receiver, which isn't really a thing.

I was pretty doughy from age 10 til about age 21, at which point I got quite fit. I'm sure I felt better, and felt better about myself at the lower weight, but I still had almost crippling social anxiety, so I think a lot of the added attention I noticed was due to looking better.
At 18 I had 6 pack abs and was running and swimming everyday. I remember some of my mom's friends would stare at me. I was too shy and into my hobbies so I wasn't much into the "dating scene" then.

I met my first ex wife when I was 22, I was around 164 when I met her I think. I remember we went to a fair and a guy guessed my weight so that is my point of reference. My first ex-wife at the time looked wonderful, she was from Switzerland and had zero body fat but was really well endowed (it's in her family). She now has gained a lot of weight so I had her at her best.

Yes the model I dated wasn't a super model but she was hot. She kinda looked like someone that may be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader for a point of reference.

For some reason most of my weight goes to my belly. My legs are extremely strong because I played soccer but my abs need the most work. I kind of have the stereotypical male body so I have to work hard to overcome my genes.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:26 AM

880 posts, read 528,848 times
Love me a guy with a little soft belly, it has nothing to do with a fear of them cheating. Ex husband was 6'2 ecto/meso body type, very fit, looked great. Not good to snuggle. But i love bodies that are somewhat flawed, a little chubby, scars and other imperfections are so beautiful.
OP is obviously attracted to women that like fit guys. He liked being fit himself so once the weight dropped off the confidence increased, and there is nothing sexier than a guy that has confidence.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:48 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,350,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
The point is that I believe weight is all that matters for men getting women. Women don't really care what a guy's face looks like just his gut. It's a sliding scale. At 208 I got some but not nearly as much as 190. By 220 you can't get any.

I'm hoping this serves as motivation for some guys to hit the gym and realize that weight loss is all that matters, assuming you have some kind of game.
Actually, no, "women" don't all like the same thing. This woman prefers an attractive face over a super fit body. I've dated men who carried a little extra weight when I thought they were facially attractive and chemistry and compatibility fell into place.

Weight loss is not all that matters. I've skipped over athletic and fit men for men with "dad bods" or average physiques. For some of us, if we desire substance, chemistry, and genuine compatibility, just having a nice body won't do.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:07 AM

4,038 posts, read 2,698,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Love me a guy with a little soft belly, it has nothing to do with a fear of them cheating. Ex husband was 6'2 ecto/meso body type, very fit, looked great. Not good to snuggle. But i love bodies that are somewhat flawed, a little chubby, scars and other imperfections are so beautiful.
OP is obviously attracted to women that like fit guys. He liked being fit himself so once the weight dropped off the confidence increased, and there is nothing sexier than a guy that has confidence.

This is key, no matter the body type!

Old 01-29-2019, 10:08 AM

4,038 posts, read 2,698,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Actually, no, "women" don't all like the same thing. This woman prefers an attractive face over a super fit body. I've dated men who carried a little extra weight when I thought they were facially attractive and chemistry and compatibility fell into place.

Weight loss is not all that matters. I've skipped over athletic and fit men for men with "dad bods" or average physiques. For some of us, if we desire substance, chemistry, and genuine compatibility, just having a nice body won't do.

Yep, this too!

Old 01-29-2019, 10:45 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,286,535 times
Quote:
This is silly. I think the ideal weight for me is around 180 lbs. If I get to that I'll stop dieting but keep losing weight.

When I was 18 I was 164 lbs. First marriage I was like 170-180 the whole time (20's/30's). Then after my first marriage I went on a workout-a-thon, got into running, doing sprints, working out 2+ hrs a day. Got back down to my weight at age 18 (was so proud of this fact). At that time I was doing really well with the women to say the least but one latched onto me, that was my second marriage. Of course I didn't have to continue the workout regimen and she cooked a lot of fatty food so I went back to 180 but that's okay because it was a healthier weight.

220 was too high for me but I think where I am now ~190 is okay but looking to go down to 185 or 180 then mission is accomplished.
it hasn’t been my experience that 20-30lbs of extra weight is the difference between the average Jane to centerfolds. I’m very fortunate, I never had the mentality that I needed to alter my weight or lift barbells to gain confidence amongst woman.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
it hasn’t been my experience that 20-30lbs of extra weight is the difference between the average Jane to centerfolds. I’m very fortunate, I never had the mentality that I needed to alter my weight or lift barbells to gain confidence amongst woman.
Well we each have different life experiences. But if there's a guy that is slightly overweight hopefully this will give him the impetus to start working out.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:48 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,832,295 times
Quote:
Don't get your hopes up too high, it's usually a 2 steps forward 1 step back kinda thing...

That drought was the longest I've ever had in my life so I tell you that first sex after the drought. Wow, I was like a machine! She didn't expect such intensity but she loved it! I don't recommend anyone to have such a long drought but if you do, when you break the drought it's the best you've ever gotten!
Like if your really hungry and someone hands you a cracker to eat. "Dang, was that a Ritz? That was amazing" LOLOLOLOLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships