Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 05:02 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,579,235 times

Advertisements

OP, staying out late is one of the first signs of infidelity and cheating - particularly if it seems the person is not really with co-workers. Actually maybe your spouse is with one particular co-worker staying out late.

I didn't catch how often your spouse is staying out late.... but even once may have indications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
women will avoid the house....

if its miserable to be there..

getting positive attention somewhere else..

otherwise most women ive known...likes a clean house..

have a talk with her...and LISTEN ...let her speak with no replies..

Old 02-02-2019, 02:00 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I didn't catch how often your spouse is staying out late.... but even once may have indications.
It’s hard to pin down the details. It turns out she only works 20 hours a week, and some of it from home, and so ... what is that -maybe five hours here and there “at work” throughout the week? That must mean she’s just mostly gone, somewhere else.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:34 PM

14 posts, read 7,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How long married?
We're not married. But I've been with her a long time.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
I would have the "are we okay talk" with her. Be honest. Tell her you are concerned re her staying out late. Ask her to talk with you re that. Please be respectful, non-accusatory and calm. If she is not receptive to discussing the issue with you, that alone would be telling to me. If one, or both, parties in a relationship is not willing to communicate and discuss concerns with the other, what really is the point of the union--zero!

If she blows you off, hire a private investigator to follow her. I would not take that route because if I ever felt I had to hire a PI to follow my partner, I would leave the relationship. Complete waste of time and life.

My best to you. I know these issues can draw you down and take up full-time residency in your mind and heart. Is it really worth that?

Old 02-04-2019, 12:26 AM

6,864 posts, read 4,860,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmooth View Post
Yes that's the problem. I never thought for a moment that she was cheating. It's the house. It's messy and disorganized.
You don't know how to clean and organize? How did she live before you were married? If she was never tidy and organized you can't expect her to change.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:31 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She had a kid at 46?

Right.

I smell something fishy.
That is possible. I know someone at work who had a kid at 46.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:42 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Dim lights, thick smoke, and loud loud music...

Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Wait for a time when you’re both calm, and tell her you have somethings you want to discuss with her. Don’t accuse her of things, if you start by being offensive, she will get defensive and fight or shut down. Tell her how you feel. Don’t start with who what where like it’s an interrogation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Great advice posted here.

If that does not work, i would follow her 1 night, or have a friend do it. See what she is up to....

How long have you been married?
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
OP, staying out late is one of the first signs of infidelity and cheating - particularly if it seems the person is not really with co-workers. Actually maybe your spouse is with one particular co-worker staying out late.

I agree w/ the above posts. Plus, it doesn't even matter if she's 2, 5, 10 hrs, etc. late after work's over. The fact is that this is NEW & DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR, it seems & her saying just "out w/ friends" is way too vauge an answer for me.

OP, if you were a woman saying this about your husband, everyone will be saying probably CHEATING. Well, there's a lot of bad women out there too who cheat, are not meant to be wives, mothers, etc. too. There's still a lot more men out there like that, but there's a lot of bad women out there too!

I'd definitely, definitely try my best to follow her. Do this:

- Rent a car so she doesn't recognize your car
- Wear a hat, wig/mustache &/or sunglasses so she can't see/recognize your face
- Wait across the way where she parks for work
- Follow her all night & have video ready to record OR take tons of pictures so you have evidence so you can tell her she's telling bold-faced lies when you confront her & she lies about what she's doing

- Start proceedings to get divorced because unless you want someone who you don't know when she's telling the truth or when she's lying & she's probably lying most or all the time, then that's a miserable, hopeless marriage.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:41 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Well now we've learned she's not really his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships