Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 619 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I really need your advise. Will be seeking counselling shortly to help me with overthinking things but I wanted to get your point of view on below.

The guy and I have been dating for a year now. Just want to note that have trust issues because of past experiences.

The guy IÂ’m with is older and his behaviour is very caring and loving towards me. Everyone around us confirms heÂ’s so in love with me simply due to his body language. His family also confirmed theyÂ’d never see him this happy before. We joke around a lot and have a chemistry that IÂ’ve not experienced before itÂ’s just so natural being around him and spending time together and I can just be myself.

The issue I feel is that he calls me beautiful but others who all happen to be blond girls - amazing /gorgeous !! I feel thereÂ’s a massive difference there. I also tell him maybe he needs to be together with a blond girl not small brunette if that’s his type but he denies it completely and says he doesn’t want anyone but me as I’m the one.

Came close to breaking up because of the following: he follows girls he used to date on social media which I donÂ’t understand as people I had sexual relationships with in the past are no longer present for me to watch and follow their daily actions - just donÂ’t see the point. Makes me think hes still open to them and if things donÂ’t work out heÂ’d have easy access to reach out to them? One of them reached our to him recentlY to check whether he was still in a relationship or not... he said there wasnÂ’t an issue as these girls he has absolutely no interest in.

He follows this girl he works with - not same branch. Says sheÂ’s crazy as sheÂ’s in an unhealthy relationship with this guy who is married however, I always had a gut feeling that he had a massive crush on her. Calls her gorgeous when describing her and likes almost all of her pics. He said he wasnÂ’t interested but one day I caught him, as he thought I was sleeping he opened his social media to stare at her selfie... I told him about it and that IÂ’m aware heÂ’s got a crush on her.

The other day he saw the fiancé of a friend as she walked into the party and his jaw dropped. He told her wow you look so amazing you really look so amazing! I was really pissed off as I told him how am I supposed to feel? I didnÂ’t illicit a reaction like this from him when I got ready and glammed up! What about his friends, none of them commented on her like that because all of their girls were there!

Then, on holiday a few months ago he was ogling at naked girls on the beach as they were topless... I told him looking is fine but staring to the extent that theiir boyfriends even noticed goes beyond embarrassment.

I have basically summed up the negatives and my overthinking thoughts provoke me to feel anger and jealousy and I donÂ’t know what to do. I confronted him on all this and told him IÂ’ve had enough as I donÂ’t want my confidence to slide because of him and am worth so much more. He kind of begged me to stay with him as IÂ’m the one for him and on our next holiday he took everything into consideration which led us into having the best holiday ever without any arguments or issues, but IÂ’m still not sure...because of all thatÂ’s happened.

HeÂ’s quite shy and is someone who tries to avoid issues and problems wherever he can. He worries a lot as well and is so caring however his above behaviour just confuses me so much and I told him IÂ’m not sure whether he just needs me to fill the blank of being in a relationship as heÂ’s in his mid 30s and all of his friends and family are pretty much settled down..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 02:08 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseP3 View Post

Hi guys,

I really need your advise. Will be seeking counselling shortly to help me with overthinking things but I wanted to get your point of view on below.

The guy and I have been dating for a year now. Just want to note that have trust issues because of past experiences.

The guy IÂ’m with is older and his behaviour is very caring and loving towards me. Everyone around us confirms heÂ’s so in love with me simply due to his body language. His family also confirmed theyÂ’d never see him this happy before. We joke around a lot and have a chemistry that IÂ’ve not experienced before itÂ’s just so natural being around him and spending time together and I can just be myself.

The issue I feel is that he calls me beautiful but others who all happen to be blond girls - amazing /gorgeous !! I feel thereÂ’s a massive difference there. I also tell him maybe he needs to be together with a blond girl not small brunette if that’s his type but he denies it completely and says he doesn’t want anyone but me as I’m the one.

Came close to breaking up because of the following: he follows girls he used to date on social media which I donÂ’t understand as people I had sexual relationships with in the past are no longer present for me to watch and follow their daily actions - just donÂ’t see the point. Makes me think hes still open to them and if things donÂ’t work out heÂ’d have easy access to reach out to them? One of them reached our to him recentlY to check whether he was still in a relationship or not... he said there wasnÂ’t an issue as these girls he has absolutely no interest in.

He follows this girl he works with - not same branch. Says sheÂ’s crazy as sheÂ’s in an unhealthy relationship with this guy who is married however, I always had a gut feeling that he had a massive crush on her. Calls her gorgeous when describing her and likes almost all of her pics. He said he wasnÂ’t interested but one day I caught him, as he thought I was sleeping he opened his social media to stare at her selfie... I told him about it and that IÂ’m aware heÂ’s got a crush on her.

The other day he saw the fiancé of a friend as she walked into the party and his jaw dropped. He told her wow you look so amazing you really look so amazing! I was really pissed off as I told him how am I supposed to feel? I didn’t illicit a reaction like this from him when I got ready and glammed up! What about his friends, none of them commented on her like that because all of their girls were there!

Then, on holiday a few months ago he was ogling at naked girls on the beach as they were topless... I told him looking is fine but staring to the extent that theiir boyfriends even noticed goes beyond embarrassment.

I have basically summed up the negatives and my overthinking thoughts provoke me to feel anger and jealousy and I donÂ’t know what to do. I confronted him on all this and told him IÂ’ve had enough as I donÂ’t want my confidence to slide because of him and am worth so much more. He kind of begged me to stay with him as IÂ’m the one for him and on our next holiday he took everything into consideration which led us into having the best holiday ever without any arguments or issues, but IÂ’m still not sure...because of all thatÂ’s happened.

HeÂ’s quite shy and is someone who tries to avoid issues and problems wherever he can. He worries a lot as well and is so caring however his above behaviour just confuses me so much and I told him IÂ’m not sure whether he just needs me to fill the blank of being in a relationship as heÂ’s in his mid 30s and all of his friends and family are pretty much settled down..
Louise, I think seeing someone about your overthinking is a good start. Has anything happened in the relationship that gave you reason not to trust him cause by what you have said, you do not trust him. And he might be giving u reason not to trust him with all the stares & other girls in his life. Everyone has friends but he shouldn't be be olgling them & if you have talked to him about it & he S T I L L does it, you need to ask why would a man that says he loves me disrespect me in this way? So start by sharing your feelings with him.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:11 PM

892 posts, read 484,344 times
it's good to *know* each others' "dealbreakers" early on...it doesn't 'get better' the longer it's kept 'under wraps'. then you *both* get what you really want and deserve in any relationship situation.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
All that... Â before the apostrophes made the OP a bit hard read.

His ogling (which apparently, can get over the top) over other women definitely would make any girlfriend uncomfortable. So actually you might not be overthinking, but you might underrating that gut feeling. Him gushing over another woman when he didn't react the same to glamming you is such a kicker and makes me wonder if there is something off with him.

The bigger question you'd have to ask yourself is if you're willing to deal with this the rest of your life?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:20 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
One visit to the beautician will clear things up for you.

Go blond.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseP3 View Post

Hi guys,

The other day he saw the fiancé of a friend as she walked into the party and his jaw dropped. He told her wow you look so amazing you really look so amazing! I was really pissed off as I told him how am I supposed to feel? I didn’t illicit a reaction like this from him when I got ready and glammed up! What about his friends, none of them commented on her like that because all of their girls were there!

He doesn't sound shy to me, OP. He also doesn't sound like he tries to avoid conflicts.

Frankly, he sounds like he has issues of some kind. I don't think you're overthinking. It's no fun to be with someone, who makes you feel like you're second or third fiddle. It's weird that he can't control himself, and just blurts stuff out, or obsesses over someone's photos on social media.

Only you can decide what you can put up with, and what you can't. But usually, people look for a partner who thinks they're the cat's meow, and the feeling is mutual. You deserve that. Everyone does.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
One visit to the beautician will clear things up for you.

Go blond.
Where does that kind of advice stop, though? Should she get a boob job too? Lipo? Would that change his behavior around other women, anyway?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:26 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
What the hell is this? Â

I’ve seen the two dots from German (oomlow) but not this. Is that that Swedish or how the North Dakota people speak with their ooh’s and ahh’s?

Old 02-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
What the hell is this? Â

I’ve seen the two dots from German (oomlow) but not this. Is that that Swedish or how the North Dakota people speak with their ooh’s and ahh’s?
That's A with a circle on top, right? I think it's Norwegian. Maybe Swedish, too. OP's keyboard has issues, lol.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
he doesn't sound shy to me.... he's like a dog in heat....

if there was just one instance or maybe two...… id say you might be over reacting....but this guy seems like a real leg humper...when it comes to women..

and yes he has disrespected you many times..

speak your mind...loudly...… appeasement is the cancer of a relationship.... if you don't resentment will kick in.

there are boundaries in relationships.. he needs to grow up and respect you.... no women ive ever been with would put up with half that crap..... and just imagine what he hasn't told you ..or you haven't seen..

there are times in life...you need to choose...if you are a lioness.....or a hyena...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships