Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 07:06 PM

82 posts, read 77,822 times

Advertisements

I am a recently single guy, but have had a problem over the past 5 years or so.

Everytime I go out or go on vacation I cannot stop looking at and wondering what other woman are like (sexually and relationship wise), and even when I was with my ex-girlfriend I was the same way. I feel like I always want to try someone new or see what someone else is like, whether it's in CT or another state.

Dont know what to do, I see it as a problem with future relationships. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 07:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshaw130 View Post
I am a recently single guy, but have had a problem over the past 5 years or so.

Everytime I go out or go on vacation I cannot stop looking at and wondering what other woman are like (sexually and relationship wise), and even when I was with my ex-girlfriend I was the same way. I feel like I always want to try someone new or see what someone else is like, whether it's in CT or another state.

Dont know what to do, I see it as a problem with future relationships. Any advice?
Maybe monogamy isn’t for you.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:32 PM

82 posts, read 77,822 times
Problem is I want kids, I want a family (when the time is right obviously).

Old 02-09-2019, 07:32 PM

999 posts, read 553,211 times
Don't feel pressured to be in a relationship if you don't want to be. Just enjoy being single.

Either way, looking never hurt anyone. As long as you can control yourself and commit to one person, I don't see anything wrong with it. A lot of my exes and I would check out women (or dudes, I've dated a few bi guys) together! It's fun.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:43 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
When you find the right person you won't be looking at others....you'll only have eyes for her! lol Seriously though, if you're looking that means you're not satisfied with what you have, on some level.

So just date until you find her. If you force yourself to settle down too soon you won't have done yourself or her any favors when you start messing around, especially once kids are involved.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
When you find the right person you won't be looking at others....you'll only have eyes for her! lol Seriously though, if you're looking that means you're not satisfied with what you have, on some level.

So just date until you find her. If you force yourself to settle down too soon you won't have done yourself or her any favors when you start messing around, especially once kids are involved.
You never look at other guys?

Lies.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You never look at other guys?

Lies.
Do I "look" or do I LOOK? Noticing a guy is different than actively WANTING to ef another guy while you're looking (and all the time in between).

You can look at a woman and think she's hot without getting caught up in how you want to ef her and feeling bad that you can't but oh, you still want to and how bad is that and I better break up so I can.

Get the difference? Yeah, it's really subtle.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Do I "look" or do I LOOK? Noticing a guy is different than actively WANTING to ef another guy while you're looking (and all the time in between).

You can look at a woman and think she's hot without getting caught up in how you want to ef her and feeling bad that you can't but oh, you still want to and how bad is that and I better break up so I can.

Get the difference? Yeah, it's really subtle.
Ef that.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:26 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Finding women attractive isn't a character flaw. It means you're human. Acting on those impulses when you're in a committed relationship is the character flaw.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:37 AM

408 posts, read 430,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Finding women attractive isn't a character flaw. It means you're human. Acting on those impulses when you're in a committed relationship is the character flaw.
I agree. I think love is a choice; you might notice the other women (perfectly normal) but you choose whether you entertain those thoughts or focus on your partner. I think over time it may get easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships