Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:03 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadskeptic View Post
I think it would be important to know for the guy if you were about to sleep with him. He should know so he can be careful, gentle, and go slow and at your comfort level. He should do those things regardless, it's just good for him to know so he can be extra careful.

Beyond that, no, nobody needs to know. In fact, I think it would be good to keep that information to yourself so you don't get seen as a 'conquest'. I guess some guys consider it to be a feather in their cap to take a girls virginity, and you don't want someone pursuing you just for bragging rights.
Totally agree with this. Some guys will see it as a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 01:05 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica97 View Post
I've heard it's painful. Hopefully not too much.
Thank you for sharing your story. It's great your bf was patient and understandable.
Have a couple of drinks and you will be fine.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, most of the time I agree with you but not in this case. To me, you will always remember your first and you want it to be a good memory. Don't do it with someone who places no value on it at all.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people romanticize "the moment" too much. It puts way too much pressure on two human beings.

While I have my doubts about the authenticity of the OP, it's clear she's not going to just sleep with some random guy.

However, even if the stage is set for romance, it won't always be like a movie scene. It's often unfamiliar and awkward territory. If she builds herself up for a magical loving experience on clouds while birds are singing in the background then she's really going to be disappointed when her back hurts, he's leaning on her hair, and her vajayjay makes a funny noise.

Honestly, I don't even remember my very first time. I was with a boyfriend I loved, but it was not THE moment that mattered. I DO remember many more incredibly loving, sexy and romantic times when I connected with a partner once I'd become more sexually experienced than the time I lost my virginity.

Insisting that it has to be a big deal often only leads to disappointment.

Quote:
How will that help her remember the magic moment??

Old 05-23-2019, 10:15 PM

27 posts, read 16,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So, many of those are discretionary activities. It looks like you have chosen not to date.

Why?

Are you in the US? From the US? Did you go to college? Do you work?

Do you have siblings? How old were your parents when they had you ?
I'm from Maine, US but it's been 15 years since living in FL.

I'm currently in my 3rd year in business administration. My parents were in their mid 20's when they had me. I only got one sibling, a 17 year-old brother. I was thinking of trying an online dating site and will have my profile ready by tomorrow.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not too much of a drinker.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you waited this long, why not just wait til you are married or someone you see yourself marrying. Some men see a virgin as a challenge or bragging rights afterwards.

If anything, tell a dude, you are waiting until marriage and if they dont disappear, they might be the person you that cares about you and you would be willing to lose your virginity to, if if you arent waiting for marriage. Just dont let yourself be another notch on a dudes belt.
I understand your stance in trying to warn me about the creeps out there but I don't see marriage as a license to make love with your partner. Trust and connection would have already been established before someone gets engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I would not keep it a secret. Virgins are now very popular with some men. They dont want to marry a girl that is already "well known" in town.
That's fine. Though I wouldn't want to end up with someone that's only extra nice to me just because of my virginity. If I were in a long-term relationship and being a virgin is the only reason he finds me marriage material, then I would assume he must not be interested in my overall qualities and me as a person.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica97 View Post

I was thinking of trying an online dating site and will have my profile ready by tomorrow.
You’re 22 and living in Florida. And in college! You should be surrounded by guys. Has no one ever asked you out??

Old 05-24-2019, 05:07 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You’re 22 and living in Florida. And in college! You should be surrounded by guys. Has no one ever asked you out??
Good point. College is THE time to take advantage of coupling up with guys/gals. After that, it goes down considerably.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:54 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times
youve gotten some good advice so i'll just pop in that the correct terminology in this case is chaste.
a women can have sexual intercourse 100 times and still be a virgin so long as she doesnt get pregnant (obviously saying a man is a virgin would be like saying a chair is a virgin).

prior to modern medicine and medical procedures, a women usually only had 1-shot to have a baby (think julius ceasers mother -- c-section) therefore her virgin womb became valuable to men who wished to raise a warrior who can take his place if he died in battle.

there were no prenatal vitamins, epidural , ob/gyn's, maturnity wards/n.i.c.u.'s ... in those times.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post

prior to modern medicine and medical procedures, a women usually only had 1-shot to have a baby (think julius ceasers mother -- c-section) therefore her virgin womb became valuable to men who wished to raise a warrior who can take his place if he died in battle.

In what vintage stag mag did you read this BS? Lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships