Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:04 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
youve gotten some good advice so i'll just pop in that the correct terminology in this case is chaste.
a women can have sexual intercourse 100 times and still be a virgin so long as she doesnt get pregnant (obviously saying a man is a virgin would be like saying a chair is a virgin).

prior to modern medicine and medical procedures, a women usually only had 1-shot to have a baby (think julius ceasers mother -- c-section) therefore her virgin womb became valuable to men who wished to raise a warrior who can take his place if he died in battle.

there were no prenatal vitamins, epidural , ob/gyn's, maturnity wards/n.i.c.u.'s ... in those times.
?????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 04:20 PM

892 posts, read 484,708 times
it depends on the reason for asking.

you might ask "why do you need to know?"

if you don't feel comfortable answering, yr intuition might be telling you aren't ready for this kind of relationship.

is it important to you to answer this question? i would wonder why it was important to any
guy asking me, especially if it was more important info applied to me than him.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:32 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
youve gotten some good advice so i'll just pop in that the correct terminology in this case is chaste.
a women can have sexual intercourse 100 times and still be a virgin so long as she doesnt get pregnant (obviously saying a man is a virgin would be like saying a chair is a virgin).

prior to modern medicine and medical procedures, a women usually only had 1-shot to have a baby (think julius ceasers mother -- c-section) therefore her virgin womb became valuable to men who wished to raise a warrior who can take his place if he died in battle.

there were no prenatal vitamins, epidural , ob/gyn's, maturnity wards/n.i.c.u.'s ... in those times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

In what vintage stag mag did you read this BS? Lolol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
?????????
I'll join the confused group.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
This thread needs a pole.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
This thread needs a pole.
... with a pike on one end.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:09 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What have you been doing?
...why is that anyone's business and why does she have to justify it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you waited this long, why not just wait til you are married or someone you see yourself marrying. Some men see a virgin as a challenge or bragging rights afterwards.
Not everyone wants to get married at all. Not everyone wants to wait until they do get married.

A lot of judgment on this thread for someone else's life choices, which is not relevant to the question she asked.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

...why is that anyone's business and why does she have to justify it to you?
Because she said her "busy schedule" had kept her from dating, which frankly is not good news for someone her age. I wanted to know what a 22-year-old had been so busy with. It obviously didn't bother the OP to "justify" it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

A lot of judgment on this thread for someone else's life choices, which is not relevant to the question she asked.
That's what we do here. She ASKED about a life choice; we evaluate, which requires judgement, and offer suggestions.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica97 View Post
I'm a virgin at the age of 22 and it's unrelated to religion. I'm not really set on waiting till marriage either. However, I prefer to lose it in a relationship when I'm ready.

How important is that information for guys? Will he think it's weird or ask questions about it? I'm a reserved woman when it comes to sharing personal information. Or should I just go with the flow and only say it if he figures it out.

At some point it is, but only when you feel it's important to tell him. And if it's a dealbreaker for any guy, then that's not someone you should have sex with in the first place.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:53 PM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Holy Mackerel! 60+ replies and NOBODY has told the OP it is possible for a gynecologist to snip the hymen using a topical anesthetic. Back in the day, this was somewhat common procedure. Physically you’re not a virgin (and don’t have to worry about any pain) but in every other respect you are.

I think there is nothing wrong with waiting for the “right guy” to do the deed with instead of jumping into bed with the first clown who shows up. 46 years afterward, I have absolutely no regrets choosing who I did, and there had been several before that who COULD have been.

I wouldn’t be telling guys right off that you’re a virgin. Wait until you have decided he is the one, and tell him then.

My personal pain story....felt like I was being cut with a broken piece of glass.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You should tell him because it might hurt a little first. If the guy is not an insensitive jerk, and hopefully you have a good picker finger so he isn't, he needs to take it slow the first time and be careful. But don't advertise it. When the time is near, talk about it then.
+1. couples should generally talk about how often they have protected/unprotected sex, what sex acts they participate in, birth-control, how often s.t.d. testing, ... when they are about to be naked with someone new so that they can make decisions about if they want to engage in risky behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships