Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 08:28 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Because she said her "busy schedule" had kept her from dating, which frankly is not good news for someone her age. I wanted to know what a 22-year-old had been so busy with. It obviously didn't bother the OP to "justify" it to me.

That's what we do here. She ASKED about a life choice; we evaluate, which requires judgement, and offer suggestions.
And again, why is it your business why she has or had not had sex at a certain point? Or whether she is dating?

And no, she didn't ask about her life choice. She asked about whether she should disclose it to people she may date in future. She was not asking whether you approve of her sex life or her dating frequency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 09:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

And again, why is it your business why she has or had not had sex at a certain point? Or whether she is dating?
OP brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And no, she didn't ask about her life choice. She asked about whether she should disclose it to people she may date in future. She was not asking whether you approve of her sex life or her dating frequency.
I didn't offer approval or disapproval, Mom. Pick a fight somewhere else.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,572,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I'll join the confused group.
Greek Virginity — Giulia Sissa | Harvard University Press

the root of the word virgin mite be vert implying fertile green forest.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 05-25-2019 at 10:18 PM..

Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Sure... if that makes him feel better.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:39 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
My personal pain story....felt like I was being cut with a broken piece of glass.

Exactly!
It blows my mind that some women feel no pain at all. This is news to me!

Old 05-26-2019, 08:28 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I'll join the confused group.
I'm laughing at the idea that I'm a virgin because I've never been pregnant. That's...not right?

Old 05-26-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people romanticize "the moment" too much. It puts way too much pressure on two human beings.

While I have my doubts about the authenticity of the OP, it's clear she's not going to just sleep with some random guy.

However, even if the stage is set for romance, it won't always be like a movie scene. It's often unfamiliar and awkward territory. If she builds herself up for a magical loving experience on clouds while birds are singing in the background then she's really going to be disappointed when her back hurts, he's leaning on her hair, and her vajayjay makes a funny noise.

Honestly, I don't even remember my very first time. I was with a boyfriend I loved, but it was not THE moment that mattered. I DO remember many more incredibly loving, sexy and romantic times when I connected with a partner once I'd become more sexually experienced than the time I lost my virginity.

Insisting that it has to be a big deal often only leads to disappointment.

How will that help her remember the magic moment??
+1; its kinda' like your first roller-coaster ride. once youre tall enough to ride, your first time is memorable; but, after 25 years you wont remember the intricate details.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm laughing at the idea that I'm a virgin because I've never been pregnant. That's...not right?
+1;
o.p. got some good advice so i guess we can go on tangents. i was being kinda' obtuse based on something someone told me years ago. i was trying to research it but the only thing i found that was related was my #73 response above.

seems like somewhere in the last 1,000 years chaste ==> virgin.

somewhat related:
//www.city-data.com/forum/55265513-post212.html

Old 05-26-2019, 09:15 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right??

At least you can take comfort in knowing that you're still a "fertile green forest."

Old 07-01-2019, 07:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
By the time I got to my mid-late 20s, a virgin was a deal killer. I had no time for all the mind games.
So if a female is a virgin and/or, won't have sex with you, then she is "playing games"? How so? I don't see a game here.

And a non-virgin can refuse to have sex with someone. Just because she's had sex before, doesn't mean she's obligated to have it with every man out there who wants it.

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 07-01-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships