Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 PM

66 posts, read 39,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I will tell you my experience with younger guys and you can take it for what it's worth. I did some online dating before I got married and I found younger guys to be interested in someone who would pay their way. And when he says YOU plan the date, that's the red flag I see.
So far every younger guy I have been with paid for a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying_to_easy View Post
So far every younger guy I have been with paid for a date.
Just because they paid for one or two dates, doesn't mean my point isn't valid. Often people trying to scam others will put on a good front in the beginning to hook the person.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:25 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Whatever site you're matched on just reach out to him and give him your new #. He'll call you when he wants if at all.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:49 AM

669 posts, read 320,895 times
Seriously, the younger one is from 36, the more 'ditzy' they become with IM. Best to just complete cut it.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Just because they paid for one or two dates, doesn't mean my point isn't valid. Often people trying to scam others will put on a good front in the beginning to hook the person.
I don’t think that is the case. I don’t know who you dated but men I date know I’m a single mother working two jobs and lots off bills to pay. I’m not on wellfare but I’m not in a position to be sugar mama.

What makes you think women are so easy to be hooked on some hunk?

Old 05-22-2019, 01:13 AM

Ok, so he Did reply. He apologized, said anything works for going out.
I still didn’t get to change my number but tomorrow have to.
My other date was nice but different personality. Will see how it goes. I liked him as well but don’t have that much in common.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:41 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Ok, so he Did reply. He apologized, said anything works for going out.
I still didn’t get to change my number but tomorrow have to.
My other date was nice but different personality. Will see how it goes. I liked him as well but don’t have that much in common.

I was just going to say that you're moving too fast, period. Now you're dating somebody else? Does he know? Perhaps he sensed that and backed off and is subtly letting you know.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
We talked about soccer and music mostly. Also our dating preferences. We both agreed age difference is ok and we said we want something meaningful not a fling or a hookup. He planned first date in a very forward way. Like this place and this time. I already made a reservation. I mostly date much younger guys and this is not a typical behavior. Its way more casual.
The bold part is where it went south.

A young guy has no desire to play a game with no cookie at the end.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:28 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I think a concert would be a great date. However, this guy has a few strikes against him -- wants you to plan the date...unresponsive...this is too much effort for a woman in her 30s. Don't waste time on him, there are guys out there who will make a better effort and those are the ones you should expend energy on. NEXT!
Depending on where you live there may not be any concerts or even local bands on the typical Friday night/weekend and it IS a very risky date. They BOTH might end up hating the music and it's doubtful you'll be able to talk much and get to know each other more - about as bad as a movie date when you are very first dating and potentially a whole lot more expensive. Better to plan another activity.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:54 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
I don’t think that is the case. I don’t know who you dated but men I date know I’m a single mother working two jobs and lots off bills to pay. I’m not on wellfare but I’m not in a position to be sugar mama.

What makes you think women are so easy to be hooked on some hunk?
What? You’re a single mother working two jobs with lots of bills to pay?
I can’t imagine having the time or energy to go out...and worrying about not being able to talk to someone 3 days later so you find someone else?
Not only that but when I go out to meet a guy I’m in the position to expect to pay my own way, if he declines and pays for both of us, I have cash to leave a tip. The majority of the time I have left at least a good tip, but I don’t go out for free dinners...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships