Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:26 AM

66 posts, read 39,511 times

Advertisements

Feel kinda confused and not for the first time.
Met a guy online about 18 months ago. Our chats where pretty good, we had similar interests. There is a bigger age difference between us but turns out he likes to date older women. I’m in mid 30s.

After our lengthy exchange I got sick of being pen pals and unmatched him. Fast forward now and we rematched. He knew why I ended it before and said let’s just go out.

So we go out and it was great. Short but very nice and lots off initial chemistry.
He texts back the very next day. Seems very interested but wants me to plan our next date. I asked him what he likes to do. We haven’t really talked about it on a date. I know he likes concerts but wouldn’t it be a bit much to plan going on a concert on a second date?

Anyways he never replied back and this was in Friday. Not sure should I try one more time or just let it go? He could have met another woman on Fri and just liked her more.

To make things worse I have to change my phone number. I should have done it over the weekend but didn’t. My former boss said I need to get that done ASAP. So I could contact him just to give him new number but might not be worth an effort.

Have a date with another guy but can’t even get excited when I feel it will all go to south sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 09:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying_to_easy View Post
Feel kinda confused and not for the first time.
Met a guy online about 18 months ago. Our chats where pretty good, we had similar interests. There is a bigger age difference between us but turns out he likes to date older women. I’m in mid 30s.

After our lengthy exchange I got sick of being pen pals and unmatched him. Fast forward now and we rematched. He knew why I ended it before and said let’s just go out.

So we go out and it was great. Short but very nice and lots off initial chemistry.
He texts back the very next day. Seems very interested but wants me to plan our next date. I asked him what he likes to do. We haven’t really talked about it on a date. I know he likes concerts but wouldn’t it be a bit much to plan going on a concert on a second date?

Anyways he never replied back and this was in Friday. Not sure should I try one more time or just let it go? He could have met another woman on Fri and just liked her more.

To make things worse I have to change my phone number. I should have done it over the weekend but didn’t. My former boss said I need to get that done ASAP. So I could contact him just to give him new number but might not be worth an effort.

Have a date with another guy but can’t even get excited when I feel it will all go to south sooner or later.
When he tells you to plan the date, just plan the date. Think of something YOU like to do and invite him along. If you don't even have that much in common, it wasn't meant to be.

This stage is hard. Just keep trying if you think there's enough there to work with, and yes, use the phone number switch as a reason to contact him again with a SPECIFIC date planned in mind.

Do not do that whole, "I don't know. What do YOU wanna do?" thing.

How old are you two?

Old 05-20-2019, 09:33 AM

100 posts, read 48,133 times
Maybe he did meet another woman. Or maybe he just got really busy with work, family, etc. You have no way of knowing. It doesn't much matter, really. You have one date and a few chats invested in the guy. Shoot him your new number and then leave it at that. If he reaches out, cool. If not, you'll know for sure that, for whatever reason, he's not interested and you can focus on the future without him occupying space in your head.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 PM

I’m 33 and he is 25.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:13 PM

7,038 posts, read 6,288,650 times
Since it's finally becoming spring, when you text him your new number, you can add something like, I am planning on celebrating the arrival of spring with an outside lunch. Maybe a picnic. If you're interested in coming along let me know.

I'm assuming there is some sort of park or lake close to you. If there isn't, that might not work.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:15 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,764 times
I would not have liked him telling me to plan the date. Why not discuss and plan the date together?
Why didn't he plan the date and discuss with you? You mentioned that you didn't discuss each other's interests. What was the messaging and talk about on the first date? Maybe there was chemistry, but he is not showing interest. Enjoy your new date.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:29 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
I will tell you my experience with younger guys and you can take it for what it's worth. I did some online dating before I got married and I found younger guys to be interested in someone who would pay their way. And when he says YOU plan the date, that's the red flag I see.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:29 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,071 times
I think a concert would be a great date. However, this guy has a few strikes against him -- wants you to plan the date...unresponsive...this is too much effort for a woman in her 30s. Don't waste time on him, there are guys out there who will make a better effort and those are the ones you should expend energy on. NEXT!

Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM

We talked about soccer and music mostly. Also our dating preferences. We both agreed age difference is ok and we said we want something meaningful not a fling or a hookup. He planned first date in a very forward way. Like this place and this time. I already made a reservation. I mostly date much younger guys and this is not a typical behavior. Its way more casual.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
I would just text him "hey, this is my new number. Are we still on for Friday?" What do you have to lose?

Why are you into younger guys in general??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships