Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:34 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Like I said before, wasnt being rude, it was a conversation with folks I have worked with for years and we could talk about relationships. We just random asked one day what do you hav to offer a guy other than sex. Some got pissed an others had answers. We werent on a date and I asked them this.
It is pretty rude, dude. You asked a question with the presumption that most woman are only good for sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 11:23 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It is pretty rude, dude. You asked a question with the presumption that most woman are only good for sex.
Right. It is presumed because he doesn't seem to acknowledge the question could be asked without regard to gender. What does anyone have to offer one who thinks just sex can be made into a relationship?

Do the friendships with his male friends include sex as well, or what good are those relationships to the asker of this question?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:25 AM

651 posts, read 407,884 times
I don’t see any hidden meaning in “good girl”. Manspeak or otherwise, lol ��

Old 05-28-2019, 01:44 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
This culture of taking offense to everything is a bit tiresome. I just don’t GAF and it’s almost like people have forgotten what real problems are. When we have another depression, war, or plague all of these cultural sensitivities will be put much more into perspective.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:56 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
They actually want to keep their guy happy and go out their way to do things for their guy, and when I ask them what do they have to offer other than sex, they can actually give a list of reasons of what they have to offer a man in a relationship. Its crazy when I ask alot of females of what they have to offer a guy and they have nothing to say than, he is supposed to be pursuing me, what do you mean, what do I have to offer.
That's hilarious.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:01 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Probably in direct opposite of bad girl. Would it be better if it were phrased, "good person"?
Some guys would think a bad girl.... is a good girl.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post

When we have another depression, war, or plague all of these cultural sensitivities will be put much more into perspective.
Now THAT is something we call all look forward to.

I can't wait till the OP gets off work and sees what a hellhole her thread has become.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:11 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Oh, jeez, i'm a librarian, for heaven's sake. So some guys seem to think that means I have this wholesome exterior and when alone my kinky side comes out. No pressure there! I don't think that the stereotype is appropriate or funny and therefore the role is uncomfortable for me. Yes, I get 'good girl' sometimes, I probably am a 'girl next door type'. I find it a big turn off to be labeled as such in advance because it does make me feel I have to perform up to some standard they carry in their head. I'm way more complex and layered than a dumb meme.

I met a 50 year old man a few years back who'd never had a woman on top! He was totally surprised and enjoyed the result. So I must have seemed like a wild girl to him. Another guy in that same era wanted something that was physically awkward for me, and decided from my reluctance that I wasn't kinky enough. I was just afraid of injury so it wasn't at all pleasurable to me.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No.

No one was ever rude enough to ask that of me. It wasn't necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You must like getting laughed at. Any woman with a modicum of self esteem and any intelligence whatsoever would laugh her behind off at anyone that would dare to be so rude and crude.

Re the OP, it is all about context.
Right!? I would have "next..." any guy who said "good girl" if it was used in the context I suspect. Non-starter.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:39 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
For me using that phrases or term would be in the context of the woman being a good catch, or being great to bring home to meet dear ol Ma.

That how I'd think of using that term or phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships