Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You've been accused of being gay and had attempts to glass you in the back of the head in a doctor's office waiting room? How come we haven't seen you on Jerry Springer?
No. I have been catcalled and approached by strange women.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:38 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Wow, ten pages on some guy's fantasy?

Hey OP, isn't it time for your D & D meeting?

Old 06-05-2019, 08:48 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
No. I have been catcalled and approached by strange women.
And who hasn’t at some time? I mean I can definitely relate, as a woman, but when that happens I pay no attention and look straight ahead, and keep on moving. It certainly didn’t affect the way I felt about myself. My reaction of “turning them down” in no way made me feel I had “sacrificed my dignity and self respect”? ... I just thought: “what a bunch of buffoons acting like wild animals.” To come here and comment and argue for 30+ posts in a couple of days, instead of merely carrying on, and instead blame my neurosis on awful men in America clawing after me, would seem a bit ill.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:55 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And who hasn’t at some time? I mean I can definitely relate, as a woman, but when that happens I pay no attention and look straight ahead, and keep on moving. It certainly didn’t affect the way I felt about myself. My reaction of “turning them down” in no way made me feel I had “sacrificed my dignity and self respect”? ... I just thought: “what a bunch of buffoons acting like wild animals.” To come here and comment and argue for 30+ posts in a couple of days, instead of merely carrying on, and instead blame my neurosis on awful men in America clawing after me, would seem a bit ill.
And you can probably give a specific example or two when asked rather than deflecting questions about your experience with accusations of gender discrimination and regional prejudice.

That's the problem with these dudes who come here to mess with us--they come up with a plausible enough situation, but then they haven't created enough of a story to back it up.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,787 times
Quote:
And who hasn’t at some time?
We’re out there.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:14 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Some people, men and women, don't take rejection well. All you can do is ignore them and if they get violent protect yourself and get away from them.

I have heard of Australian women being particularly aggressive, I think there was even a name for them which I cannot recall. So I believe OP but I still don't get the extent of it or how it happens, especially in a place like a doctor's office waiting room. These things often happen in bars though.

There is the snowflake factor, I'm surprised at how little tolerance people have with socializing now. If a man annoyed us at the bar we would usually put up with it not see it as an offense, and if he got mad and called us names (like the ubiquitous "lesbians") we just laughed and went on with our night. It's not like it affects our feelings, lol.

A few years ago I tried to talk to a man at a concert because we had the same band t-shirt on and he seemed to get very offended I dared to even notice his shirt. Whatever.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
We’re out there.
If you feel you're missing out, or would like to "sacrifice your dignity in some perverse way" and can't make it happen "on the outside", I suggest you get a job at a prison or state facility.
This will not make your life complete, but apparently it's a great humble brag.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And you can probably give a specific example or two when asked rather than deflecting questions about your experience with accusations of gender discrimination and regional prejudice.

That's the problem with these dudes who come here to mess with us--they come up with a plausible enough situation, but then they haven't created enough of a story to back it up.
They have to get the details fleshed out in the OP. There is no honing of the craft after the credits roll, or FAIL. It should be a sticky.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:57 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian_guy View Post
Yes being accused of being in the wrong because I'm a guy is demeaning
It's not because you're a guy; it's because your claim is ridiculous. In what way does rejecting an interested stranger require you to sacrifice your dignity and self-respect? Oh, it doesn't.

But if you regularly experience women becoming angry when you reject them, perhaps you might consider HOW you are going about it? Is it at all possible that you aren't being very gracious?

Old 06-05-2019, 10:26 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
They have to get the details fleshed out in the OP. There is no honing of the craft after the credits roll, or FAIL. It should be a sticky.
He says he gave examples, but they are still sketchy. Why not offer some detailed accounts of what exactly happened, so we can actually consider it and maybe offer some relevant advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships