Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,217 times

Advertisements

VENTING as well, I will give the facts and not have them amplified. As much as I want to throw daggers I want you to read this fair-minded.

I met my fiance, Brian, 6 years ago (2013). When I met him I lived in a different state. I was introduced to him by my sisters husband. (they work together and are best friends). When I would come to my hometown to visit we would hang out. He told me he was separated, and had been for 6 almost 7 years. He told me he got married in 1999. She had already had a 6 month old baby then they had 3 more children together. The youngest is 17 and is graduating high school tonight. He didn't share to much about about what had happened between them but found out from his mom, that his wife met someone else and told Brian to leave. One week later the new boyfriend moved in. So my fiance moved in with his parents in 2008. Well when I first was coming to visit him we would hang out at my sisters he would bring his daughter she was 11 when I met her, we got along great, went to get our nails done, she bought me a necklace and was constantly saying please be my daddys girlfriend, he needs someone he is always sad etc etc. I was like whoa calm down, almost scared me away lol at that moment in time the last thing i wanted was to be in a serious relationship. Lord and behold we kind of fell in love and were inseparable, he flew me into town every weekend, I have 2 kids of my own they were 9 and 14 at the time, and he would fly us all back and forth. 2 years of this long distant relationship finally changed when I decided it was time we took this further. Meanwhile we had been talking and it was time he filed for divorce. I knew he had still been paying all her bills, utilities, car notes, cell phone bills groceries, etc. But it wasn't my place to dictate him, or his finances. When he filed for divorce and she got the paperwork, he had also asked her to please start finding a way to pay for her own stuff and pay the mortgage etc etc and he would no longer be paying for anything, he would give her child support, just let him know what was fair. She did not like what was going on, she told her children that because of me they would soon be living on the streets and have nothing to eat. That He is choosing another woman over taking care of them, his daughter called his mom crying saying that their mom said they would soon be homeless because of me. ANd that her dad wont love her anymore because he met me. So as of then (2015) when he filed for divorce and we moved in together, his kids stopped calling him, stopped talking to him, they wouldnt return his calls, she did not let them see him, unless they happen to be at his moms house and he sees them there.She constantly texted him saying we need new beds your children need towels they need shoes they need pots and pans etc etc. He would ask how much and she wouldnt reply. She filed for child support and tells judge that he spends no time with them that he is absent in their life. She failed to tell them why they havent seen him. And that he constantly tries to but they refuse or better yet she refuses for them. She bad mouths me to his parents and kids. So she gets a child support order of 4,400 dollars a month for the 3 kids. Plus 600 alimony. This whole time the kids wont visit even though the court ordered for him to have his kids every other weekend. They refused and he didn't want to force them. So as time went on things got worse, they were alienated from him and his mom keeps talking to her because she said they would not see them either if they were on my side. Mind you since 2015 she has sent ugly text messages to me and him about anything she can think of. We just ignore her. She has managed to become buddies with my exe's new wife and they are good friends now. What better two people against me than my fiances ex wife and my exes new wife. Wow Any hoot, moving along, Brian mind you gives his kids anything they ask for, when they ask for it, which is the only time they reach out, is to ask for things, and they even tell Brian they are not allowed to like me or they will be on her bad side. All these years I have tried to small talk with them as they got older and came around 2 times a year, one for christmas to get their gifts we get them, and their birthday to get their birthday money.

His divorce is not even final yet she wont sign off on anything until the last minute, she postpones court dates etc etc.

All these years have past and I have not had the opportunity to be alone with his daughter to ask her why she no longer liked me anymore when i moved down, since we had been close at one point. in 4 years she was around me for 3 hours total adding all the little minutes from christmas thanksgiving funerals etc. Ok so here is the reason i started this post, my fiance wants me to join him for her graduation tonight. She is graduating high school, and told him not to bring me. Should i go or not?