Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 12:33 PM

6,453 posts, read 3,973,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
Do you take your girl date to the shopping mall?

Yay or nay ?

Will it hurt my wallet ?
Why would you? Are you going on a dinner date to the food court or something? Is there a movie theater in the mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 10:27 AM

161 posts, read 102,322 times
As a woman I'd hate to visit a shopping mall on a date. I dislike shopping and would be quite embarrassed if a man wanted to buy me clothes or other items while dating.

If it were me, personally I'd make it clear that I dislike shopping and going into shops

Old 06-16-2019, 02:57 PM

17,686 posts, read 9,168,053 times
I think this thread has been misinterpreted by many of the people that replied.

I get the feeling that the OP's date asked him to take her to the mall to go shopping, and I believe the OP is asking...

If he agrees to take her, is he then expected to pay for the stuff she wants to buy at the mall?

If that's correct, it's an interesting question.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:54 PM

161 posts, read 102,322 times
If he is expected to buy stuff for his date on a trip to the mall, it might be a good way of weeding out an overly materialistic/greedy person.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:21 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,373,044 times
A date is just an excuse to spend time together. Nobody cares what you do on the date, The important thing is that you spend 4 or 5 hours together talking.

Most of my dates included a motorcycle ride somewhere and a walk on a beach or in a park or through a shopping mall. My dates would include a meal, maybe some dancing and definitely some drinks.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:30 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
A date is just an excuse to spend time together. Nobody cares what you do on the date, The important thing is that you spend 4 or 5 hours together talking.

Most of my dates included a motorcycle ride somewhere and a walk on a beach or in a park or through a shopping mall. My dates would include a meal, maybe some dancing and definitely some drinks.
Yep

maybe take the boat out
maybe the kayak
maybe the side by side and mts
maybe the beach cruisers and the board walk
maybe an RV ride up the coast
maybe a mt bike ride
maybe a hike
maybe a mall crawl with some bowling/ice skating
maybe watching a movie and getting tangled up
maybe sitting on a towel at the beach just getting to know each other better

All that matters is that you have some fun. There are a ton of stuff to do that cost nothing.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:31 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony86 View Post
If he is expected to buy stuff for his date on a trip to the mall, it might be a good way of weeding out an overly materialistic/greedy person.
This plus 100

Old 06-16-2019, 08:59 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,715 times
Hell no.

Shopping malls are places for girlfriends to go to have alone time/time with their friends outside of home.

My equivalent is the gym. Me, Iron, music. That's it.

Shopping malls are also hell on earth. I am in and out like a covert strike team with their boots smeared in napalm and on fire. When i need something I can't get anywhere but the mall like certain clothing items I go straight for that item, right before closing when the lines are short, and out as fast as possible so I can breathe in relief and hopefully not have to go shopping for clothes for a couple of months.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Hell no.

Shopping malls are places for girlfriends to go to have alone time/time with their friends outside of home.

My equivalent is the gym. Me, Iron, music. That's it.

Shopping malls are also hell on earth. I am in and out like a covert strike team with their boots smeared in napalm and on fire. When i need something I can't get anywhere but the mall like certain clothing items I go straight for that item, right before closing when the lines are short, and out as fast as possible so I can breathe in relief and hopefully not have to go shopping for clothes for a couple of months.
Ideally, Black Sabbath's "Iron Man."

Old 06-16-2019, 09:22 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Ideally, Black Sabbath's "Iron Man."
That is actually on my gym playlist :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships