Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Awww...bad weekend onihC? Clearly you have a problem with women, it's obvious in all of your responses
You had to throw that in there because I hit a nerve. I could say you respond the way you do because you like to freeload off men but throwing jabs here and there doesn’t really add anything to someone’s opinion.

Quote:
I went out for drinks on Thursday. The bill came. Before I could look at it, the man took it. within seconds. He then got his wallet out. I said: "I can pay for drinks." He said: "No I'm paying, I invited you." Should I have elbowed him in the ribs to see if he dropped the check, then picked it up shouting: "I AM AN EMPOWERED INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO WILL NOT ALLOW THIS SORT OF ACTION TO TAKE PLACE!" No, and if I decide to pay for any man or woman's drinks and they wouldn't allow it, I would be offended as well. It's a sign of generosity that you don't understand. Man or woman.
A generosity women like you don’t offer because “men beat us to it”.

Quote:
As indicated previously, you must not have much experience with this kind of thing, or perhaps its a coincidence that all women YOU encounter are entitled, game playing gold-diggers, either way, this would be something that comes back to you and whatever you're doing to attract these kind of people. Quit putting words in poster's mouths like a troll.
Calling me a troll when you are the one that starts with “had a bad weekend”. Like I have said before, its cultural differences, that’s all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Who says I feel entitled? Look, I offer to pay for half, or pay for the drinks, or leave the tip if he pays, etc., to keep it simple. I never order anything expensive on a first meet up and certainly not more than what the man orders. I just keep it rather casual, as I have stated before. So you can stop it with the entitlement crap. You are just overthinking this whole thing, in my opinion. Not all women are evil or bad or trying to gain something by going out on a date.
We can agree to disagree You continue to do what the best solution is for you and I will do what I feel works for me. Hasn't failed me yet!
There is a difference between “offering” and actually doing it. Men paying for your expenses hasn’t failed you or any other woman. As a woman you can get away with these things. More power to you. Like you said, it works and benefits you so why not. While you like men to do all those things for you I like things to revolve around both of us not just her. You do what works for you and many women and I do what works for me and the women I have dated even though its not a common thing in western culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Someone once said to me it is just fair the man pays because women - buy a nice dress for the date, spend a lot of time getting ready, pay for manicure and pedicure, the make up, the brazilian wax, eye brow trim, maybe get the hair done, and usually earn less at their job.
While he wears clothes he always wears ... and maybe shaves.
Why would a woman get a Brazilian wax for a date specially the first ones?

Whoever said that, not you, is finding excuses to be cheap and live off men. If we are going that route you can tell that person that men can add expenses such as the cost of the car he drives, the insurance he pays for it, the gas, the carwash and wax, the designer shoes he wears, the clothes he bought, the haircut he got, the shampoo he used, etc. sounds silly, doesn’t it?

It's two people who want to spend time with each other and know each other. Why saddle the expenses to the guy?

Last edited by onihC; 06-19-2019 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-19-2019, 10:06 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,809,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
LOL... I don't do anything like that. It's a first date, not a fairytale ball. Who the hell buys new clothes every time they have a date? That would sure get expensive fast.

I try to just look cute, clean, and nice--like I do in everyday life. Sure I might get all dolled up for some special event or something but not your average date.
Thank you. I don’t think I’ve ever gone on a date with a woman who wore an obviously new dress or clearly had her down just for the occasion. I think the most extensive preparation a woman has done for me was when I met up with my Northern KY crush wore her hair down when 99% of the time she wore it in a ponytail (which I never minded.)

Old 06-19-2019, 10:14 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

It's two people who want to spend time with each other and know each other. Why saddle the expenses to the guy?
I go one step further - what is this obsession of people always having to eat on a first date? It lacks creativity. Is it still back from times where men wanted to prove they can provide?

You meet in a restaurant, spend the beginning looking at the menu. Then you have 20 minutes to actually talk, then you watch each other chew, then the bill is already at the table and you are rushed to leave. You still smell like food and have maybe food stuck in your teeth ... not really romantic.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
Quote:
I go one step further - what is this obsession of people always having to eat on a first date? It lacks creativity. Is it still back from times where men wanted to prove they can provide?

You meet in a restaurant, spend the beginning looking at the menu. Then you have 20 minutes to actually talk, then you watch each other chew, then the bill is already at the table and you are rushed to leave. You still smell like food and have maybe food stuck in your teeth ... not really romantic.
I'm tired of eating being everyone's social go-to.
It's lame and boring.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
T

Whoever said that, not you, is finding excuses to be cheap and live off men. If we are going that route you can tell that person that men can add expenses such as the cost of the car he drives, the insurance he pays for it, the gas, the carwash and wax, the designer shoes he wears, the clothes he bought, the haircut he got, the shampoo he used, etc. sounds silly, doesn’t it?

Um. The guy is doing all those things specifically for the woman?
That's kind of losery, isn't it?

The brazilian wax is for one thing and one thing only.

Your counter-example is ridiculous on its face, bc the guy does all those things just to live.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Like I have said before, its cultural differences, that’s all.
If this is all just cultural differences that you're perfectly fine about, why is it that the only time you ever post on this forum is to shame women for accepting a man paying for their dates?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Good question as there are other ways people can engage in conversation and a fun activity rather than just going for dinner. That last part about food being stuck in the teeth got me .

Cheers!

Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um. The guy is doing all those things specifically for the woman?
That's kind of losery, isn't it?
The brazilian wax is for one thing and one thing only.
Your counter-example is ridiculous on its face, bc the guy does all those things just to live.
There you go. You can now see how silly it is for women to say they spend so much money on beauty products and use that excuse to leech off men. That’s why I mentioned the expenses men also have to go through if we are going to use that excuse to be cheap. As for the Brazilian wax for the first date, well, sure, there are women who go for it since the first date I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If this is all just cultural differences that you're perfectly fine about, why is it that the only time you ever post on this forum is to shame women for accepting a man paying for their dates?
Don’t confuse “shame” with pointing out how contradicting women can be with this topic.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
There you go. You can now see how silly it is for women to say they spend so much money on beauty products and use that excuse to leech off men. That’s why I mentioned the expenses men also have to go through if we are going to use that excuse to be cheap. As for the Brazilian wax for the first date, well, sure, there are women who go for it since the first date I guess.

[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

Don’tconfuse “shame” with pointing out how contradicting women can be with thistopic.

[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
Ok.
You like literally either make no sense or missed the whole point.

Whether or not a man is on a date, he needs a car, insurance, shoes, and clothes. So he is NOT doing this for the woman. He is doing this no matter what.
A woman gets a brazilian pretty much ONLY to be with a guy.
So your example makes zero sense.

And yes.
SOME women can use guys for money.
SOME men expect sex if they spend $20 on you.
SOME people can do anything for whatever reasons.
But there is no actual point being made. MOST people are fairly reasonable and not giant users (for sex or money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships