Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:54 AM

1,593 posts, read 770,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Since we all assumed the person wanting to play video games after sex was the guy, I think many of us will be surprised to learn that:
  • 46% of gamers are female.
  • There are more adult women gamers than teenage boy gamers.
I just heard this info on the news as they were covering the E3 Expo in Los Angeles.

I tend to think that those stats are inflated by lighter fare like mobile phone games. I wouldn't think that more adult women than teenage boys go home, fire up the PS4, and settle in for a long session of Overwatch.

Which begs the question, what did everyone have in mind here...someone reaching for the controller after sex, or someone reaching for their phone and playing Words With Friends after sex? I'm not saying that the former can't be the woman in question here. Still, I wonder...what kind of game did she play, on what type of system?

Is there a difference between going over to the PC and essentially isolating yourself from the world by playing an immersive game, and picking up your phone and playing something much lighter and easier to interrupt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 11:56 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,209,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
I tend to think that those stats are inflated by lighter fare like mobile phone games. I wouldn't think that more adult women than teenage boys go home, fire up the PS4, and settle in for a long session of Overwatch.

Which begs the question, what did everyone have in mind here...someone reaching for the controller after sex, or someone reaching for their phone and playing Words With Friends after sex? I'm not saying that the former can't be the woman in question here. Still, I wonder...what kind of game did she play, on what type of system?

Is there a difference between going over to the PC and essentially isolating yourself from the world by playing an immersive game, and picking up your phone and playing something much lighter and easier to interrupt?
Agreed. I just don't see it, either.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 PM

583 posts, read 706,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
"Disrespected". What a drama king. That would get a major eyeroll from me.

But...maybe you can compromise a little? Wait a few more minutes? Invite him to play? It definitely shouldn't be a situation where you have to do exactly what he wants after sex lest he get his feelings hurt. But this may be a good situation for compromise.
I agree. He goes to sleep a lot though after we are done, and me, I need some time to get tired because I am not necessarily tired afterwards. I do cuddle with him for sometime though until he does get tired enough to want to go to sleep. Which is why I don't understand what the deal is. I have talked to him about it and he says it feels like we're not connected sometimes because I decide to want to play video games for 20-30 minutes max before I finally get sleepy.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM

583 posts, read 706,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Do you care about him? Care about his happiness? You can't wait 10 minutes to talk to him, or cuddle, or wait until he goes to sleep, or whatever it is that he wants to do after sex? He's told you he is unhappy.

Your computer will still be there in 10 minutes. You put your game on hold, it will stay on hold until you get back. It doesn't run away like an untrained horse if you don't have a hand on the controller.

Your guy wants to feel like you think he is important. Not, "whew, glad that is finally over, now back immediately to the important stuff". Invest a few minutes in the relationship before you get back to what really matters to you.
I do wait until he is ready to go to sleep. I am not sleepy when he's sleepy and sometimes video games help me get sleepy which takes approximately 20-30 minutes. I have explained this to him.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,272,181 times
I never understood why Video games are such a problem to some people.

A lot of women are gamers (including the one I'm married to), but I'm seeing that it's only a problem if men do it

Old 06-12-2019, 07:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,338,494 times
I'm a gamer and I can't see myself jumping out of bed, immediately post-coital, to play video games. I like to snuggle for a bit and then fall asleep. But if I had spare time to play, maybe after a bit of pillow talk and cuddling. I think my husband would feel a little bummed if I just hopped out of bed right after to do some other activity.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:58 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,528,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
i'm imagining naked sessions of pokemon go.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:17 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,504,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
Its nighttime and you and your significant other just got done having sex. Would you consider it to be disrespectful if your significant other started playing video games after having sex with you or you wouldn't think it to be a big deal?

It doesn't matter what I feel or think the only one that can answer that question is your lover.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships