Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 11:45 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
Seriously when we've been in a relationship for 5 years?

When he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to kiss me on the lips? When he wants to hold me in bed every night? When he tells me that he loves me every day?

Where would he be going that would be so important that he would leave me and his baby behind?

I know you may be right, but at the same time I don't know of the reality would play ou like this

Married and otherwise committed men leave their children every day. Probably a good many of them were never as clear as Alex has been about not wanting this baby in the first place.

I suspect you have a romanticized picture in your head about what it is like to care for an infant. Yes, they are cute. They are also very demanding and require care around the clock; even if you are exhausted, or sick, or desperate for 10 minutes to yourself to shower and dress.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:47 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:

When he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to kiss me on the lips? When he wants to hold me in bed every night? When he tells me that he loves me every day?

Where would he be going that would be so important that he would leave me and his baby behind?

I know you may be right, but at the same time I don't know of the reality would play ou like this

He is using you for his own pleasure, (sex) nothing more, it is not love. He will not stick around for the baby, adoption does seem like the best choice. Hugs.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:

This is just delusional. Where would he go? Hmm....where did he go without you in the past?

What would he do--what's he done in the past.

People told you before--you refuse to understand--you're a convenience for him--a warm bed and regular sex. Seriously, didn't he try to break up with you last year?

I've known teenagers far more prepared to be a parent.

I'm out.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:05 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,665 times
YO.........Why buy the cow if you get the milk free?

Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
YO.........Why buy the cow if you get the milk free?
Welcome to 2019...so happy you could make it!

Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
.........i don't think i could do that to him. i don't think i could choose the baby over him and his hapiness........

And why not? He puts his own happiness above yours.

An abortion is your own private decision and the only thing you should be considering is your own feelings about it.

If you don't want the abortion and he "forces" you to have one, there will probably be enough resentment fallout to sink the relationship, anyway. Having an abortion is no guarantee that he will stick around forever.

Your decision. You make it for yourself. He already had his opportunity to not cause a child and his say in the matter has already passed.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:26 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
i'm 7 weeks pregnant

my boyfriend wants me to get an abortion, he said that we can't even consider having the baby and that it isn't a consideration.

i've been with my boyfriend for 5 years now. there have been many times when ive thought about us having a family. its only natural when we've been together for what feels like so long.

i'm in pieces.

my doctors appointment is booked for monday. from there, i will probably be referred to an abortion clinic. i'm worried about if ill be able to go through with the abortion. my boyfriend is joining me for the doctors appointment.

i want the baby, but i can't consider having it if my boyfriend so clearly doesn't want it and that id be going against him. i don't think i could do that to him. i don't think i could choose the baby over him and his hapiness.

i felt shocked but happy when i found out i was pregnant. i feel a strong maternal instinct and i honestly feel like a mum already. i want my baby. im rooting for him/her

i will be devastated after the abortion

i'm only doing it because my boyfriend thinks the baby isn't a consideration and hes told me that we cant even consider having it. i;m scared he'd leave me because he was feeling trapped or i'd lose the baby and then he'd break up with me. i don't know. i don't know if he would leave me if theres a baby involved but it feels so wrong of me to force this and put him in that sort of position and make the decision to have our baby by myself

im feeling terribly resentful and not at peace

i'm 26 years old and the baby would be due on january 23

we have some time to prepare and go travelling (my boyfriend really wants to do more travelling)

please help

how can i go through with the pregnancy?
my boyfriend would probably leave me and it'd be like another break up. he'd probably never forgive me and it would put such a strain on our relationship

i don't know what would happen once the baby got here

maybe it'd be like the best thing that ever happened to us and all would be forgotten

Moderator note: People, please do not turn this thread into a discussion about birth control methods. Stay on topic. Off-topic posts have been deleted.

If you want the baby, have the baby. At this point, it's not your boyfriend's decision.

If your boyfriend wanted to be a permanent adolescent, then he should have taken precautions.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:30 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
What about adoption ?

100% agree

Old 06-17-2019, 12:36 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'm a 67 year old mother and grandmother who has a lot of life experiences. I have read several of your threads. This is what I truly believe with happen, so be prepared.

Would I have to choose the baby's name on my own? Yes.
Will I be shopping for all of the things the baby needs on my own? Yes. Not just shopping for everything but paying for everything
Will I be giving birth without Alex there?Yes.
Will I spend the first few days with the baby without Alex being there after I take the baby home from the hospital? Yes. And, not only will be alone with the baby for those first few days but you will have the full responsibility of raising your child until adulthood.

Will I be alone when I chose schools and educational activities for my child? Yes. Everything will be your full responsibility.
Will I be alone when my child gets sick and needs medical care? Yes. Everything will be your full responsibility.
Will I be alone when my child is a preschooler, child and teenager? Yes. Everything will be your full responsibility.
Will I be alone when my child needs help in selecting a college or career or needs help as an adult? Yes. Everything will be your full responsibility.

IMHO, don't just think of those months that you are pregnant and the months that your child is a baby, consider your child's entire life without a loving, caring father. Picture the next five, ten, fifteen, eighteen/twenty years that your child will have a single parent (YOU) being completely in charge of their needs. Are you ready for that? Really ready?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Married and otherwise committed men leave their children every day. Probably a good many of them were never as clear as Alex has been about not wanting this baby in the first place.

I suspect you have a romanticized picture in your head about what it is like to care for an infant. Yes, they are cute. They are also very demanding and require care around the clock; even if you are exhausted, or sick, or desperate for 10 minutes to yourself to shower and dress.
Five years is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. My late husband and I dated for eight years before we married and we then waited another five years before we decided as a couple to have children. I have known couples who divorced after 15, 25, 35, even 49 1/2 years of marriage. I have known situations where the father has completely walked away from his biological child.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:42 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
i'm 7 weeks pregnant

my boyfriend wants me to get an abortion, he said that we can't even consider having the baby and that it isn't a consideration.

i've been with my boyfriend for 5 years now. there have been many times when ive thought about us having a family. its only natural when we've been together for what feels like so long.

i'm in pieces.

my doctors appointment is booked for monday. from there, i will probably be referred to an abortion clinic. i'm worried about if ill be able to go through with the abortion. my boyfriend is joining me for the doctors appointment.

i want the baby, but i can't consider having it if my boyfriend so clearly doesn't want it and that id be going against him. i don't think i could do that to him. i don't think i could choose the baby over him and his hapiness.

i felt shocked but happy when i found out i was pregnant. i feel a strong maternal instinct and i honestly feel like a mum already. i want my baby. im rooting for him/her

i will be devastated after the abortion

i'm only doing it because my boyfriend thinks the baby isn't a consideration and hes told me that we cant even consider having it. i;m scared he'd leave me because he was feeling trapped or i'd lose the baby and then he'd break up with me. i don't know. i don't know if he would leave me if theres a baby involved but it feels so wrong of me to force this and put him in that sort of position and make the decision to have our baby by myself

im feeling terribly resentful and not at peace

i'm 26 years old and the baby would be due on january 23

we have some time to prepare and go travelling (my boyfriend really wants to do more travelling)

please help

how can i go through with the pregnancy?
my boyfriend would probably leave me and it'd be like another break up. he'd probably never forgive me and it would put such a strain on our relationship

i don't know what would happen once the baby got here

maybe it'd be like the best thing that ever happened to us and all would be forgotten

Moderator note: People, please do not turn this thread into a discussion about birth control methods. Stay on topic. Off-topic posts have been deleted.
Sweetheart, if you do not want the abortion, do not have one. Can’t raise the child put the baby up for adoption. My nephew is adopted, his birth mother actually wanted to abort him but his grandmother talked her out of it. He is such a happy loved little boy with a mommy, daddy and two sets of grandparents and great grandparents who love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships