Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:29 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,108,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think someone else, not her partner, made those comments.
It's definitely not clear in her post, which is why I requested clarification. It doesn't make sense.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:35 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,680,265 times
Honesty, heart and brains.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:50 AM

372 posts, read 453,800 times
Resiliency and empathy.

Try living for any length of time with someone without either one... quickest route to unhappiness.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think someone else, not her partner, made those comments.
Yeah, I think she meant someone here on CD made that comment, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with the topic of the thread, so it’ll just distract some posters here.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:36 AM

12,101 posts, read 16,999,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Everyone talks about what they would like to find in a partner....honesty, intelligence, sensitivity, success or any one of a dozen other things. Does anyone look for a good writer? I ask because.. I am in a *very* happy relationship & it's been pointed out to me I don't take the time, when I post, to write very well. Lol, yes they said that & also said it must mean I'm not intelligent. It got me thinking what I do value...because a love of writing is not there for me. Luckily for me tho, it's not an important part of a relationship. I came up with the following...of what I look for (& found) with a man...

Honest...& loves to curl up & talk with me
Successful (& intelligence is a part of that). Success in life...not just limited to money or work.
Humor
Chemistry & romance
Has a good relationship with his family, many friends....& shows that to me.
Respects me (& I respect him too) in how he acts & speaks to me

So...what do you feel is important to find in a partner for a happy (& long lasting) relationship?
I do think most people would be happiest if they had someone that was like their best friend (whether they think so or not).

I also understand that a lot of people don't have a best friend, and a lot of people don't have really any good friends, but ideally...

Someone who is like you in most ways, likes to do the same things, has the same opinions on politics, life, someone you can talk to about anything that pops into your mind, etc.

Society doesn't cater to this idea as they rear men and women to be 'different' from the start, but that's an archaic mindset from archaic times...

Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 AM

44,274 posts, read 19,936,431 times
Duplicate topic. Thread closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships