Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:53 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,574,171 times

Advertisements

Everyone talks about what they would like to find in a partner....honesty, intelligence, sensitivity, success or any one of a dozen other things. Does anyone look for a good writer? I ask because.. I am in a *very* happy relationship & it's been pointed out to me I don't take the time, when I post, to write very well. Lol, yes they said that & also said it must mean I'm not intelligent. It got me thinking what I do value...because a love of writing is not there for me. Luckily for me tho, it's not an important part of a relationship. I came up with the following...of what I look for (& found) with a man...

Honest...& loves to curl up & talk with me
Successful (& intelligence is a part of that). Success in life...not just limited to money or work.
Humor
Chemistry & romance
Has a good relationship with his family, many friends....& shows that to me.
Respects me (& I respect him too) in how he acts & speaks to me

So...what do you feel is important to find in a partner for a happy (& long lasting) relationship?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Interesting you ask about relationships with a good writer. No, I don't think they always make for a good partner. Good writers spend a LOT of time alone, writing, and also spend a lot of time asking their partners to read their work.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Predatory behaviors are undesirable in a mate
Especially species that eat their partner after mating

Old 06-19-2019, 10:06 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Sense of humor.
Sense of fairness.
The right amount of patience.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:12 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,574,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interesting you ask about relationships with a good writer. No, I don't think they always make for a good partner. Good writers spend a LOT of time alone, writing, and also spend a lot of time asking their partners to read their work.
That's not what I asked, tho.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Someone that is not looking for me to MAKE them happy.

Happiness is from within.

Everyone must have a full tank to give. It’s those ones who always run on empty and are always looking for someone to fill up their tank. Do this and that for me and it will make me happy. That’s crap!

There is more happiness in giving than receiving.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:32 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Everyone talks about what they would like to find in a partner....honesty, intelligence, sensitivity, success or any one of a dozen other things. Does anyone look for a good writer? I ask because.. I am in a *very* happy relationship & it's been pointed out to me I don't take the time, when I post, to write very well. Lol, yes they said that & also said it must mean I'm not intelligent.
Please clarify. You claim to be in a *very happy* relationship right now with someone who criticizes not only your writing style but also your intelligence just because they call themselves a writer? Am I understanding this correctly? Because if my boyfriend was *this* petty about something so trivial and had the nerve to insult my intelligence because I wasn't doing something *his* way, I would show him the door.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:45 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Luckily for me tho, it's not an important part of a relationship. I came up with the following...of what I look for (& found) with a man...

Honest...& loves to curl up & talk with me
Successful (& intelligence is a part of that). Success in life...not just limited to money or work.
Humor
Chemistry & romance
Has a good relationship with his family, many friends....& shows that to me.
Respects me (& I respect him too) in how he acts & speaks to me

Gosh, I don't think I've ever seen anyone specify those traits as necessary for a lasting relationship. I really think you're onto something here.

By the way, the Society for the Prevention of Ampersand Abuse called and told me to tell you to lay off the shift-7 key.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Please clarify. You claim to be in a *very happy* relationship right now with someone who criticizes not only your writing style but also your intelligence just because they call themselves a writer? Am I understanding this correctly? Because if my boyfriend was *this* petty about something so trivial and had the nerve to insult my intelligence because I wasn't doing something *his* way, I would show him the door.
I think someone else, not her partner, made those comments.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:12 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,835 times
I... don't get the writing thing.

That said, a long-term, successful relationship needs shared priorities and goals as well as lot of flexibility, tolerance, and dedication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships