Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:45 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Come on people! It was a Yahoo article!

A person CAN be defined by a high amount of partners. It shows many qualities about them.

If a person robbed a bank it would say a lot about them. How about 20 banks?

It’s not my fault that people have sex more than hand shakes now a days. I have a right to judge someone’s character by the amount of people they shack up with.
Wow... you equating sex to a crime. How lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 06:48 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
I personally never understood why people get all worked up over the number of sexual partners.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:48 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Wait ... so it's a crime to have slept with a lot of people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Wow... you equating sex to a crime. How lovely.
Really?

Never mind.

Make up your own analogy. The point is it says a lot about a person.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:

The point is it says a lot about a person.
It says something about a person at a particular time in their life.

What that is depends on the person.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:31 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,892 times
I wouldn't want to sleep with someone if I don't know them well enough to have some idea of how many partners they've had. So far I have only had sex once, and it was with someone VERY, VERY experienced. And that was good! I need experience in a lover because I am very inexperienced! Plus, if a woman has had a lot of lovers that means she is probably very desirable so that's good too! And I would want a relationship to be an equal partnership with two or more equal partners.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:34 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times
Quote:
Come on people! It was a Yahoo article!

A person CAN be defined by a high amount of partners. It shows many qualities about them.

If a person robbed a bank it would say a lot about them. How about 20 banks?

It’s not my fault that people have sex more than hand shakes now a days. I have a right to judge someone’s character by the amount of people they shack up with.
Amen. And if a girl you’ve been dating for a long time says it’s none of your business, run for the hills. Her number shouldn’t be scary - not every guy wants to be with the village bicycle. I went on a few dates with a girl who was 19 (I was 20) and she had slept with 16 guys and started at age 16. I’m sorry but 16 dudes in 3 years, no, that’s not ok to me. I see why too, she asked if I wanted to sleep with her on the second date. And not even in a sexy way. “We can have sex, if you want.” She said it kind of like it was a chore, which was so weird. I said no that’s ok, I like to get to know a girl better. Then the next girl up actually bragged about her count - I didn’t ask - and said she was proud of having slept with at least one guy from every branch of the US armed forces, a police officer, and a fireman “but no FBI yet.” Umm, ok? She also asked for sex, and I declined. Then she started crying and I said whoa what? “Look, I know you’re just nervous I have an STD, and I do, ok?! You happy now?? I have HPV!” In that moment I thought, wow, I’m so happy I’m not like other guys and don’t just jump on anything that moves. My caution is why I never caught anything lol.

My fiancé’s count is one higher than me but given our counts are both low, I don’t care at all. She is bothered by it because I’m a lot older, but I’m not. I don’t care as much about count as I do about situation though. If your count is 10 and you’re 30, and 6 of those were long term relationships or something, that seems fine. If your count is 10 and you’re 22 and first had sex last year, umm... slow down.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:50 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
What if it was one guy like...500 times but I pictured him as someone else some of those times?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:32 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Here is my opinion.

There is no reason to ever ask someone a number of people they have been with.

f there is concern about STDs, simply ask the person if they have an STD. Them giving a number of partners is meaningless.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:46 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
I would rather not ask, as long as we are sexually compatible and are honest about being so. It might bother me to know if she had several times more partners than me, so it's best not to know such things. Who she is now is what matters - neither of us are the same people we were years ago. Now, if those experiences made her jaded or something, I'd be able to see that in the present without knowing her past or the why, and move on simply on the basis of current reality and personality.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
I'm not a fan of premarital sex. However, there are certain things I'll let go. Some things I cannot let go. If a woman has had sex with one or two persons multiple times, that's one thing. I can live with her having a previous partner and sleeping with that one partner several times. I won't like it, but it's more tolerable than promiscuity. And by that, I mean this. A woman sleeping with multiple men as if going through a rolodex or the like. That tells me she has alot of promiscuiity in her. If she has cheated on another boyfriend in the past, that tells me I can't trust. I'll see her as unreliable. She might cheat on me if I get with her. If she has male friends, that's one thing. If she's sleeping with those male friends of hers, NO. There are many things I won't tolerate. Sexual promiscuity is one thing I won't tolerate. If I can hold my urges and save it for marriage, at the least, any woman I would want to date, I expect her not to be promiscuous. Having a high amount of sexual partners, it's a turnoff for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships