Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 06:09 PM

30 posts, read 27,447 times

Advertisements

I'm a married man in his 40s. I've been married to my wife for the past 13 years. Been together for 24 years.

To keep a long story short I've been noticing strange behaviors with my wife for some considerable time now but couldn't put my finger on it. So I Googled "signs of a cheating wife". Out of a possible 10 signs of infidelity she exhibited 8 characteristics (80% WOW!) that she may be cheating. So I went through her phones (password changed but i figured it out) and computer and low and behold the smoking gun. As I scrolled through her HISTORIES I saw where she Googled "sex with ex gave me closure" along with "sex with the one that got away" also "how to not tell husband about affair". I was heartbroken and confused. Could not sleep a wink. This cant be the woman I've been ever so faithful to who swore she will never cheat on me because of fears of diseases and destroying her home in the proceess. Having to look at her sleep and wake up like nothing was going on. I was FURIOUS!

The next morning I confronted her about what I found on her phone. She admitted that she met with her ex a few times but she denied having sex with him. (Maury says, "that's a lie"!)

So give me your opinions? Do you believe she slept with her ex or am I blowing it out of proportion? Is this her sort of confession that she did have an affair? What should I do? How should I confront her again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 06:11 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Yeah, this story sounds a little too on the nose.

But as a general rule, when you reach a stage where you're going through each other's phones looking for dirt, you already have serious problems whether or not infidelity is one of them.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
I'm a married man in his 40s. I've been married to my wife for the past 13 years. Been together for 24 years.

To keep a long story short I've been noticing strange behaviors with my wife for some considerable time now but couldn't put my finger on it. So I Googled "signs of a cheating wife". Out of a possible 10 signs of infidelity she exhibited 8 characteristics (80% WOW!) that she may be cheating. So I went through her phones (password changed but i figured it out) and computer and low and behold the smoking gun. As I scrolled through her HISTORIES I saw where she Googled "sex with ex gave me closure" along with "sex with the one that got away" also "how to not tell husband about affair". I was heartbroken and confused. Could not sleep a wink. This cant be the woman I've been ever so faithful to who swore she will never cheat on me because of fears of diseases and destroying her home in the proceess. Having to look at her sleep and wake up like nothing was going on. I was FURIOUS!

The next morning I confronted her about what I found on her phone. She admitted that she met with her ex a few times but she denied having sex with him. (Maury says, "that's a lie"!)

So give me your opinions? Do you believe she slept with her ex or am I blowing it out of proportion? Is this her sort of confession that she did have an affair? What should I do? How should I confront her again?
Curious to know more about your history together. In your 40's and together for 24 years.....so since soon out of college? But you've only been married for 13 years? So you were on and off for awhile (though you were "together") before getting married and it's during that time when the ex first came in?

And at what point did you have such a detailed conversation about cheating that diseases came up as a reason not to?!

I'm guessing that there have been troubled times before with many questions. You'll need to decide for yourself because I doubt you'll believe anything she says at this point, lying or not. BTW, I'll bet that "quiz" was worded broadly and vaguely enough that it could mean anything (kinda like a horoscope) so it really only reflected your state of mind at the time.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 PM

10,208 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post

Even if she didn't sleep with him, she obviously wants to and is considering it or she wouldn't have Googled those things. That is still a problem. Have you considered couple's therapy?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:42 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Who Googles "How not to tell husband about affair"?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:43 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Your wife has been having, at a minimum, an emotional affair with her ex. Google that and see what Maury says.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Curious to know more about your history together. In your 40's and together for 24 years.....so since soon out of college? But you've only been married for 13 years? So you were on and off for awhile (though you were "together") before getting married and it's during that time when the ex first came in?

And at what point did you have such a detailed conversation about cheating that diseases came up as a reason not to?!

I'm guessing that there have been troubled times before with many questions. You'll need to decide for yourself because I doubt you'll believe anything she says at this point, lying or not. BTW, I'll bet that "quiz" was worded broadly and vaguely enough that it could mean anything (kinda like a horoscope) so it really only reflected your state of mind at the time.
We're in our early 40s. Dated since high school. We never broke up. Relationship has been steady straight through. Before we dated she was with her ex bf for a few months. She broke it off because he was in nefarious activities. I'm familiar with him. When we were dating she said she never had sex with him and only with me. She feared getting diseases from sleeping around. Keep it short she met him at his work a few months back after more than 24 years. They got to talking and he felt some type of way after she dumped him. According to her he has deep resentment by the way she treated him and she felt bad for him. Thats all she told me. She said that she never had an affair on me with him. But going through her phone it says something different. I dont know what to believe.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who Googles "How not to tell husband about affair"?

That was on her phone.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Your wife has been having, at a minimum, an emotional affair with her ex. Google that and see what Maury says.
But who googles "sex with ex gave me closure" and "sex with the one that got away"? Sounds more of a confessional than emotional

Old 06-21-2019, 07:32 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Sounds like curiosity got the best of her, after only being with you for all this time.

She could have been imagining it when she Googled it, or she could have done it and was actually looking for ways to deal with it.

It's typical for people to confess a little bit at a time, i.e. "I met with him but didn't sleep with him." Odds are she did something you wouldn't be happy about. So be prepared for a full confessional at some point.

Y'all have a LOT to talk about. Trust is shattered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships