Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:10 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Okay folks, I did not mention in the original post, that I did tell him I have a boyfriend, and that we each have our own home.

After reading some of your posts, I decided to send him a "cordial, non-committal" text via Gmail. I kept the conversation about my endeavor to exercise to address weight issues and osteoarthritis in my knees.

Here is what I wrote (some parts edited):

Hi:
I hope the summer finds you in good spirits and health.

The advantage of the (name of gym) is the availability to visit a gym that logistically aligns with my daily schedule, as well as my interest in that gym's class schedule on a given day.

I visited a (name of hospital) Sports Orthopedist for a second opinion about my knees. He urged me to HOLD OFF on TKR surgery for several years. He said to continue to lose weight and strengthen the quads and hamstrings to alleviate the arthritic pain. That was reassuring news! I am on that quest!!!

Continue to have a happy summer, dude!

Okay, now check out his response:

Hi babe! All's well thanks! I hope it's the same with you. I'm glad your knee can still improve. Call me if you need me or if you want to hook up, hang out, just chill. Hope to see you soon. It's nice talking to you.

Hook up, hang out, just chill? WTF?

Ohhhhhh, sugar! Does anyone here have hills I can run to?

I'm not trying to do ANY of those things with dude! He obviously doesn't remember me mentioning my boyfriend (or doesn't care).

Plus, I don't want a beat-down from his ex-wife if word ever got out he tried to talk to me! ***** is mean! Besides, I don't do "used goods." That was her man and her problem. I never EVER had romantic designs on him.

Okay, I'm shredding that postcard, like I should've done when you first suggested it! Oh my goodness!!!!
Some people have to learn the hard way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 08:24 PM

111 posts, read 68,662 times
Default Neighbor's ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Some people have to learn the hard way.
Birdie:

I threw away the postcard and I will not even respond to his message. If I see him at the gym, I'll keep it cordial and moving, as suggested earlier.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:40 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times
OP, the fact that you even made a thread asking this question is telling me that you are interested in him on romantic level. You answered your own question at the end of your post about what you should do. If you had no feelings at all, it would not be on your mind enough to bring it up. Don't kid yourself.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:42 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times
I also think that you are using all of this for validation. You are putting way too much thought into this. Ok, he likes you. So what?

Old 06-24-2019, 05:36 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,572,023 times
^ i kinda' agree. the o.p. is a 439-word double-spaced essay including unnecessary details about the ex-wife being a neighbor, maybe shes jealous, maybe hes a wife-beater, he goes to the same gym as you, the wife doesnt like you and accused you of having an affair, the wife is blocking grandchildren from him, ...

all of this is moot. this whole two-paged thread can be summarized into:
Quote:
q: some guy asked me out but i am not interested.
Spoiler
a: tell him youre not interested.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 AM

17,715 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
OP, the fact that you even made a thread asking this question is telling me that you are interested in him on romantic level. You answered your own question at the end of your post about what you should do. If you had no feelings at all, it would not be on your mind enough to bring it up. Don't kid yourself.
Quote:
I also think that you are using all of this for validation. You are putting way too much thought into this. Ok, he likes you. So what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ i kinda' agree
I agree also. She's also downplaying (if not outright dismissing) the ex-wife's comments about abuse.

"the ex-wife stated that he was "emotionally and

physically abusive" towards her. No one on the block ever saw any evidence of

this, meaning the cops were never called to their house. All was pretty much

quiet on their front."

Old 06-24-2019, 04:01 PM

Default Neighbor's ex

Quote:
M3 you are sooooo far off the mark. You don't know what you are talking about. I was shocked to get a card in the mail from him, after a chance meeting at the gym.. I'm in a great relationship and have NO interest in a side piece!

Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM

Redplum, did you not see what I said:

"No one on the block ever saw any evidence of this, meaning the cops were never called to their house. All was pretty much quiet on their front. But course, that doesn't mean she was lying."

Funny how you didn't include that bolded part!

Old 06-24-2019, 04:20 PM

If I see him at the gym, I will keep it cordial, but reiterate that I have a boyfriend and that the suggestion to hook up, hang up or just chill is already being fulfilled by my man.
Hopefully, that will be the end of it. I don't want drama (or any more postcards in the mail from dude).

The end. Let's all move on...

Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Heck, it kinda sounds like he also thought the two of you had something going. "See you around sometime" is a polite parting remark, not a coded message meaning "I will be lying in wait for you".

I wouldn't respond. He already thinks there is more to it than there actually is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships