Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:15 PM

16 posts, read 9,469 times

Advertisements

He might be loving, but if he's an introvert/or way too childish for you it won't change, unfortunately. Quiet is good sometimes, but not all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Basically any person who chooses to devote more than a couple of hours a week to video games lacks imagination. Nothing more than an overgrown child. Hey, a little here and there? Sure.

But marathon gaming sessions? Dude, life is a banquet and you're choosing to starve yourself to death.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharzi87 View Post
I talk about my problem, my life , my issues and he listens or gives me some comments, but he doesn't say anything about his life.

Not that this guy is the right guy for you anyway, but as a rule of thumb men don't like to hear women complaining about their issues and problems and their "life" all the time. I mean if you are going through something specific like illness or a job problem then a good partner will be happy to help -- but men get easily tired and frustrated by women constantly needing to "emote" (which is why they generally don't do it themselves. His video gaming is his way of dealing with problems.) Find some girlfriends to talk to.

Quote:
He also complains that I need to get hobby and he wouldn't be my hobby when I get bored.

Obviously you are draining him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Just remember that whatever it is you don't like about someone you're dating will only get worse, not better.

And it's better to find out now before marriage! You're painting a picture of two individuals who would not be a good match for a lifetime together.

Yep.

Quote:
From stuff he is doing for me.

He buys me gift(small one but meaningful), keeps me calm when I am stressed out, asks me of my doctor appointment when I have one and wants to make sure I am fine, makes me dinner or takes me on dates at least once a week. and most importantly, always tells me he loves me so much three four time a day even when he is at work.

Yeah I've had boyfriends constantly say "I love you" and they had no long term plans for us. Doesn't mean anything in terms of possible future.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:13 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Default "My boyfriend doesn't talk a lot"

Most men don't.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:15 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Get him a gym membership and tell him to get off his ass. It’s fine if he doesn’t want to talk but is doing stuff. I’d say 1 - 1.5 hours of video games per day would be tops but unfortunately he is not a child and you’re not his mother.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:20 AM

203 posts, read 142,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Get him a gym membership and tell him to get off his ass. It’s fine if he doesn’t want to talk but is doing stuff. I’d say 1 - 1.5 hours of video games per day would be tops but unfortunately he is not a child and you’re not his mother.
He atleast should play 4-5 hours a day in weekdays and 7-8 hours on weekends.
He does stuff with me and goes to gym with his friends.
It is making me worried that I may not be able to tolerate in the long run.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:21 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,277,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, now we know why he doesn't want kids.
Him not wanting kids has nothing to do with video games. Actually, I have known people that would like to have a kid or two to play games with. Can it be that he just doesn't want kids?

Old 06-27-2019, 07:24 AM

OP, was he single for a while before you started dating him?

Reason I ask is because maybe he is just stuck in his ways. I see this a lot in people that have been single for quite some time. It's almost like they develop a routine for themselves, and when they are single, they don't have to do any explaining. It's not necessarily a bad thing, you probably just have to help him get unstuck.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:27 AM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
He comes from work and gives me a kiss and then goes and sits on his computer and plays video games.
after an hour or two I ask him to come watch tv with me. he comes we eat dinner and watch Netflix then he goes to play more video games.
Then I go to bed he comes and cuddles me and tells me he loves and after 10 minutes he again goes back play video games. Then the next day he wakes up too late because he played video game until 4 am and he again sits on his computer and plays video games.
and the time he doesn't except if we watch tv, or talk about an interesting article, we don't talk about anything.
I talk about my problem, my life , my issues and he listens or gives me some comments, but he doesn't say anything about his life. one time we went for a 30 minutes walk and i decided to not start conversation and he didn't talk all through the walk until we came home.

One time we went on a trip and he didn't bring lap top, but he would stay at hotel until 3 or 4 pm and wouldn't like to come to crowd and see the city.

I feel alone most of the times. He loves me but I need communication.
How can we communicate better.
He also never wants to have kids and also I am thinking about never have kids with him, life would be really boring not having so much in common.
Today, I was starting chatting with stranger and a bunch of pervert were on line and I just didn't feel good of talking to them.
I want him asking me questions and telling me how his life is.

I have never been in a long term relationship or living with someone before, is this normal in a longer term relationship?
Is everyone who live together start to have less stuff to talk about?

He also complains that I need to get hobby and he wouldn't be my hobby when I get bored.
If he doesn't want to have kids and you do, time to move on to someone else who does and is better at communicating with you. He's addicted to those video games no you.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:31 AM

I bet if the BF started actually paying attention to you, you would dump him. It is his absence of interaction that is keeping you around. It's mysterious to you, in a way. Women aren't attracted to men that show constant affection and interaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships