Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 05:18 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times

Advertisements

Some people make a big deal about age because age is a big deal to them. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 05:23 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
They wouldn't know that they are immature either. Which is why they don't get it. They are totally clueless.
You know what they say about opinions... Still something that you’ve conjured up in your own mind to justify your angst with age difference relationships. Why not just be honest and tell me why you really don’t like these type of interactions between consenting adults?

Old 06-29-2019, 05:27 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You know what they say about opinions... Still something that you’ve conjured up in your own mind to justify your angst with age difference relationships. Why not just be honest and tell me why you really don’t like these type of interactions between consenting adults?
I have no angst. I don't care what they do and have supported many people over the years that inquire here about age differences. I'm just stating what I see. It's still the truth though. And frankly, I think people should be with their maturity equivalent (so long as it's legal). Anything else would be pointless. I have no dog in this fight. What's your issue? You must be with a much older man and are defensive. I don't care, do what you want!

Old 06-29-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I have no angst. I don't care what they do and have supported many people over the years that inquire here about age differences. I'm just stating what I see. It's still the truth though. And frankly, I think people should be with their maturity equivalent (so long as it's legal). Anything else would be pointless. I have no dog in this fight. What's your issue? You must be with a much older man and are defensive. I don't care, do what you want!
Thanks for proving my point. Now I have “issues” and I am “defensive” because I don’t see it your way.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
It depends on what each individual person wants.

Most of my friends in my 20s only wanted to date men the same age or younger. I was willing to date men 10-20 years older and often did. Women who date much older men are often accused of being "gold diggers" so perhaps that is why some women avoid much older men.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Lol. First you cast aspersions on these men because you don’t agree with age difference relationships and now you’ve resorted to casting them on me ( personal attack) because I don’t agree with you? I must have “issues” or I am being “defensive” because I have a difference of opinion. I rest my case!
One big mistake that you are making is equating age ... to maturity.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol. First you cast aspersions on these men because you don’t agree with age difference relationships and now you’ve resorted to casting them on me ( personal attack) because I don’t agree with you? I must have “issues” or I am being “defensive” because I have a difference of opinion. I rest my case!
One big mistake that you are making is equating age ... to maturity.
Lady, you made it personal and started attacking me first.... for whatever reason. I don't care if you disagree with me. I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. It happens all the time on this message board. You're the one that wants to continue to argue about it for some reason, but it's stupid so I'm done posting to you.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Lady, you made it personal and started attacking me first.... for whatever reason. I don't care if you disagree with me. I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. It happens all the time on this message board. You're the one that wants to continue to argue about it for some reason, but it's stupid so I'm done posting to you.
Ok... Take you ball and go home. Lol

Old 06-29-2019, 06:38 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
I have always believe "Age is just a number".
You can believe what you like but reality doesn't care about your beliefs -- which I imagine will be quite different by the time you're in a nursing home.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:41 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Nope, I'm sorry, but age is not always "just a number". Age has a huge impact on what stage of life we are in and when two people are in difference stages of life, they are often incapable. There's exceptions, of course, but in general, age is a big factor in who we are and what we want out of life and a relationship, and you would be a fool to not at least consider that factor (not saying no one should ever consider dating outside their age range, just saying it's not something people should just outright ignore as though age doesn't matter at all, ever).
I agree as well.

You have people who say, I'm 50 but I look 35, or that they don't feel their age. Great. Doesn't change your actual age because you don't feel it or think you look it.

People can date whoever is willing to date them, but the majority of younger people are not lining up to date people old enough to be their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships