Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 10:12 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Colleges don't need to make any effort to force students to date. All the normally developed people, male and female, have figured out how dating works in junior high and high school. They are getting all the action they want by the time they're in college, because the environment they are in provides them with a smorgasbord of options and opportunities. No need for dating sites to recruit membership at college campuses. You don't sell ice to an Eskimo.

Struggling dating scene, party of one, your table is ready.
Sigh. There you go tickling insecurities again. I’m beginning to think your handle is applied selectively.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:13 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Seriously, alcohol?
Lol!!!

This whole post makes me laugh. You have a better chance at just moving to a better area
Alcohol increases estrogen and lowers inhibitions. That is why most people drink it on dates that involve food. This tangent is becoming silly and pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Colleges don't need to make any effort to force students to date. All the normally developed people, male and female, have figured out how dating works in junior high and high school. They are getting all the action they want by the time they're in college, because the environment they are in provides them with a smorgasbord of options and opportunities. No need for dating sites to recruit membership at college campuses. You don't sell ice to an Eskimo.

Struggling dating scene, party of one, your table is ready.
Colleges aren't giant -----fests. Movies aren't real life. Judging by the sex drought reported about and mentioned in very popular threads on this site, many college students now are abstinent. The joke's on you. And everyone else who is (or might become) single, as that trend probably affects a wider and wider age range and scares people being mistreated in relationships from exiting into the singles wasteland.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:16 AM

20,366 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised. I hear about dates resulting from 'prodding' of others. "Just give him a chance" type of crap. And of course, there are a lot of failed relationships, probably as a result of this and other forms of "being set up".
I have seen that, too, but I think someone must have a certain social capital to the person being prodded, or it won't work. Like if a woman really doesn't want to date but her mother (whom she loves and respects) really is pushing her. Or her best friend, whose advice she trusts.

But if someone you don't care about (like a coworker-acquaintance) says "give the guy a chance" or pushes you...you're only going to go along if it was what you were already leaning towards doing. Like if you were 70% thinking you wanted to go on a date, and 30% thinking maybe stay home and binge Netflix alone, and some person gave you a nudge that tipped you to what you were already more or less thinking of doing.

And I have not ever, not even ONCE, seen someone who was a stranger on the internet, actually persuade someone via forcefulness and argument, to change their position 180 degrees. Never. There are other persuasive methods I have seen work, and used myself on occasion. But I don't think they are on the OP's radar. Which, in my opinion, is likely for the best.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:16 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
"I can't get a man, so I am going to try to enforce some kind of 'mandatory dating protocol' to coerce (or even force) men to date." Said no woman ever (as far as I know).

If you want a woman to date you, then you must provide or show something that brings forth a desire to date you. There are many things that you can do in order to bring out that desire in women.

Minimum Requirements:
Be clean
Smell good
Have a job

Beyond the Minimum:
Dress well according to your style
Have a unique sense of style
Own a business
Make great investments.
Have goals
Be close to achieving your goals
Be charming
Be charismatic
Be Independent!!! One of the reasons women choose to stay single is that they don't like the idea of an extra child who just happens to be a similar age as her.

Most importantly, be real. Don't try to contort your personality and pretend to be something you're not for a woman. It eventually falls apart.

Probably a bit more effective than mandated dating. Put effort into yourself.

It starts with an 'S' and rhymes with power.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have seen that, too, but I think someone must have a certain social capital to the person being prodded, or it won't work. Like if a woman really doesn't want to date but her mother (whom she loves and respects) really is pushing her. Or her best friend, whose advice she trusts.

But if someone you don't care about (like a coworker-acquaintance) says "give the guy a chance" or pushes you...you're only going to go along if it was what you were already leaning towards doing. Like if you were 70% thinking you wanted to go on a date, and 30% thinking maybe stay home and binge Netflix alone, and some person gave you a nudge that tipped you to what you were already more or less thinking of doing.

And I have not ever, not even ONCE, seen someone who was a stranger on the internet, actually persuade someone via forcefulness and argument, to change their position 180 degrees. Never. There are other persuasive methods I have seen work, and used myself on occasion. But I don't think they are on the OP's radar. Which, in my opinion, is likely for the best.
i know.

But if anyone tells me to 'give someone a chance', and I've had people, even those I care about, try to set me up with someone out of giving them a chance, it's a no.

I've given chances before to people I was not 'feeling', relationships, friendships and all (because I talked myself into it and believed I was being shallow), turns out, these people have certain issues in who they are (deception, dishonesty, emotional volatility) that do not work with me.

So now, I don't give chances. If the idea of being involved with someone gives me a sense of apprehension, I better take heed to it no matter what someone says.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:22 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Alcohol increases estrogen and lowers inhibitions. That is why most people drink it on dates that involve food. This tangent is becoming silly and pointless.

Colleges aren't giant -----fests. Movies aren't real life. Judging by the sex drought reported about and mentioned in very popular threads on this site, many college students now are abstinent. The joke's on you. And everyone else who is (or might become) single, as that trend probably affects a wider and wider age range and scares people being mistreated in relationships from exiting into the singles wasteland.
Have you been to college recently, or is this also something you're speaking on from gathered data and your personal analysis and interpretation, sitting at your desk at home and using your computer and wifi to indulge in your voyeurism of the normies? Singles wasteland - is that where you see yourself? I might pity you if you didn't express such misogyny in this forum.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:23 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
You are the one who should give up. I’m amazed at your level of nonsense (and time/effort you have wasted in this very lengthy thread which I doubt anyone will read in its entirety).

Marriage doesn’t ‘make’ anyone happy; you have to do that for yourself first (whether you choose to get married or not, male or female) and you clearly aren’t happy.
I never said marriage makes people happy. I suggested that quality marriage makes people happier (or more content, emotionally satisfied, or something like that). Mutual love makes quality of life better - truism. Let's get away from toxic inaction and back to common sense. If some groups of single women are happier in any ways (happier with their salaries and careers, for example), that's not because they are unmarried and that's not an excuse to have no love life.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:24 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,006 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised. I hear about dates resulting from 'prodding' of others. "Just give him a chance" type of crap. And of course, there are a lot of failed relationships, probably as a result of this and other forms of "being set up".
1- “Failed relationships,” exactly. Successful relationships were specifically mentioned.
2- I’m specifically talking about his scenario in which a woman agrees to a date out of a social obligation to engage in the dating market because they disregard their own instincts of what will make them happy and potentially prioritize the happiness of others over their own. That’s way beyond “I know this guy you just have to meet!”

Old 07-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

Well, that explains my man tatas.

And sex drought? Droughts do tend to come to an end...right?

Well, as many people are scared of leaving relationships that they are mistreated in, there are people who are afraid to get into relationships where they are getting mistreated.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:29 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Well, that explains my man tatas.

And sex drought? Droughts do tend to come to an end...right?

Well, as many people are scared of leaving relationships that they are mistreated in, there are people who are afraid to get into relationships where they are getting mistreated.
Take a look at this post, and think of how many women you know who would get into a relationship for mistreatment with some if they knew he had expressed this online:

//www.city-data.com/forum/48459460-post5.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships