Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Just be honest. You are trying to get this "movement" going because no woman is giving you the goods, right? That's what it all blows down to. This whole "tactics" to get more women dating is because you are left out. I got news for you. If somehow it does work, that just means more for the successful. People like you are still going to be left out.

The reason that you are not successful at dating is because you don't have enough appeal. And you have to face it. I had to face it. I was out in the cold while others were getting together. Oh, and of course, the single ladies were happy to be single.

One day, I lose a few pounds and lo and behold, those "celibate" women were suddenly ready to mingle.

I said all of this to say.

Spoiler
IT'S NOT THEM!!! IT'S YOU!!!

Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
OP is not learning anything from this thread, he's too arrogant for that. Instead he's just whining that the women he wants to date are not interested in him, thinks it's because women in general have gone off marriage or partnerships, but in reality it's most likely the result of his attitude. I don't know any women in this day and age who would put up with someone this paternalistic, except perhaps fundamentalist Christians. If he thinks he knows what is best for absolute strangers, he is also going "know what's best" for his spouse. She'll have no say in anything.
Women have "gone off marriage or partnerships" to an extent. I don't make up facts.
People are attacking me for facts they dislike hearing, maybe because they're denying some things to themselves. I know the type of person prone to self-deception and personal attacks is at the top of the list for not making a good partner, so glass houses.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I said "and many others." I do think the majority denying feelings is unpartnered.
But you're singling out the single people.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison7 View Post
It's not a myth just because it might not be true for you. Single people don't have to rationalize why they are single. The datings game can be largely luck, and our lives shouldn't be dependent on luck. We have a life beyond finding a relationship, but that can be fun too.
Life to a large degree is luck, but it's not pure luck and effort is a factor. Rationalization re relationships usually comes down to excuses not to make an effort. Focusing on other things, even positives such as personal development, can't fill a basic lack. People just have to navigate dating so that it doesn't make them miserable. File it under "necessary evil."

Old 07-15-2019, 10:57 AM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

I said all of this to say.

Spoiler
IT'S NOT THEM!!! IT'S YOU!!!

^ ^

What TJenkins said.

Give yourself an attitude makeover to start with.

Women look for someone who will make them happy. Your control issues and lack of openness & tolerance for other peoples' ways of living and choices, constitute an impediment to other peoples' happiness.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
But you're singling out the single people.
Yeah, because it's a discussion about singles. Think! Just as why in the world would I make this thread primarily for my own benefit when other methods for getting mine would be more effective.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:04 AM

260 posts, read 129,449 times
Quote:
Life to a large degree is luck, but it's not pure luck and effort is a factor. Rationalization re relationships usually comes down to excuses not to make an effort. Focusing on other things, even positives such as personal development, can't fill a basic lack. People just have to navigate dating so that it doesn't make them miserable. File it under "necessary evil."
Dating is fun, it's not a necessary evil in my life. If it is for you, then that's you.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:06 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
OP is not learning anything from this thread, he's too arrogant for that. Instead he's just whining that the women he wants to date are not interested in him, thinks it's because women in general have gone off marriage or partnerships, but in reality it's most likely the result of his attitude. I don't know any women in this day and age who would put up with someone this paternalistic, except perhaps fundamentalist Christians. If he thinks he knows what is best for absolute strangers, he is also going "know what's best" for his spouse. She'll have no say in anything.
He's a right-wing heathen. But yeah, patriarchal and paternalistic sound about right. *shudder* No wonder he's uncoupled.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:08 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
You move the goal posts all around and around in this need to be right. I thought you were talking about marriage?!?

Many people are in happy, fulfilling relationship(s) and are also single. Telling them they’re “lying to themselves” is just illogical and serves no purpose except to try and make you feel better, or at least ok, or not completely to blame for your own situation. YOU are to blame for your UNHAPPY situation, I will take CREDIT for my satisfying life, as it is all in my own actions and attitude. NO luck involved, just direction.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Women have "gone off marriage or partnerships" to an extent. I don't make up facts.
People are attacking me for facts they dislike hearing, maybe because they're denying some things to themselves. I know the type of person prone to self-deception and personal attacks is at the top of the list for not making a good partner, so glass houses.

It doesn't matter. Even if a whole bunch of women have "gone off" relationships, there are still millions of single women looking nearly in equal numbers to single men look. And there are actually more single women, period.

If you can't find a relationship, you need to work on something about yourself or lower your standards (I've seen too often where men claim there are "no single women" but the truth is there are, they just aren't the women those men are interested in).

It boils down to this, no matter how much posting you do online, you aren't going to convince anyone who isn't interested in a relationship to start dating. You might as well hold your breath and pass out for all the good it will do. What other people do is out of your control. You can only control yourself so that's what you should work on if you really want change in your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships