Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 11:34 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,396,092 times

Advertisements

I am confused.

Not sharing the unpleasant parts of life is cruel? Confrontations about what?

While I disagree with Sonic_Spork about the generalization that folks in the DC suburbs are unfriendly() , I do agree that you're all over the place with your complaints, OP. Some of it just doesn't make sense.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:45 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflourme View Post
Yep that to. Also at Christmas sometimes you have a husband who will not take part in decorating a Christmas tree and the wife and kids are doing it. And you think you married that person shouldn't you partake in family activities such as decorating a Christmas tree? You know that cameras have timers on them and you can set the camera to get the whole family in the photo
So a family should share pictures of happy family times together?

Should they also video fights, or should a spouse do a selfie-video of them complaining about problems, to share so everyone knows that even though they decorated a tree for Christmas, they are not always happy?

And no, just because someone shares something on social media and you COULD see it, does not mean you have to see and complain about it. If you don't like it, then unfollow them. I don't like religion, as I said, why would I keep some person on my Facebook who posts Jesus posts all the time every day? (Hint: I didn't. I unfriended her. We really didn't have anything meaningful in common.)

My news feed is for me to shape as I want. I don't get to tell other people what to post because my eyes don't like it. I don't get to go and tell people they may not share their religious stuff because I don't want to see it. I just unfriend or unfollow. They can post what they want.

About the only reason I sort of agree with you (but only on a personal level) is that when I am spending time with my boyfriend, I am "in the moment." I'm not doing things with my cellphone or camera. Taking pictures is a distraction, to me. I know other people who don't feel that way, and I don't mind that they enjoy taking their pictures and sharing them. It's just when he and I are together, I'm giving my attention fully to him and vice versa. But he is older...not only does he have no social media accounts, he also doesn't even carry his cell phone, he leaves it at home.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:52 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Your right I can control my behavior. But I can still state my opinion of how people act so superficial today trying to advertise how a lovey dovey life they have on social media. But if something negative happens they will MAKE SURE!!!!! to keep it quiet or if someone finds out and starts gossiping about them they are the ones that have to walk away from everyone and put a paperbag on their head or overpost some more lovey dovey photos so they arent scared of "ruining their repupation" among their friends and others in society. Everyone should just be honest with themselves if things go wrong. There is no such thing as a awesome relationship. Everyone has ups and downs in them. THat is life.
Quote:
I got from some reply here who were in agreement with me of how social media has messed up society and how people just mask what they want to mask if something goes wrong in their lives. And they either run away or get defensive if the truth comes out about them. Shows how society has become. Thank social media to that
I totally agree 200%! I know ALL about NARCISSISM. My fiance's entire immediate & some extended family members are full of them (narcissists)! They post about every little thing too. I know this isn't in the least about you being jealous, envious, etc. in case anyone here is thinking that. It's utterly disgusting how these people put on a facade all over social media. They do it because:

they are narcissists who are attention-starvers & it's all about them.

The caliber of people in our society has decreased tremendously. People are a LOT more narcissistic, imposing, stupid, boisterous, classless, immoral, etc. I could go on & on.

Because WHO really cares what they do & how they are?! People's actions when no one is looking is their TRUE character & I wish people would realize this.

They want people to know what a great couple/people they are because in REALITY, they're really NOT. In fact, the ones who post the most are usually THE MOST insecure, lying, fake, miserable losers on the planet because they feel the need to justify & get approval from others.

I so wish everyone knew a LOT more about the term NARCISSISM because people would then know that there are TONS of them in society much more than they could have ever thought.

Narcissists truly are wastes of space & social media is their "playground". I'd love for all social media to just be permanently eliminated because narcissists would be in such a tizzy, they wouldn't know what to do & think life wouldn't be worth living.

That's why when my fiance' finally realized what his family was, he stood ground & no longer has anything to do w/ ANY of them. He's not afraid to stand alone. Having people like that in your life isn't worth it at all.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:53 AM

23 posts, read 14,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
So a family should share pictures of happy family times together?

Should they also video fights, or should a spouse do a selfie-video of them complaining about problems, to share so everyone knows that even though they decorated a tree for Christmas, they are not always happy?

And no, just because someone shares something on social media and you COULD see it, does not mean you have to see and complain about it. If you don't like it, then unfollow them. I don't like religion, as I said, why would I keep some person on my Facebook who posts Jesus posts all the time every day? (Hint: I didn't. I unfriended her. We really didn't have anything meaningful in common.)

My news feed is for me to shape as I want. I don't get to tell other people what to post because my eyes don't like it. I don't get to go and tell people they may not share their religious stuff because I don't want to see it. I just unfriend or unfollow. They can post what they want.

About the only reason I sort of agree with you (but only on a personal level) is that when I am spending time with my boyfriend, I am "in the moment." I'm not doing things with my cellphone or camera. Taking pictures is a distraction, to me. I know other people who don't feel that way, and I don't mind that they enjoy taking their pictures and sharing them. It's just when he and I are together, I'm giving my attention fully to him and vice versa. But he is older...not only does he have no social media accounts, he also doesn't even carry his cell phone, he leaves it at home.
You did great I mb the last paragraph. I am proud of you your boyfriend keeps his photos to a minimum. You are both out enjoy the time you have together why constantly take pictures of everything you do or a ton of selfies? My girlfriend and I are the same we want to enjoy the actual time spent doing an activity and not take a ton of selfies . We dont want to advertis our relationship to the whole world

Old 07-05-2019, 11:56 AM

23 posts, read 14,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I totally agree 200%! I know ALL about NARCISSISM. My fiance's entire immediate & some extended family members are full of them (narcissists)! They post about every little thing too. I know this isn't in the least about you being jealous, envious, etc. in case anyone here is thinking that. It's utterly disgusting how these people put on a facade all over social media. They do it because:

they are narcissists who are attention-starvers & it's all about them.

Because really WHO really cares what they do & how they are?! People's actions when no one is looking is their TRUE character & I wish people would realize this.

They want people to know what a great couple/people they are because in REALITY, they're really NOT. In fact, the ones who post the most are usually THE MOST insecure, lying, fake, miserable losers on the planet because they feel the need to justify & get approval from others.

I so wish everyone knew a LOT more about the term NARCISSISM because people would then know that there are TONS of them in society much more than they could have ever thought.

Narcissists truly are wastes of space & social media is their "playground". I'd love for all social media to just be permanently eliminated because narcissists would be in such a tizzy, they wouldn't know what to do & think life wouldn't be worth living.

That's why when my fiance' finally realized what his family was, he stood ground & no longer has anything to do w/ ANY of them. He's not afraid to stand alone. Having people like that in your life isn't worth it at all.
Amen my friend!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2019, 01:14 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
You did great I mb the last paragraph. I am proud of you your boyfriend keeps his photos to a minimum. You are both out enjoy the time you have together why constantly take pictures of everything you do or a ton of selfies? My girlfriend and I are the same we want to enjoy the actual time spent doing an activity and not take a ton of selfies . We dont want to advertis our relationship to the whole world
LOL my boyfriend is actually a photographer. As a hobby. But when he does it, he's committed to THAT. He has a nice camera, that he brought for that reason. But it's not whenever we are together. And it certainly is not even a frequent thing. When he does take pictures, he takes many of them, but he's devoted to doing that task, focused on it at that time.

The fact I don't take lots of selfies is why I'm glad some people do. I will go to like a music festival with many friends, if everybody was like me, there would be no pictures to remember our good times. But I have those friends who want to hug and do a selfie ten times that night, ok I'll go along. And steal the pictures when they put them on Facebook later.

Otherwise, man, Facebook is for cat videos. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:06 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Too me it's cheesy as he'll, but whatever. It's boring to me to hear someone always doting on about their spouse. I mention Mrs Chow frequently but it's usually to describe a story or whatever. I don't really talk that much about our relationship details,

Old 07-05-2019, 03:59 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Jeez. Who cares what OTHER people do??? The drama over other people's social media is so laughable... if you don't like it, then IGNORE it as others have suggested.

It just isn't that serious.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:44 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Jeez. Who cares what OTHER people do??? The drama over other people's social media is so laughable... if you don't like it, then IGNORE it as others have suggested.

It just isn't that serious.
You're right at the end of the day. It aint that serious.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:31 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL my boyfriend is actually a photographer. As a hobby. But when he does it, he's committed to THAT. He has a nice camera, that he brought for that reason. But it's not whenever we are together. And it certainly is not even a frequent thing. When he does take pictures, he takes many of them, but he's devoted to doing that task, focused on it at that time.

The fact I don't take lots of selfies is why I'm glad some people do. I will go to like a music festival with many friends, if everybody was like me, there would be no pictures to remember our good times. But I have those friends who want to hug and do a selfie ten times that night, ok I'll go along. And steal the pictures when they put them on Facebook later.

Otherwise, man, Facebook is for cat videos. Let's not kid ourselves here.
If I had a dime for every picture I'd seen of a "tribute" band by women in my FB feed, I'd be a rich man! LOL

Must've seen a ton of Tribute band photos last night by a few of my female friends. lol. Not all selfies, persee', just group photos, selfies, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships