Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 01:28 AM

818 posts, read 456,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Oh Bear! He missed an opportunity to involve interested women, not that he wasn’t capable of doing it himself. You seem so hostile and frustrated over this.

Well , l don't get the concept l mean how are you meant to wait she might never come. to me doing a reno is a fantastic distraction one l've been in myself.
But the funny thing was , yep l thought about that exact thing, a lot, exactly what your saying.
But then l thought well l love renovating so if she wants to change more or colours or anything we can always go more with that if she comes along when l'm done , or half way through, or whatever, if ever.
But l've actually been on hold 3yrs because l'm great with the outside but totally blank with the inside. My daughters put in her 2cents and one of my sisters is great with interiors but they'd be totally different to say somebody l was with so that wouldn't really work either.
low and behold l have met someone and the insides still not even started but she's got lots of ideas so that's kind of a relief to me.
But hey what if l didn't meet her , he can't wait forever ?

ps , how did you happen to have a workshop already , was it ex's ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 05:59 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Well , l don't get the concept l mean how are you meant to wait she might never come. to me doing a reno is a fantastic distraction one l've been in myself.
But the funny thing was , yep l thought about that exact thing, a lot, exactly what your saying.
But then l thought well l love renovating so if she wants to change more or colours or anything we can always go more with that if she comes along when l'm done , or half way through, or whatever, if ever.
But l've actually been on hold 3yrs because l'm great with the outside but totally blank with the inside. My daughters put in her 2cents and one of my sisters is great with interiors but they'd be totally different to say somebody l was with so that wouldn't really work either.
low and behold l have met someone and the insides still not even started but she's got lots of ideas so that's kind of a relief to me.
But hey what if l didn't meet her , he can't wait forever ?

ps , how did you happen to have a workshop already , was it ex's ?
The previous owner built the shop. Our future home together had a shop in the basement, which is one of the primary things we were hoping for in our next home. I’m pretty handy, too. Learned woodworking from my grandfather.

Women often forget that they need for there to be space for men, too. It can’t all be flowery junk.

Last edited by ellie; 07-09-2019 at 06:13 AM..

Old 07-09-2019, 08:32 AM

818 posts, read 456,608 times
Funny you say that it was really thoughtful even if you use it yourself anyway too.
When l read it in the other post l thought how cool that'd be in making him feel at home.
Back in single days it was always nice visiting a girl but, l was often really claustrophobic at a woman's place because it was often well, just so girlie. No man stuff or just some spotless little garage with her car inside, that'd be it.
Mind you , l often worried a woman wouldn't enjoy being at my place either because it was too male. Haven't had it long or bothered with setting much up yet. Basic works for me haha.
Needless to say gf has turned the placed upside down and inside out haha,

Old 07-09-2019, 12:00 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Something’s off.

When a man controls all of the remodeling and decorating in his home and leaves no room for a woman’s input, he’s pretty much gone round the bend. You’ve lost a major draw to a potential partner. Enjoy the single life.
Well he doesn't have a woman in his life right now. Except maybe a family member? Does it mean he should not renovate his house according to his tastes, assuming of course that he can afford to pay for the work. This does not make any sense to me...

Old 07-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Well he doesn't have a woman in his life right now. Except maybe a family member? Does it mean he should not renovate his house according to his tastes, assuming of course that he can afford to pay for the work. This does not make any sense to me...
Well, if all he has is a family member, he needs her input if he thinks he’ll ever share his home with a woman.

It has nothing to do with being able to afford to renovate. He doesn’t have to wait. He should, however, get advice from a woman even if he hires a designer for an hour. He’s an engineer. Trust me on this.

Ideally, he’d use this opportunity to get to know someone he might like to date. He can put it on his OLD profile.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Funny you say that it was really thoughtful even if you use it yourself anyway too.
When l read it in the other post l thought how cool that'd be in making him feel at home.
Back in single days it was always nice visiting a girl but, l was often really claustrophobic at a woman's place because it was often well, just so girlie. No man stuff or just some spotless little garage with her car inside, that'd be it.
Mind you , l often worried a woman wouldn't enjoy being at my place either because it was too male. Haven't had it long or bothered with setting much up yet. Basic works for me haha.
Needless to say gf has turned the placed upside down and inside out haha,
He fixed the old shop to suit his needs. Our basement is purely his domain, though I borrow tools from time to time. I’ve also noticed a fair number of my screwdrivers are mixed in with his. We have shared interests.

You can’t predict what kind of partner you’ll find. There are plenty of women who don’t cook and men who are great at it.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:20 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Well, if all he has is a family member, he needs her input if he thinks he’ll ever share his home with a woman.

It has nothing to do with being able to afford to renovate. He doesn’t have to wait. He should, however, get advice from a woman even if he hires a designer for an hour. He’s an engineer. Trust me on this.

Ideally, he’d use this opportunity to get to know someone he might like to date. He can put it on his OLD profile.
Ok, I see your point. It does not necessarily have to be a woman, just maybe a married friend or a designer who can advice on more widely accepted colors, features, trims, etc. Just so that the OP does not paint his walls black, etc...

Old 07-09-2019, 05:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
You seem extremely sensitive. If you are fine with your life, don't let others worry you. I'm 39 and n ver married. I'm content. I realize that I'm not capable of happiness in a relationship. You said God will give you someone. Im a believer in God, but he isn't a delivery man. You run your life.
What, he's not Amazon? Or Santa Claus? Are you sure?? What's prayer for, then?

Old 07-09-2019, 09:37 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
Prayer is for God to bring people things? That's news to me.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Prayer is for God to bring people things? That's news to me.
People pray for all kinds of blessings, for Divine interference to solve their problems or to keep their loved ones safe, or to heal their loved ones from their ailments, or for conception to happen, if they've had trouble getting pregnant. All kinds of things. There are probably people, who pray for success winning the lottery. You never know what some people out there are praying for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships