Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I gotta see this smoking hottie. Post a pic.
Lmao!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,839,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well, at least the guys at the Big Easy weren’t shouting: “Show me your T***!” for the beads that night, or you woulda been reminded about how you won’t pay for the plastic surgery, because this trip is her present. Right?
Right. There was some of that going on but in the crowds on Bourbon one particular person doesn't stand out, too many distractions. We danced in a gay dance club because she said that way guys won't crowd around her too much, but even a gay guy attempted to dance with her. Weirdest thing I ever saw and reminded me why Kinsey said sexuality is a scale. It also shows her universal beauty. Nobody can resist it.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,842,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I gotta see this smoking hottie. Post a pic.
Well last time I suggested that he post his “1%er pic” he directed me to the actress from the Bratz Doll movie, or Pretty little Liars. The same one Shiny Used Car Salesman thinks is the Perfect (fake) Woman.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:14 PM

17,379 posts, read 8,962,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I almost put my beer in his face
Quote:
The other idea I had was to hit him over the head with the bottle
I take back what I said about you handling yourself well.

I mean, you actually did, I guess, but if these thoughts were going through your mind...

Old 07-06-2019, 10:17 PM

11,770 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
I was fine by the end of each night after the alcohol kicked in. Loosened me up and I took the comments in stride.

I've had pretty women before but there's pretty and then there's this woman I'm with. She's not the "girl next door look" she's the "perfect woman look".
Oh yes, the perfect woman with all the bolt on parts who gets mistaken for a hooker/call girl. And you seem to have a drinking problem...as a way of coping. Winning!

Old 07-06-2019, 10:19 PM

17,379 posts, read 8,962,351 times
Quote:
Well last time I suggested that he post his “1%er pic” he directed me to the actress from the Bratz Doll movie, or Pretty little Liars. The same one Shiny Used Car Salesman thinks is the Perfect (fake) Woman.
Which one?

Old 07-06-2019, 10:19 PM

One way of “dealing with people who need to interject into your relationship” would be to not post on CD-R, leaving yourself wide open for dissection.
Sorry for my snippy comments, I’m sure I’m just jealous.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Which one?

Old 07-06-2019, 10:28 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,839,832 times
Quote:
Jade/Kool Kat, i.e. Janel Parrish but taller:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane..._Bratz_024.jpg

Old 07-06-2019, 10:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,381,488 times
Quote:
So, I took my girlfriend to New Orleans for her birthday, she had never been and it was one of her "bucket list" items. I've been so many times but I took her there at her request to please her.

First night I was taking her for a night on the town, she was dressed in a very nice summer dress. We hired a lyft and the driver pulled up.

I let her in first and then I got into the car, the driver, a middle aged man in his 50's looked at her then looked at me and said "how in the heck did you wind up with her?" So I said cheekily "I got skills man". He then said "Ha! You either got money or are well hung. Which is it?" I said "Both!". He said "Whatever." I think I won that battle of the banter.

Time for round 2. He said that she needed to take me to Galatoire's, give me 3 sezeracs then ask for my credit card and go to Sacks 5th Ave. He also said that "Honey, if he isn't putting a ring on that finger fast, you better wisen up quickly and dump him. He's an idiot if he hasn't already proposed." She then said "He has a good point there, maybe we can shop for engagement rings tomorrow." He won round 2.

Of course she loves this whole banter because it is furthering her goals but is making me look bad because he persisted. I can't tell you what he said next because of the PG-13 rules of this forum.

Skip to another day. I was at the bar and my gf had to go to the bathroom. When she went a guy said "Man, how much did you pay for that call girl?" I said "she's not a call girl, she's my girlfriend." He said "you lucky sob".

Now I like banter as much as the next guy, but I feel there's limits to this kind of thing. My gf is so attractive that everywhere we go it draws attention. I know that the Big Sleazy is a place where anything goes but it was something that irritated me a bit and looking for some better lines when this happens. I also realize these men were jealous of me but I feel like I always have to be on the defense to guard against these attacks.

Any advice on how to handle these types of comments?
You got a hot girlfriend. It’s just guys wishing they were in your position. Enjoy it. Don’t let it get to you. Think of it this way. At the end of the night you’re the one taking her home

You can always ignore the “banter”. If someone says something I find inappropriate I simply stare at them. Funny they get really quiet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.