Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

The only person who can answer those questions is you.

Your life, you have to live and learn on your own.

Based on your posts about her you didn't really seem THAT into her and expressed guilt over not feeling as strongly as she has for months. So that should tell you something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The only person who can answer those questions is you.

Your life, you have to live and learn on your own.

Based on your posts about her you didn't really seem THAT into her and expressed guilt over not feeling as strongly as she has for months. So that should tell you something.
True. Thank you.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Should I have waited longer to see if i would fall in love? Are my feelings normal and how long will I take her to recover?
Your feelings are normal and since you had already came to this point prolonging it would just make it worse.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
She fixed all those issues. People do change and grow.
Wow, she fixed all that? That's good.

Did her ex husband ever sign the divorce papers?

Right now you're just going through the grief stage of not having something that you're used to. That's why people tell you to stay busy after a breakup so your mind doesn't keep wandering back to that list.

You did the right thing. You were not as into her as she was into you.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Should I have waited longer to see if i would fall in love? Are my feelings normal and how long will I take her to recover?
Are you asking how long will it take her to recover? We can't know that. We she upset? Have you had any contact since?

Would you be upset if you found out she was just fine, and found a new guy?

Everyone deserves to have fireworks if that's what their aim is. I know I've felt it a few times, so I'm not hanging out for 9 months of "this is kinda nice". I feel like someone would be lucky to have me as their SO, so if they're just feeling MEH, then don't do me no favors. Know what I mean?

Yeah, you did the right thing for sure.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:57 PM

17,741 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Why do you feel horrible? Is it because you feel you hurt her? Or because you miss her?

As for whether or not you did the right thing, you'll figure that out soon enough.

If you continue to feel horrible and that feeling just won't go away, then you probably made a mistake.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:44 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Why do you feel horrible? Is it because you feel you hurt her? Or because you miss her?

As for whether or not you did the right thing, you'll figure that out soon enough.

If you continue to feel horrible and that feeling just won't go away, then you probably made a mistake.
I feel bad because I broke her heart and she’s is going through a lot of pain now. She was crying. I do also miss her, but I think that’s just because of all the time we spent together and constant communication. I miss having her in my life. All our inside jokes, her voice, our things we did together, her hugs and kisses. I am feeling better though, And it hasn’t been a week yet. But when we were still a couple, I didn’t miss her as much.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:28 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Not got any advice, but just want to say I hope you feel better soon OP.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:57 AM

1,246 posts, read 825,089 times
The grass is always greener. Back-and-forth, hot-and-cold is not a good way to live IMO, so I would stick with your decision. It would hurt her worse if you go back to her now and then dump her again in a few months.

I have had to break up with someone I cared about who really wanted to be with me - it's the worst feeling in the world, but gets better with time. Best of luck.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:07 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
She fixed all those issues. People do change and grow.
Well, if you still don't deeply love her, then I guess it wasn't meant to be. People can look great "on paper". That still doesn't mean they're THE ONE, so don't feel bad that you seem to be wondering why you didn't love her more.

I'm not one for staying friends w/ exes, so don't try to stay in touch here & there, hang out sometimes, & all that, just be done for good then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships