Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Welp she texted me saying how I’m short and not attractive so who am I to judge her. Wasn’t expecting that.

Solidifes my decision even more. If I’m gonna get treated harshly by women im at least gonna go after women I’m attracted to.

Clearly unattractive ladies aren’t any nicer.
Find this hard to believe. It’s like she had no clue about your physical looks until she saw you.

Unless you catfished her? Lol

Sorry, but I find it highschoolish and funny two people insulting each other on looks after they gone on a date.

“You’re ugly!”
“Wacha talking bout, I was doing you a favor by going on date with you!”

Old 07-15-2019, 11:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Find this hard to believe. It’s like she had no clue about your physical looks until she saw you.

Sorry, but I find it highschoolish and funny two people insulting each other on looks after they gone on a date.

“You’re ugly!”
"You can't fire me! I QUIT!"

Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

“You’re ugly!”
I think she’s was lashing out because she probably expected me to just be grateful that anyone was into me because of my looks.

As far as insulting her I just gave her a one liner because she attacked me out of nowhere.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:26 PM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You know, this whole “beggars can’t be choosers” attitude is one reason why people aren’t successful with dating.

You guys don’t like it to be said to you, but you’re sure quick to fling it back at the “chubby girl.”

“Hot” is in the eye of the beholder. None of us is going to be attractive OR attracted to everybody, and the whole leagues mindset and leveling up or down BS is keeping you deluded.

Just be kind. Even if they’re a-holes, doesn’t mean you have to be one too.

It definitely is not attractive.
Yes, there are many aspects of dating, outside of looks, that ultimately determine compatibility. But, I don't think it's BS to say that in general physically attractive men date/marry physically attractive women (ppl who most would agree are attractive). I think this is normally what happens, even though exceptions do exist.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
Yes, there are many aspects of dating, outside of looks, that ultimately determine compatibility. But, I don't think it's BS to say that in general physically attractive men date/marry physically attractive women (ppl who most would agree are attractive). I think this is normally what happens, even though exceptions do exist.
I've dated people who I thought were nice looking but people around me have thought they were not attractive at all. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, perhaps that applies a bit more for women though.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
I’ve tried old and it never worked for me.. couldn’t ever get a response back.. I never deleted my profile but I stayed off it and after a few years I got my first message from a lady.

I knew by her picture I had no physical attraction at all but since I can never get dates I figured why not give it a shot even knowing myself and how my attraction works that this probably would go nowhere.

She was fine as a person had fun taking to her but there was no way I could ever be intimate wit her. She called me and asked for another date I felt bad but I just couldn’t do it. There was no way I could picture even kissing her.

I know how my attraction works and I’d rather be alone the rest of my life then with someone I’m not physically attracted to at all which might be my situation but so be it.

I learned early on that is best to not pursue people I'm not attracted to. Not doing anybody any favors by lying to them or yourself. May seem harsh but nowadays I simply avoid people I'm not attracted to. I don't say hi, I don't flirt, I don't even look at them or their profiles. I keep it moving. People that lie to you aren't real and aren't really your friends.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:42 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
I think she’s was lashing out because she probably expected me to just be grateful that anyone was into me because of my looks.

As far as insulting her I just gave her a one liner because she attacked me out of nowhere.
It doesn’t make sense. What would make her lash out, text you, tell you you’re too ugly and too short to date from out of the blue?

Kinda funny, two people on a dating site dropping their physical standards, and both finding out it was a mistake. Lol

Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Wait...if you are chubby, you need to go out with people you don't find attractive?

Is that the rule? Or is it that if you're chubby, you're obligated to find anyone who approaches you attractive?
This was just an example , being chubby is just one physical flaw of many that is an example of how people tend to go after what they themselves cannot offer.

Like a chubby person desiring only men with washboard abs, an athletic person when they themselves had never set foot in a gym.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:03 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So you are shallow, at least you know this going forward. Nothing wrong with it.
That's not shallow at all. There has to be some physical chemistry going on if a relationship is ever going to go beyond platonic friendship. You can't be physically repulsed by someone. Won't work, and it's not fair to them either.

It just can't be the ONLY criteria.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:09 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
There had been times where I'd not get any responses from the women that I had been attracted to, that I would go through a phase of, "Hm, wonder what kind of response would I get if I emailed someone I didn't find so attractive".

I took it down a notch, contacted a chubby gal that was into the same things I'm into. Got no response, later I found out through a friend that knew her that she wasn't physically attracted to me. I was like "Huh? Has she not looked in the mirror lately? LOL"
It seems almost like you expected her to respond favorably to your contacting her. As if since she was chubby she is obligated to respond to anyone who contacts her and at least try to get to know them. But chubby girls are often just as selective as any other girl. It’s almost like they’re regular girls who value themselves and have a mind and preferences of their own!

I’ll give you some credit: seeking out a person who had similar interests listed. Seems you’d have been willing to give it a try had she been interested in you. But you made a flawed assumption from the start by “devaluing” her. She obviously didn’t know this, but it’s made the experience noteworthy to you because you did. Otherwise she’d likely just be another swing and a miss. Most of us have been rejected by more people than we can remember. But this one has stuck with you for some reason and it’s probably your own doing.

Also, as a guy who likes chubby girls I can tell you they are every bit as selective as other girls. I dated fit/athletic girls for a while before eventually shifting my efforts to chubby girls. My success rate was no higher. (I did okay as it was, but it wasn’t like the chubby girls were lined up outside my door just because I was interested in them.) These are still regular girls who like what they like and can’t force a preference any better than anyone else. Furthermore they are often used to receiving the same type of reaction you described: they express their lack of interest and have people attack their appearance, specifically their weight. If word ever got back to her you elreacted the way you did I guarantee she won’t be surprised: she’s seen it a few times already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships