Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:21 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times

Advertisements

So, today was a successful day. I finally got him to answer my unanswered questions via text. I got what I wanted to hear even though it may not have been exactly what I wanted to hear. I hit him with that we should file for divorce and he agreed. I think this will help with closure. I have been a mess the past few days but I actually feel somewhat relieved for now.

I just want to say thanks for all the honest responses here. You all have been so helpful. It's much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
So, today was a successful day. I finally got him to answer my unanswered questions via text. I got what I wanted to hear even though it may not have been exactly what I wanted to hear. I hit him with that we should file for divorce and he agreed. I think this will help with closure. I have been a mess the past few days but I actually feel somewhat relieved for now.

I just want to say thanks for all the honest responses here. You all have been so helpful. It's much appreciated.
I'm really glad for you, Becky. It's NOT easy, but you persevered.

Here's to even more happiness

Old 07-18-2019, 11:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
I have been a mess the past few days but I actually feel somewhat relieved for now.
It will get much better when some time has passed. It is probably like separation all over with the pain and relief at the same time.

Hugs

Old 07-18-2019, 12:48 PM

146 posts, read 78,024 times
Quote:
Well, I did talk to one of his close friends a couple weeks ago. He was reluctant to tell me but he said that DH told him he regrets what he's done and made a big mistake. I did mention a rebound relationship to DH and he said "sounds about right". I do know he has still has feelings for me from some of the things he's told me. He's also told me he misses me and my good cooking. He's dug himself pretty deep though and I have no clue how he would get himself out of it. She sold her house 650 miles away and left her entire family to move in with him 2 months ago. I don't know who does that but OK. Btw, they went to school together and reconnected on FB. Anyhow, I know he has a big heart (which he always has) and I can't see him just kicking her to the curb. I also can't see myself going through this again if he decided it wasn't working out. This is very painful since we had been together almost 30 years and share family and friends together. Yes, we got together right out of high school and the kids are both ours. Was it easy? No it wasn't but every marriage has it's ups and downs. I stuck by him all along and never gave up on him. There are probably times that I should have left for some of the foolish stuff he did. I was actually doing pretty well until I found out about the other woman. It just hurts.

I don't know what the future holds. I have been trying to accept the fact that we won't be getting back together and he's moved on. This is part of the healing process.

I do appreciate the kind words.

Well all in all regardless of whether you guys get a divorce or not give your SELF some time.
Don't rush into anything like he did. Take some time with and for yourself. many, many people now-a-days jump right into another relationship(trying to remove feelings for the past one) but it ends up going very VERY miserable(ala your hubs) so take some time. Focus on your family and if they have any grandbabies. Since you do have feelings for him also that is why you need time. Human emotions are not an on and off switch so there is nothing wrong with there being maybe even years before you get over the person. It is ok.

And thank you for being a sweetheart on here.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Thanks everyone for the kind words as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships