Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 01:21 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
If you're also friends with the 2 on her friends list from your area (I'm not talking if you're facebook friends, but if you know them) ask if they've heard from her in a while. If yes, ask them to tell her you were asking about her and give them your email. If she wants to get in touch with you then, she will. Never hurts to try!
That is a good idea, Im actually friends with both of those people too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 01:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
What are your motives? That will partly dictate what you should do. Are you looking just to be friends, or to get romantically involved with her, or...?

Don't be disappointed if she doesn't respond or "friend" you back. She may not be on Facebook much, she may not remember you, she may be very choosy about who she has on her friends list, and for some people the past is the past and if she has plenty of friends now, she might not feel the need to reconnect with people from decades ago. Especially since neither of you has any idea who the other turned out to be and you might discover you don't even get along anymore.
Those are good points, I have NO goal to start dating her or anything like that.

I think some of this is just me 'reminiscing', those times were GREAT for me and right before I started to make some bad decisions, that would have life long consequences, I think I can say it was honestly the last time I was really happy too.

I was doing well in BMX and had a chance to take it to the next level if I would just commit to more training, unfortunately, I started to become more interested in chasing girls and hanging out with the 'wrong' group of kids, my sport became less and less of a priority. To make it worse, my parents were going thru a divorce and my dad constantly nagged at me about how expensive and time consuming BMX racing was, the traveling to different sanctioned races, the bikes, uniforms, parts, etc. My mom had provided all of this beforehand, everything was changing for the worse basically.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:08 PM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Those are good points, I have NO goal to start dating her or anything like that.

I think some of this is just me 'reminiscing', those times were GREAT for me and right before I started to make some bad decisions, that would have life long consequences, I think I can say it was honestly the last time I was really happy too.

I was doing well in BMX and had a chance to take it to the next level if I would just commit to more training, unfortunately, I started to become more interested in chasing girls and hanging out with the 'wrong' group of kids, my sport became less and less of a priority. To make it worse, my parents were going thru a divorce and my dad constantly nagged at me about how expensive and time consuming BMX racing was, the traveling to different sanctioned races, the bikes, uniforms, parts, etc. My mom had provided all of this beforehand, everything was changing for the worse basically.

If you reach her be careful to refrain from talking personal problems right off, just be friendly and reminisce with her, which she might really enjoy.

And no matter earlier bad decisions, you can and should always be working on bettering yourself. That's something you never stop doing, even with mistakes in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships