Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 04:49 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Right? And there was even a time I was invited and said to myself: "Oh hell no, I really don't need that right now." If I want to see a naked dancing man I can have a private party anyway.
Bachelor & bachelorette parties are not so you can see a dancing man or woman tho....it's all part of the joke & to celebrate with silly fun that your friend is getting married..........

A N D...you don't go to a wedding .....for the dinner or champagne....you go because you want to see a friend get married & you support them & share in their happiness! If it's just the dinner or champagne you want....there's lots more places to go....

It's to support F R I E N D S.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:53 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Bachelor & bachelorette parties are not so you can see a dancing man or woman tho....it's all part of the joke & to celebrate with silly fun that your friend is getting married..........

A N D...you don't go to a wedding .....for the dinner or champagne....you go because you want to see a friend get married & you support them & share in their happiness! If it's just the dinner or champagne you want....there's lots more places to go....

I don't think having naked strangers around is "silly fun". But each to their own.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I don't think having naked strangers around is "silly fun". But each to their own.
Ita.....BUT bachelor & bachelorette parties are a tradition that have been around a long time....& you don't have to go if you don't want. BUT....if somebody goes to a party to support their BFF....male or female...I don't see why it's made to be such a big thang.....E D I T: And...not all bachelor or bachelorette parties have nudity or dancers.

If the relationship is happy that will shine in how a man treats you or how transparent he is willing to be. If it's not...that will show too......& that's the problem.....not his bff getting married.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-02-2019 at 05:42 PM..

Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:

Ha! Nowhere else in real life would my saying: “I don’t feel like having a strange half-naked man rubbing around and dancing at me” cause such a **spastic** reaction! && now that’s **silly** ita.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ha! Nowhere else in real life would my saying: “I don’t feel like having a strange half-naked man rubbing around and dancing at me” cause such a **spastic** reaction! && now that’s **silly** ita.
Spastic? I didn't have a muscle spasm.....just telling you that a bachelorette party really isn't about watching a naked man......it's about supporting friends & that most of them don't have half naked men.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:34 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
DH is an old man (pushing 70). WTH?
Why would he settle for two buck chuck when he's got prime rib at home?

Old 08-03-2019, 07:28 AM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
They’re not normally naked. In New Jersey they wear thongs and they have to wear pasty’s if they’re at a place that serves alcohol. My ex and his buddies went through a phase where they started going to go go bar’s for a couple of years. I was a very jealous and insecure person then, but I didn’t worry about it at all it didn’t bother me. I was much more jealous of women he worked with who were fully clothed, LOL (he would not have cheated on me though).. It sounds funny to say, but it really wasn’t a sexual thing for him or them. It was just a buddy thing.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 08-03-2019 at 08:45 AM..

Old 08-03-2019, 10:43 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,558,762 times
Quote:

Exactly... I dont go to a friend's kids 1st birthday party because I really like seeing little kids running wild, playing in bouncy houses, etc.

People set certain types of parties/events based on tradition.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They’re not normally naked. In New Jersey they wear thongs and they have to wear pasty’s if they’re at a place that serves alcohol. My ex and his buddies went through a phase where they started going to go go bar’s for a couple of years. I was a very jealous and insecure person then, but I didn’t worry about it at all it didn’t bother me. I was much more jealous of women he worked with who were fully clothed, LOL (he would not have cheated on me though).. It sounds funny to say, but it really wasn’t a sexual thing for him or them. It was just a buddy thing.
A lot of people are agreeing, I do too, it’s an entertainment thing. A celebration of the last “single” days, but not everyone needs that demarcation in modern times, or even recognizes it. Some continue to see dancing girls with their buddies after marriage, what was the big hoopla about seeing some right before the big day?

I’ve been to a few bachelorette parties, it’s been at least 20 years though! Not everyone is on board or “into” that. If my 20 something daughter were to get married, I know if I asked her if she was going to mark the day by finding a frisky guy in a Speedo to act out on her, she’d tell me that’s perverted, and it’s an awful idea, suited to someone way more sexualized or who can’t tell their friends they don’t want that kind of “honor” planned for them.

Here’s where men and women may be different, and yes that has nothing to do with “letting” anyone do anything, it’s just accepting the fact that everyone clearly feels different about this sort of ritual. I feel people should have right to reserve their decision not to go. Not make a big judge-y stink about it in the process, but the point was not as many women get excited about the half naked guy thing. Maybe some men feel pressured, too. Just a thought.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Exactly... I dont go to a friend's kids 1st birthday party because I really like seeing little kids running wild, playing in bouncy houses, etc.

People set certain types of parties/events based on tradition.
YES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships